Reaction score
What is on the river south of the city of parker and dam

Any resorts.
bars
sand bar hang outs

Never been

cxr

Reaction score
just south of the dam is Big River a small town. nice beaches and houses on the water. but you can go 1-2 hours further i believe into lost lake i have never been that far but heard there used to be a bitchin bar on the river there.

cofooter

Reaction score
Blue Water Lagoon park is just below the dam, my sister and BIL have a place there, pretty deserted except for big weekends, no bars there, used to be a couple of bars down river but not sure anymore, you can go forever it seems til you hit the diversion dam at lost lake, several little parks down there. Only concern is maybe having to wait for the water to come up in the morning.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
A bunch of natives with poisonous blow darts, A few alligators, one hippo, and a family that the movie Deliverance was based on.

You wouldn’t like it 👍

😂 I heard it was closed anyway. :p

We used to stay at Lost Lakes back in the day. It's jet boat country for sure. And the water level fluctuation is extreme. You can run a prop down there, but you have to be Very aware. Way back when, they had flat bottom races every Saturday in front of Lost Lakes. Everyone would stand on the bluff and watch.

It was awesome. 👍

It's very unlike Parker. There is nothing like Foxes down there. At least not that I remember...

cofooter

Reaction score
And the only bar that I know of down there also doubles as a halfway house and is owned by a dumbass named walker. It’s literally a house. -10/10 would not recommend
Ha!!! Little bit of a walk from the beach, but great bar!!

lantz

Reaction score
I stayed down there with a GF in the early 90's who had a house in Big River. Her dad had a small 19' I/O. Small stretch that he'd let me drive. From the little I saw, it was obvious that you really needed to spend some time with someone who knew where the channel was in the sketchy parts. He'd vneture a little farther south sometimes, but never too far. never to Lost Lakes. I am planning on sneaking down there again someday with our jet and spending some time exploring. Problem is is that the river from Parker Dam to Yuma is scheduled to be closed from August 2nd through Next Labor day. Not sure I will have the time to get down there this afternoon.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
What is on the river south of the city of parker and dam

Any resorts.
bars
sand bar hang outs

Never been
It’s where all the truly fast jet botes used to hang out.

Theres pee pee cove, and several sand bars and sandy beaches to hang out at. We used to frequent Big River RV Park. We sold the boat and we‘re taking a pause from the River.

30FB25BC-1F2B-44C5-A4A1-20001BF8ED9D.jpeg
A6D54E6D-04AE-454A-A6CC-A67507F4EDA9.jpeg

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Any places to get fuel on the river there

I’ve gone from Martinez to Walters landing or whatever it is.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Big River to Lost Lake is maybe an hour boat ride, stopping to drink a beer and swim a couple of times lol.

I've had a place at LL for over 10 years. Ran a flat down there for the first 6 and then a jet the last. If you're serious about exploring send me a pm.

The area is desolate, and that's why we love it. You can boat for miles and not see anyone or you can head to one of many sandbars and have the crowds and party.

Several trailer "resorts" but no food, drink or fuel on the water. If only doing a day trip, you had better pack everything you'll need!

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
That looks like a really nice section of water during the week it must be NO- BODY Town!

tuesday -Thursday at Martinez way back in the 90’s was awesome! Quiet peaceful

miss those days

cxr

Reaction score
And the only bar that I know of down there also doubles as a halfway house and is owned by a dumbass named walker. It’s literally a house. -10/10 would not recommend

LOl DUMASS WALKERS? LOL thats hilarious i remember when the barz in AZ would close and the indians would head enmasse there

blue wonder

Reaction score
Any places to get fuel on the river there

I’ve gone from Martinez to Walters landing or whatever it is.
Yes there’s fuel at Martinez, fishers landing and hidden shores (the end of the river) which is where I boat from…this far lower part of the river is amazing, all sand anywhere you look and no rocks, but it’s not for everyone, you need to know how to read the river to navigate it but it’s not that complicated unless your someone that has to ask how to get into the river out of havasu, still cracks me up every time!!!…not talking shit but yes I kinda am, reading the river isn’t that hard but some people make it that way

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Big River is awesome! I wouldn't take a big boat down there, but it's been done.

Mel in Bad Blood at Big River.

Mel.jpg

aa1.jpg

Alandwife.jpg

That yellow Cheetah was the biggest boat I saw down there back when I was going (years ago).

Alcorntrip.jpg

br (2).jpg

Me surfing behind a jet ski.

BRSurf.jpg

Alcorns River House garage. These pics are pretty old.
Alcorngarage.jpg

blue wonder

Reaction score
And I’m only saying this cause I’ve been all over the river from Yuma to Mohave and I hate rocks, I don’t like wearing shoes and like walking on sand all day…and blythe area is nice as well, and the south end of aha-quin is ok as well, anything north of that kinda sucks IMO

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Yes there’s fuel at Martinez, fishers landing and hidden shores (the end of the river) which is where I boat from…this far lower part of the river is amazing, all sand anywhere you look and no rocks, but it’s not for everyone, you need to know how to read the river to navigate it but it’s not that complicated unless your someone that has to ask how to get into the river out of havasu, still cracks me up every time!!!…not talking shit but yes I kinda am, reading the river isn’t that hard but some people make it that way

I’m talking about north of Blythe

blue wonder

Reaction score
I’m talking about north of Blythe
Gotcha, I’ve been a few spots north of blythe and hated all of them for the most part, if you ever would like to venture down to god’s country I’d be more than happy to show you around :)

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Gotcha, I’ve been a few spots north of blythe and hated all of them for the most part, if you ever would like to venture down to god’s country I’d be more than happy to show you around :)

I’ve ran all of the lower river. Thanks though