WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is the reason someone can never come on your boat again?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Saw this on IG- could get interesting

62C4457F-9B61-4357-9E36-0C84B4D7431D.jpeg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There isn’t a lot of rules in my boat.
Carpet and gel and stuff like that isn’t a huge concern though I do keep it nice.
It’s the whining I hate.
I tell them “that’s going to blow out, that’s going to bounce to the back, you’re going to lose that phone or those keys if you leave them there” etc.

They rarely listen. Their solution is “slow down”...
One ex friend in particular always wants to take the boat out when he’d visit.
I’m always good with that.
I’d tell him “put that phone in this bag, put the towel under the seat, you’re going to lose that tshirt etc etc.
Always a rebuttal like “it’ll be ok just dont go 80 MPH”...
Wrong answer dipshit.
Bye bye shirt, bye bye towel, 10 minute search for cell phone while sitting in the channel trying to relax in my submerged camp chair with a beer while he whines about how I owe him a cell phone and new Harley shirt cuz I wouldn’t slow down as his shit blew out of the boat. He was the worst complainer,
Girls rarely complain. One did, an old girlfriend I thought about getting back with last year.
“Slow down it’s too bouncy”...
Broomed her pretty quick.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Eating Cheetios after being told not to,

What are "Cheetios"? Is that Cheerios and Cheetos mixed together? 🤣

Biggest one for me is when someone says, "Oh by the way, I have to be back by 2PM" when you're almost to Avalon or some other long run. If I had known that to begin with I'd have left you on the dock!

DWC

Reaction score
Small list of nopes: Kids that don’t listen, spray sunscreen while sitting in the boat, pets, Jean shorts.

You can bring messy food and drinks. Eat them on the beach.

I give the “hats off” warning nearly every time. I don’t stop of turn around even if it’s a $$$ RDP hat. Funny when they don’t believe it. I’ve seen and been in too many close calls for people that flip 180’s for something.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Leaving trash, spray tan, not taking off water shoes after being told. Big ass hard coolers - actually told my regular crew no more hard sided coolers, if you want to bring one make sure it is soft and they all bought AO’s. Lol.

Not at least offering to help wipe down. Not a deal breaker but damn at least offer.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Drunk former bro in law kicked back of my seat back on launch ramp when leaving. Ended up in a boxing match on the launch ramp. Luckily it was Riverview and we were the only ones around on a Monday. That was a permanent ban on the boat , lol

4Waters

Reaction score
The respect rules are no spray sunblock, orange chips or colored juices/drinks. I am the captain my wife is first mate.

The safety rules are no putting your hands on the cowl going through the walk through picking your feet off the floor and swinging your feet, seen too many kids with wet hands slip on the nicely waxed gel and bounce off their ribs, or smack their heads. No jumping off the center of the swimstep always to the right or left of the OD, if we are not anchored or tied off you need to announce to the captain/me that you are entering the water, if I need to reposition the boat I know someone is there, no standing/walking above wakeless speed.

Anyone of these being broken it is up to the captain or first mate if you are done.

Last edited:

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score

Biggest one for me is when someone says, "Oh by the way, I have to be back by 2PM" when you're almost to Avalon or some other long run. If I had known that to begin with I'd have left you on the dock!
hey its early leave me alone

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Had my uncles flatty at the river for the weekend back in the 90's. Friend was eating sunflower seeds. Well one sunflower seed ended up in the auto drain. Woke up at 5 to do a morning wake up ride , but came out to find it sunk to the front seats.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
. . . I run in the ocean often, this one will get you barred for life, "Hey Man, I know I told you I'd help clean the boat when we get back, but my chick is trippin right now and I've gotta split as soon as we get back to the ramp" . . . .

East Wood

Reaction score
Small list of nopes: Kids that don’t listen, spray sunscreen while sitting in the boat, pets, Jean shorts.

You can bring messy food and drinks. Eat them on the beach.

I give the “hats off” warning nearly every time. I don’t stop of turn around even if it’s a $$$ RDP hat. Funny when they don’t believe it. I’ve seen and been in too many close calls for people that flip 180’s for something.

