WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is the preferred brand

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Of tires for a car? And from where? Time for new tires for my Honda so I’m asking the experts:)

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Brand 🤷🏼‍♂️
Place - Tucker Tire 👍 Crown Valley/I-5

Now.... you might want to add a city or County or country to help yourself a bit.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Never heard of Continental. Will check America’s tire.
I’m in Loma Linda/Redlands area.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Continentals on all our cars for many years. BFG KO2's on the Duramax

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
The mechanic I use will rotate my tires for free if I buy them from him. His prices have been competitive and it makes it easy to have tires rotated at every oil change

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
X2

They use the same tech as the better brands but they hold to tight standards. Been running them almost exclusively for 10 years and haven't been disappointed yet. Not cheap but at least you get what you pay for. Other premium brands can be just as good.

Costco runs sales every few months that are very hard to beat.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Michelin. I started buying tires from car dealership. They’ll price match and treat your wheels better than America’s Tire.
I always get service at at dealer, didn’t think it was good for tires but will check them out.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Been using Simpletire.com for a while I just got some Firestone transforce ht for my f250 for 119 ea. free shipping costs $20 ea to get mounted

spectras only

Reaction score
I used different tires for track and street. I stick with Nitto Neo Gen performance M+S tire now, 280 TW.[ Previous R compound performance tires only gained 4 sec off my lap time and wore them out in a few days So, I stick with this tire for a while since I'm on the track 15 days a month. ;) I could get Continental extreme contact tires on the cheap from our sponsor at the track but they don't handle any better than these Nittos. The Nitto 205 50 15 tires at the local KAL tire shop is $120 cdn ea, even cheaper than the discounted Continentals. There are stickier performance tires like mentioned above but at the price point and performance, you'd be happy with the Nitto Neo Gen. They are quality and I don't even balance them, running smooth through the speed range. I do have a tire changer and only match the valve stem to the yellow dot on the tire when mounting.
Check them out next time when you're ready to buy again,
Nitto NT01 or NT05 is a great summer tire. Toyo 888R or Hoosier is great for tracking.

Last edited:

LuauLounge

Reaction score
My wife has an AWD VW CC with 18" wheels. Looked at America's Tire and prices went from $73 to $301 each. Started talking to the guy and they carry Barum Bravarus, which is made by Continental. Tires were $83 each and have had them over a year. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.
Also, if you buy something you don't like at America's, they'll take them back within 30 days.

spectras only

Reaction score
Just a heads up for you street junkies looking for a street legal, almost slick tire that will outperform most fancy shmancy tire in the streets or on track ;)track..

Just got 17 inch tires from them for our S2000 GTU racecar, this morning.
1599097797551.png

Last edited:

thedan

Reaction score
Walmart.com for most. Not truck. Free shipping home or to one of their stores(even neighborhood markets)! Can’t beat the looks of shoppers buying tampons and cucumbers, and you have a cart full of tires! Go to the local neighborhood shop for install.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Been using Coopers on my Toyota Tacoma, 50000 mile warranty from Tucker Tire in Covina. They replaced all 4 at 40000 miles.
Best tire I have found for that truck. 222222 miles on it.
Have Coopers on my F350 too, Lost a tread with only 25000 miles.. We will see.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
America’s Tire Company. I usually don’t get the “Good” or “Best” usually get the “Better” ones. Right in the middle. Usually decent brand and price.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I have Michelins on my service truck. I know you have a car but they have been great on the truck. Thing weighs 10k lbs. and the tires were taking a beating with all those craters on the LA freeways. Got 75k miles out of them. Had about 6 plugs in them and never broke a belt. Have 53k on my second set here in Az and must have a least half tread left.