WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is your favorite coffee?

wayniac

Reaction score
Ever since I stopped drinking micro brews, I moved onto small batch coffee. Love kenyan coffee from blue mug and Ace of spades from The mainline coffee. I ditched the keurig pods and only use it for hot water now. I started with the french press, and moved on to the aeropress. It definetly makes the best coffee. You always hear about beans like kopi luwak, but never tried it. Does anyone have a favorite I should look into as far as beans or brew methods. pour overs? flavors? more of less coffee? I found sometimes I even enjoy it not as concentrated, almost like a tea in color, and other times closer to an espresso.

Wayne

ltbaney1

Reaction score
gunship and coffee or die. both from black rifle coffee and both in the aeropress

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Farmer bros. Found in good coffee shops. The wife orders some grounds a few times a year.

Arbuckles. Have to order it.

Most canned coffee is better brewed 'cowboy style'

In-n-out, in a pinch.

Dan'l

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Don’t know if any good. Reading Dave Ellefson from Megadeths book and he has own coffee line. Lives in Scottsdale

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Blind Dog is the best I have ever had. Actually happens to be made in Minden / Gardnerville NV down the road too. The owner is a great guy and blind. He donates a lot of the proceeds to help the blind. So not only good coffee, but a great cause.

Just decent off the shelf is pre-ground Dunkin. Always good and you know what you will get.

Big Chorizo

Reaction score
Real deal Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is the best I have experienced. Its strong yet smooth and requires no cream or sweeteners. Hard to track down without paying a premium for it.

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
I have a Black Rifle subscription...shows up in the mail monthly..never looked back.

HitIt

Reaction score
For everyday coffee, sounds ridiculous but Trader Joe's Cup-of-Joe. It is their basic medium roast but everyone that we recommend it to loves it. Give it a shot. Its like $5. Comes in the can as whole beans. Dump the can into the grinder and grind before you leave.

This stuff, but dont buy it from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Coffee-Arabica-Exceptionally/dp/B00HQ83PZ6

squeezer

Reaction score
Vietnamese Weasel Coffee beans ( The fake ones) in an Italian Moka pot...

Culture clash coffee of sorts that’s amazing!!!

weasel.jpg

Last edited:

manxman

Reaction score
When I can get it, have a buddy that has 5 acres on Kona. He sends me fresh beans every once in a while. Something about how and were they are grown just makes it taste better. If I don't have that I like Better Buzz . They have a few locations all over San Diego. Try The "best drink ever" , you wont be disappointed if you like a sweeter coffee.

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score
Definitely not the shit that Starbucks serves.........I heard about black rifle coffee on the Shapiro show i'll have to try it!

yz450mm

Reaction score
The only coffee I will drink must have a shot or two of Jameson in it...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
When I can get it, have a buddy that has 5 acres on Kona. He sends me fresh beans every once in a while. Something about how and were they are grown just makes it taste better. If I don't have that I like Better Buzz . They have a few locations all over San Diego. Try The "best drink ever" , you wont be disappointed if you like a sweater coffee.

What is sweater coffee? Better buzz is ok, BUT Blue Mug in Esco... sooo freaking good, great place, awesome atmosphere. I highly recommend, or a trip to Hawaii.. :D

BajaMike

Reaction score
It all tastes nasty.....give me a vodka and Red Bull.

Reactions: mjc

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Dunkin' Donuts you grind or pre ground. Just a good cup of coffee.

My favorite is Lavazza Gran Aroma Medium Espresso Roast, but it's too expensive for daily consumption. Used to drink Dunkin Donuts and Timmy Ho's but have switched off that to McCafe Columbian. THe Tim Horton's and DD have a falvor hole in the middle like a donut. The McCafe is a full bodied well rounded blend.

Times Like These

Reaction score
I love a great cup of coffee. The Technivorm Moccamaster makes a great pot. A guy I went to high school with started a coffee business, Olsen House Coffee. Great coffee and reasonable priced.
https://www.olsonhousecoffee.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wayniac

Reaction score
Real deal Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is the best I have experienced. Its strong yet smooth and requires no cream or sweeteners. Hard to track down without paying a premium for it.

looks like this thread is going to cost me some money...