Curious….why no jean shorts? I don’t think I know anyone who owns them, but just curious😂

Blue Oval

Reaction score
B1FB6A38-0A67-459D-ABC0-E7FA47D7FFFF.jpeg

A friends asked to ride for the day of Boyne Thunder. Told him, I do a raft up for my Marshal Boats after the run. We pull out at sunset. The run went fine, tied up with 10+ boats having fun and he tells me he has to work at 5. I told him to start swimming. Yep, John has not been invited back on the boat.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Not taking directions from the captain.

Once took a group of friends to Havasu for a holiday in high school. I was use to boating with my GF and best friend who were always on point. Decided to pick a little chill spot past the sandbar for a little bit and as I was pullng up to the rocky beach, told one of the guys to jump in and catch the boat because he was in one of the aft seats with easier access. He flat out said no because the water was cold…Luckily my best friend launched himself from the front seat to catch the boat before we hit the rocks. I was furious, had some words, and that boiled over to a scrap and breaking a few things at the condo that night.

4Waters

Reaction score
. . . I run in the ocean often, this one will get you barred for life, "Hey Man, I know I told you I'd help clean the boat when we get back, but my chick is trippin right now and I've gotta split as soon as we get back to the ramp" . . . .
I can take or leave the help with wiping the boat down, we have our routine and it works well but a lot of people don't understand that if you drop the towel it's done, grab a different one.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

SO TRUE

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Vomiting chicks.... I swear .... I see them coming down the dock and the hotter they are the higher the risk of vomiting later. I give 'em the wrist bands and the pitch about how these will keep you from getting seasick but the smoking hot gals always get green when we stop for breaks after runs and the rocking starts. CONVERSLY.... what WILL get you invited back is asking if there's a bathroom and when told no they just slide outta that bottom and walk past me placing the taco off the side and peeing down the outside ... thats hot as fuck!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I don’t want want to be offered money for gas necessarily, but I want an offer to pick up lunch at Topock or pick up dinner tonight. When it comes to cleaning the boat, my wife and I have a routine, but you can grab the scrubbing bubbles and start cleaning the soot off the transom.

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
Dropped cheez it’s then stepped on them. Crunched into the carpet and they DGAF. Never again.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Vomiting chicks.... I swear .... I see them coming down the dock and the hotter they are the higher the risk of vomiting later. I give 'em the wrist bands and the pitch about how these will keep you from getting seasick but the smoking hot gals always get green when we stop for breaks after runs and the rocking starts. CONVERSLY.... what WILL get you invited back is asking if there's a bathroom and when told no they just slide outta that bottom and walk past me placing the taco off the side and peeing down the outside ... thats hot as fuck!
What's the prize if they take a dump?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
They voted for Biden.

That particular problem takes care of itself on my boat. Of course the flip side of that equation is that it was the friends of a girl I was trying to get with at the time and I never saw them, or her again. I don't think the friends liked me.
20200425_202559.jpg

Also, be ready to help anchor/tie up at my direction, at least offer to help clean up (i usually refuse but the gesture is appreciated) and its your responsibility to fill the cooler. I always get the gas.

Last edited:

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I put TWO water tubs at front of the boat.... I tell everyone RINSE your feet before entry.... idiots... well except for the grandkids.. they rinse their feet, step in the sand and get in..... I just smile and have them go redo the rinse .... they are young, they are learning fast. Only happened twice in 4 years. Four and six years old now.

gqchris

Reaction score
I'm with @DWC on this one, I don't turn around for blown off hats. It happens every trip! LOL

And I also request please do not grab the plexi windshields, either to hold on, or to get off boat. It about a 2 thousand dollar mistake if you break it :)

charlyox

Reaction score
The bl
Curious….why no jean shorts? I don’t think I know anyone who owns them, but just curious😂
The blue dye will stain your seats. It happened to me. It was a bitch to get it out.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Can't believe nobody said anything about stepping on the seats like they are ladders. 🤣

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Neighbor kid drydocked a turd on my carpet once. The Dad grabbed it and tossed it thinking I didn't see it and left the skid mark to be my problem at a later time. Took em to the dock and said adios. Normally I would have probably laughed it off and been a tad butt hurt on the inside while keeping my mouth shut but this kid was 11 and having "issues".