WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is the world record for the fastest water skier ever?

colemancol

Reaction score
Hey
I think it was graig sumpner i dont remember last name but 136mph.
Anyone know?

MrWarpath

Reaction score
Fastest legal two pass 1/4 world record is 131.02 mph set by Ricky Avila 7-5-1982 . The fastest radar gun one pass record was bt Cris Massey in Australia 142 mph I believe it was set in 1984 but is was on a radar gun and only one pass. The fastest Kilo run made on record was 118.987 done by Mike Avila in 1987 at Dexter Lake.Fastest complete barefoot record I believe was Lee Kirk at 101 at Paris. Fastest one pass barefoot run with the aid of booties was Scott Pelliton 136 mph at Firebird lake 1995. Fastest speed held barefoot for a distance of 1 mile is Mike Avila 81.43 on bare feet in Italy 1985..........Womans record for fastest one pass with no back up is Dawna Brice 111 mph set in Long beach. Fastest run made with a back up was Sally Younger 106 mph set when she was 16 years old and I believe it was 1977. Fastest womans real barefoot record is 76 mph set by a girl from Australia in 1983 at Lake Ming. Fastest one pass with the aid of booties was Teressa Wallace at 107 set in 2006.I have all the respect for those that used the aid of booties as it is horrible on your feet to go with out , but I do have lots of respect for those that did it barefoot with out aid. Fastest barefoot backwards run is Robert Wing 78 mph and that is the badest run of them all and the one that will never be broke as there is not a person with the nuts in his sack to try that again..........just my take....

MOISTURE MISSILE

Reaction score
Try doing it without skis!:bowdown:

[video=youtube;jzydBFjP-JE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzydBFjP-JE[/video]

Vesteys

Reaction score
Grant Torrens might be hard to beat

''Grant has been involved in boating all his life. In the 1980s, he was a daredevil speed-skiing phenomenon. He sped away with the world waterskiing speed record of 156mph in the US - a mark that still stands unbeaten today.''

MrWarpath

Reaction score
Vesteys you have bumped you head.........Grant who is a very dear friend of mine Never went 156 mph on a water ski. In the USA the record is and has been for 27 years is 131 mph set by my brother Rick !! Grant was never able to make a very fast pass over here for two reasons one was the 1/4 course and the other was just luck, he really never had good luck with the boats..............he was very fast but never 156........

Vesteys

Reaction score
Vesteys you have bumped you head.........Grant who is a very dear friend of mine Never went 156 mph on a water ski. In the USA the record is and has been for 27 years is 131 mph set by my brother Rick !! Grant was never able to make a very fast pass over here for two reasons one was the 1/4 course and the other was just luck, he really never had good luck with the boats..............he was very fast but never 156........

You could be right , my memory of Grant is that he held the official 2 way average record of about 128 MPH .

The quote above comes directly from Grant's own web site !!

joel

Reaction score
Hey, The record is currently held by Chris Massey. (father) This was set on march 6th 1983 @ windsor, Syndey. The event was sanctioned by the Australian Drag racing assoc. He was towed by Stan Sainty behind Fallacy. The first run was 143.08mph. He then did a back up @ 141 mph. These were timed through the timing gates and not by radar. This timing set up was the only approved method by Guiness book of records. This record still stands and was even shown in last years Guiness Book of Records. Just thought i would clear this up.

quikbloxinc.com

Reaction score
Fastest legal two pass 1/4 world record is 131.02 mph set by Ricky Avila 7-5-1982 . The fastest radar gun one pass record was bt Cris Massey in Australia 142 mph I believe it was set in 1984 but is was on a radar gun and only one pass. The fastest Kilo run made on record was 118.987 done by Mike Avila in 1987 at Dexter Lake.Fastest complete barefoot record I believe was Lee Kirk at 101 at Paris. Fastest one pass barefoot run with the aid of booties was Scott Pelliton 136 mph at Firebird lake 1995. Fastest speed held barefoot for a distance of 1 mile is Mike Avila 81.43 on bare feet in Italy 1985..........Womans record for fastest one pass with no back up is Dawna Brice 111 mph set in Long beach. Fastest run made with a back up was Sally Younger 106 mph set when she was 16 years old and I believe it was 1977. Fastest womans real barefoot record is 76 mph set by a girl from Australia in 1983 at Lake Ming. Fastest one pass with the aid of booties was Teressa Wallace at 107 set in 2006.I have all the respect for those that used the aid of booties as it is horrible on your feet to go with out , but I do have lots of respect for those that did it barefoot with out aid. Fastest barefoot backwards run is Robert Wing 78 mph and that is the badest run of them all and the one that will never be broke as there is not a person with the nuts in his sack to try that again..........just my take....

FYI....The Worlds fastest Skiers are a follows as recognized in the Guinness Book of World records. Men: Chris Massey 143.08 ( 1983) Women: Dawna Patterson Brice August 21 1977
( Longest standing Water Skiing World record 41 years on Aug 21 2108) Barefoot: Scott Pellaton 135.74 ( 1987 ). Note: The National Dragboat Association dissolved in early 1977 therefore the old NDBA rules of a "backup pass" became obsolete. Booties or no booties, these three individuals have been the official stand alone, World record holders for decades.