I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Rotor strap?

HCP3

Reaction score
Helicopter flux-capacitor.

copterzach

Reaction score
It holds the collective down when you are out of the helicopter. Friction doesn’t always hold...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92 cole

Reaction score
It's an alien~! Or a battery carry thingie. Anyway I like the wood.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
It holds the collective down when you are out of the helicopter. Friction doesn’t always hold...

Is there a risk of it jumping back over during flight?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Flux capacitor?

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
It always seems like we have some sharp dudes around here.....but fuuuuck...you guys are a bunch of dumbasses....duuuuhhhh...:D
51CvVD9g+sL._AC_SY400_ML3_.jpg

SnoC653

Reaction score
What does the FAA say about non-approved gust locks or is your heli considered a home built?

Re-reading this it seems a little harsh, let me clairify. If the FAA doesn't approve the mod and anything happens will they throw this in the mix as factors present not contributing? They like to sling mud and see what they can make stick if something goes wrong. Obviously they don't have a friction lock on the collective but is it an option to install one?

copterzach

Reaction score
What does the FAA say about non-approved gust locks or is your heli considered a home built?

Re-reading this it seems a little harsh, let me clairify. If the FAA doesn't approve the mod and anything happens will they throw this in the mix as factors present not contributing? They like to sling mud and see what they can make stick if something goes wrong. Obviously they don't have a friction lock on the collective but is it an option to install one?

I have no idea. Some stuff just works.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Only just recently did the faa allow certifed motors and planes have 1 electronic ignition and a back up magneto( before you had 2 magnetos) its only on some 6 cycliders... that was done in 2016 iirc.

The faa moves extremely slowly when it comes to anything.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

It's not permanent, the FAA couldn't give two shits.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
If it works, great. Simple things are the best, just like the 'yaw string' on the windshield.

copterzach

Reaction score
If it works, great. Simple things are the best, just like the 'yaw string' on the windshield.

My yaw strings are missing. That could explain a lot

530RL

Reaction score
I’m surprised you can’t simply adjust the collective friction to be more firm. I’ve never had a Robinson collective with the full friction on be able to drift up on its own. Even a 500 which uses a similar spring system to balance collective forces can be locked down for exiting when hot fueling.

However, if it works it works.

Something to consider is if that application ever comes up and over the collective when someone does not expect it, especially given you typically fly doors off and in the shaded portion of the HV diagram, that it might raise a requirement for quick thinking and analysis.

It happened here in scottsdale, Seattle and Van Nuys but for slightly different reasons on AS350’s.

http://www.arizonawrecks.com/wreckchasingresources/eurocopter.html