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
The free kind. Doesn’t matter the type of bean, I’ll be doctoring it up with Splenda and coffee mate anyway lol

I’ve drank some pretty nasty coffee from vending machines back in the day. That’s all we had.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...The Cheapest instant coffee that Ralphs Market sells...
...When on the road give me a French Vanilla from whatever fuel station I am buying diesel...
...Signed the cheapskate...:eek:

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
I've been hooked on Cold Brew Coffee. I bought a decanter on Amazon, its super easy it just takes a long time. It seems like it has a lot more caffeine too. This time of year I don't like hot beverages, coffee on ice for my ride to work in the morning is pretty nice.

wayniac

Reaction score
It all tastes nasty.....give me a vodka and Red Bull.

had some friends sponsored by redbull and they would get a pallet every month... We would pick up a few cases every river trip... not sure i could stomach one of those anymore...

...The Cheapest instant coffee that Ralphs Market sells...

...When on the road give me a French Vanilla from whatever fuel station I am buying diesel...

...Signed the cheapskate...
clip_image001.png

Ive tried to go back.. had good reviews on folgers black silk.... just dont like it...

I've been hooked on Cold Brew Coffee. I bought a decanter on Amazon, its super easy it just takes a long time. It seems like it has a lot more caffeine too. This time of year I don't like hot beverages, coffee on ice for my ride to work in the morning is pretty nice.

LOVE cold brew coffee... I use a regular french press, and let it sit in the fridge overnight...

Vietnamese Weasel Coffee beans ( The fake ones) in an Italian Moka pot...

Culture clash coffee of sorts that’s amazing!!!

interested in the moka pot.. is that a percolator? I want one for camping..

What is sweater coffee? Better buzz is ok, BUT Blue Mug in Esco... sooo freaking good, great place, awesome atmosphere. I highly recommend, or a trip to Hawaii.. :D

Blue mug is my absolute favorite coffee shop too... Its a bit out of the way for me but i go when i get a chance... Stephanie is the best...

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Blue mug is my absolute favorite coffee shop too... Its a bit out of the way for me but i go when i get a chance... Stephanie is the best...

OMG!! She's one on my BFF's! Love her!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Ever since I stopped drinking micro brews, I moved onto small batch coffee. Love kenyan coffee from blue mug and Ace of spades from The mainline coffee. I ditched the keurig pods and only use it for hot water now. I started with the french press, and moved on to the aeropress. It definetly makes the best coffee. You always hear about beans like kopi luwak, but never tried it. Does anyone have a favorite I should look into as far as beans or brew methods. pour overs? flavors? more of less coffee? I found sometimes I even enjoy it not as concentrated, almost like a tea in color, and other times closer to an espresso.

Wayne

I use an Aeropress every day as well, in the winter i switch to the Moka Pot or French Press. Personally i've found that because the AeroPress, Moka Pot, or French Press make coffee so strong that using a pour over ends up just being too weak and watery for my liking.

In the winter time i normally make Americano by adding hot water into the cup because of the volume of the AeroPress or Moka pot won't fill it, I brew strong so they are still pretty solid even when they are 1/3 hot water. In the summer time i do Iced coffee in the mornings, The ice dilutes just enough to get the same concentration.

Some of the coffees i found personally to be what i like were Honduran and Costa Rican. My sister brought me some Vietnamese Coffee back from when she was travelling over there, the stuff is phenomenal if you like a rich/buttery/chocolatey flavors. I personally don't like acidic, floral, or fruity profiled coffees. But everyone has their own tastes and it's all highly subjective.

There are so many good coffees out there i found that it's more of a matter of recognizing the types that you definitely DON'T like, so you can avoid those.

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
McCafe, French roast, no bs added. Never thought I’d ask wife to buy mcd’s coffee in a can for the house.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I use an Aeropress every day as well, in the winter i switch to the Moka Pot or French Press. Personally i've found that because the AeroPress, Moka Pot, or French Press make coffee so strong that using a pour over ends up just being too weak and watery for my liking.

In the winter time i normally make Americano by adding hot water into the cup because of the volume of the AeroPress or Moka pot won't fill it, I brew strong so they are still pretty solid even when they are 1/3 hot water. In the summer time i do Iced coffee in the mornings, The ice dilutes just enough to get the same concentration.

Some of the coffees i found personally to be what i like were Honduran and Costa Rican. My sister brought me some Vietnamese Coffee back from when she was travelling over there, the stuff is phenomenal if you like a rich/buttery/chocolatey flavors. I personally don't like acidic, floral, or fruity profiled coffees. But everyone has their own tastes and it's all highly subjective.

There are so many good coffees out there i found that it's more of a matter of recognizing the types that you definitely DON'T like, so you can avoid those.

Can you buy the Vietnamese coffee online somewhere?