• Welcome to River Dave's Place

What is wrong with CA judges

Discussion in 'RD's Lounge' started by liquid addiction, Jun 14, 2019.

1. liquid addiction

liquid addiction Well-Known Member

Really?

A California appeals court ruled this week inmates can legally possess marijuana in prison – they just can't do anything with it.

The 3rd District Court of Appeal’s 20-page ruling says the state’s voters legalized recreational possession of less than an ounce of cannabis in 2016, with no exception -- even for those behind bars. The decision Tuesday overturned the Sacramento County convictions of five inmates who'd been found with marijuana in their prison cells.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-inmates-can-possess-marijuana

DWC likes this.
  2. j21black

j21black Well-Known Member

They are smoking to much weed????

3. shintoooo

shintoooo I'm Blessed

Let them smoke as much weed as possible. It will cut down on jail violence. They will be too stoned to want to fight.

4. EBT531

EBT531 Well-Known Member

So does "do nothing with it" cover storing it in your *ss?? Isnt that one of the new ways to do Weed? Seems like a violation of their prison storage system rights LOL

5. 3queens

3queens Detachable Member

Just like Clinton
    They cant inhale

SixD9R and milkmoney like this.
  6. nameisbond

nameisbond Well-Known Member

7. Danger Dave

Danger Dave Well-Known Member

Plus they will need to work harder to earn more canteen money to buy snacks. CA is full of good ideas.

RitcheyRch likes this.
  8. dribble

dribble Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with California Judges (at least not in this case). They don't pass laws. With the passage of prop 64, possession of small amounts of marijuana is now legal in CA (and other states). What the press in this case failed to mention is that the prison can still ban marijuana within their administrative rule framework. What they can no longer do is charge the inmate with a felony unless and until the legislature acts. This ruling as I read it, follows the current but flawed law.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  9. SKIDMARC

SKIDMARC Well-Known Member

I guess if you cant stop it, allow it.

10. Kfabe

Kfabe Well-Known Member

HONK! HONK!

Hullbilly likes this.
  11. 500bbc

500bbc Well-Known Member

So he's saying they're required to keep it where it is, in their rectums?:eek:

12. buck35

buck35 Well-Known Member

Cbd, available here for rectal use....:eek::eek::eek:

LargeOrangeFont likes this.
  13. Runs2rch

Runs2rch Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm hahaha so you shove as many in as you can? Maybe RD knows the tricks. Mad advertising dollars hahaha

14. Andy B.

Andy B. Well-Known Member

The fuckers are in jail for a reason they lost all there rights when they commit a crime the next thing you'll want them to have is the ability to order out WTF!! Ca what a backwards ass state I feel for the normal common sense people that live there. They're felons they should be in a tent and shackles fuck them and there rights it's their choice to rob,kill.rape,etc they made the choice!!!! Seems to me the proposition was meant or should have been for HONEST CITIZENS NOT CRIMINALS this isn't public property it's jail!!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  15. Boat 405

Boat 405 Well-Known Member

They are making judgements based upon their opinion rather than following the law. Should be a terminating offense.

RitcheyRch and MohavValley like this.
  16. 500bbc

500bbc Well-Known Member

They are making judgments to intentionally make life so miserable for normal people that they will give up more of their rights to be rescued by their Libturd masters.

Hullbilly and MohavValley like this.
  17. MohavValley

MohavValley Well-Known Member

CA needs a huge Arpio tent City north of landcaster/south of ridge crest, pink jumpers and digging holes in the desert heat.

18. dribble

You seem have no comprehension of my post. I'm not arguing what they do or don't deserve. When the referendum regarding marijuana possession was written , then passed by the voters, there was no exclusion for prisoners. Clearly this was an oversight. It is now up to the legislature to correct that. The jails / prisons still ban marijuana possession. They just can't charge the inmate caught with it criminally. They can confiscate the drug and apply administrative penalties or even deny parole based on not following the rules. Much like they do when they catch prisoners with liquor. The judges can only rule based on the laws that are in effect. The legislature failed to act on this and they are to blame. With this ruling, they can and likely will act now.

19. t&y

t&y Well-Known Member

On a technicality your are correct. But here is a bigger problem, and the same problem I have with douche bag assholes that like to roll around smoking that shit in public. If these oxygen thieves are smoking the ciga shit in the facility, they are effecting the prison staff. Now that staff goes for a piss test and gets disciplined or fired from the second hand smoke. Many of these facilities are just big concrete boxes that really don't ventilate all that well. When they used to actually allow tobacco there was a low hanging cloud in many of those facilities as soon as you walked in.

People don't accidentally bring dope into a jail facility. It should still be considered a felony, and honestly double any time they already have.

California is Fucked...

RitcheyRch, Hullbilly and 500bbc like this.
  20. River Runnin

River Runnin Well-Known Member

They’re all a bunch a fuck’n morons!

21. dribble

They still won’t be able to smoke it. That’s my point. It’s still a violation of prison rules. The guards can confiscate and the prisoner can face administrative discipline such as a loss of privileges, solitary confinement, whatever. The courts have to rule on law. Not rule on how we (or even they) feel. Much like I can get a DUI dismissed on a technicality but DMV can still suspend my license and add points to my driving record. Even our ultra liberal Attorney General fought this. Until the legislature acts, this ruling was legally correct.

22. liquid addiction

liquid addiction Well-Known Member

That is my point to the whole thing. I could care less if they smoke it or shove it up their asses. But How can it be ruled you can have it but you can’t do anything with it. Who comes up with this shit?

23. t&y

t&y Well-Known Member

The retards running this state. And that concludes class for the day kids:D

wsuwrhr and havasujeeper like this.
  24. Andy B.

Andy B. Well-Known Member

I did I said the proposition and law should apply only to law abiding citizens not criminals in jail because to me they are not citizens anymore. I get it I he ruled to the letter of the law but they're not citizens anymore in my eyes!! My comprehension is fine I guess I should have explained myself better I was ranting though so I got a little excited.

25. dribble

Remember this is a state that is trying to give parolees the right to vote. Technically parolees are still prisoners. On a side note 14 other states already let them vote.

Andy B. likes this.