WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is your favorite coffee?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
They do. In about 20 different brands!

If you know the one you have, please share. Thanks. :)

I don't remember what the brand was, it was a black bag, and it was already ground.

I think it's a genre all to it's own, so you probably can't go wrong with any of them, maybe spot through the reviews.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
ive been friends with her since high school... when you go in next. tell her Wayne said hello.. :)

I will, and when you go in next, tell her MissB (Queen B) says hello!! :p

Motor Boater

Reaction score
A434375C-541C-437A-B005-ED989E856037.png
There is a local roaster a few miles north of my house. Nice guy owns it and he gets the raw beans and roasts it himself.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Duncan beans if I want to grind ............. if not the very rare Yuban

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Kirkland Espresso Roast - ground extra fine for a latte or espresso shot. When ground medium/fine it makes a good cup of coffee in a #4 cone machine too.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Nespresso pods........Have the Vertuo and Original machines. The coffee is really good

C-2

Reaction score
K cup Starbucks Sumatra at 4:30 a.m. and again at 2:00 p.m.. I hate coffee, but their Sumatra is tolerable, even black.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Peet's or Philz (Philharmonic)...

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
I’m good with just about any brand as long as the coffee is black and the tea is in the harbor.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Seattle’s best black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
@Racey

So i came across this and HAD to try it! LoL

20200216_230018.jpg

With a med/course grind in my French Press, it tastes Very similar to Peet's Dark Roast. Except, it's actually smoother. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd probably trade Peet's in for it. It's amazingly good.

As for the caffeine content, I give it a meh. I didn't notice any difference.

Good stuff. 👍

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
The free kind is my favorite ... we get Starbucks supplied by the company

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...In truth a friend of mine grows coffee in Guatemala ...he sent me a couple of pounds some time ago...it was the most outrageous coffee I have ever tasted in my life ...now I’m trying to figure out how to get him to send me more???...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Screw it may be 3:30 in the afternoon but I think I will have another cup and this one is going to be black that way by the time I get to in N out Burger a little later my hands will be shaking like a leaf :eek:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
@Racey

View attachment 847142

With a med/course grind in my French Press, it tastes Very similar to Peet's Dark Roast. Except, it's actually smoother. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd probably trade Peet's in for it. It's amazingly good.

Good stuff. 👍

Yeah at almost triple the price of a normal bean I've always passed it up. I've been doing Lavazza lately just because of how busy I am, it's great for a preground. Way too fine to run in a French press though, would probably clog a pour over as well. Works awesome in the aeropress.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
...In truth a friend of mine grows coffee in Guatemala ...he sent me a couple of pounds some time ago...it was the most outrageous coffee I have ever tasted in my life ...now I’m trying to figure out how to get him to send me more???...

Keyser Soze can probably get you some...

oldschool

Reaction score
Farmer bros. Found in good coffee shops. The wife orders some grounds a few times a year.

Arbuckles. Have to order it.

Most canned coffee is better brewed 'cowboy style'

In-n-out, in a pinch.

Dan'l
In-n-Out has really good coffee, but most of the time they don’t have any made.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yeah at almost triple the price of a normal bean I've always passed it up. I've been doing Lavazza lately just because of how busy I am, it's great for a preground. Way too fine to run in a French press though, would probably clog a pour over as well. Works awesome in the aeropress.

I'm going to try this one next...

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
@Racey

View attachment 847142

Good stuff. 👍
Try their Vahalla Java blend, good stuff and will make you feel like wrapping yourself in chain-mall, and brandishing a broad sword while riding a wild boar through town.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Try their Vahalla Java blend, good stuff and will make you feel like wrapping yourself in chain-mall, and brandishing a broad sword while riding a wild boar through town.

LoL!

I'm as ADD as they get. Caffeine just slows me down...

I'll check it out though. Thanks!

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I enjoy coffee using my French Press, I've abandon the K-cups in the last year. I think for the money, Dunken Donuts is a really smooth coffee and Target usually has them on sale.

Sleekenuff

Reaction score
Joshua Tree Coffee Company. Small batch roasted coffee. I do the monthly subscription service. There is definitely a difference in smell and taste with a recently roasted bean. You can get whole beans or they will grid to your specific type of brewing.

branier

Reaction score
The hubbie really likes https://longbowroasters.com/ and usually gets the Chiapas blend. When he wants strong cowboy coffee, he gets that from https://arbucklecoffee.com/. Once and awhile we get free Coffee bean coffee from work, and that he has to spice up with a shot of Tuaca to give it some flavor.

I don't drink the stuff, gave coffee up after getting off graveyard shifts in my younger years. Now I just stick to water, tea, an occasional great glass of vino, brunch mimosa or vodka/soda. :cool:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The hubbie really likes https://longbowroasters.com/ and usually gets the Chiapas blend. When he wants strong cowboy coffee, he gets that from https://arbucklecoffee.com/. Once and awhile we get free Coffee bean coffee from work, and that he has to spice up with a shot of Tuaca to give it some flavor.

I don't drink the stuff, gave coffee up after getting off graveyard shifts in my younger years. Now I just stick to water, tea, an occasional great glass of vino, brunch mimosa or vodka/soda. :cool:

Coffee Bean is very mild. Grind the beans to a medium fine setting. It's Way better that way.

👍

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I used to brew Sanka and everyone loved it. "Wow, WTF is this?" Sanka instant really sucked - really bad and it was in C Rations too. Oddly enough Sanka coffee can ground brewed was really tasty.
Then, one day it vanished from grocery shelves. Found some online,, not the same anymore.

Wendy got us hooked on McDonalds in the Keurig and it's good as is Lavazza.
Farmer Bros was better when the old man ran it.

Lavazza K cups on Amazon w/ Prime best price.
images

Last edited:

nameisbond

Reaction score
My brothers best friend is Cuban from Cuba. The friend now lives in the US, but his wife and kids are in Cuba. He goes back several times per year. He brings me back cigars, rum and coffee.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
The first K-cup I grab with an eye half open in the morning. I don't really give a shit what it is so long as it resembles coffee and isn't decaf. The wife mixes it up with different brands/flavors....I don't care....just need coffee

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The first K-cup I grab with an eye half open in the morning. I don't really give a shit what it is so long as it resembles coffee and isn't decaf. The wife mixes it up with different brands/flavors....I don't care....just need coffee
A cup of mud.
thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.png

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
this morning at 2:30 my fire pager goes off.............power pole burning in the middle of nowhere 10 miles up the road..........snow and ice on the road, we get there and have to babysit it for 2 hours till the power company shows..............today I make a command decision... coffee maker is going into my fire engine ASAP

wayniac

Reaction score
@Racey

Good stuff. 👍

Interesting.. its now on the list... as Rajobigguy said, try the valhalla java whole bea. it is really good.

Let us know so we can figure out how to get all of us some.. :)

Aeropress or pourover only for me... I tried a few different types, and the Armonico was the only one i would buy again.

What flavors are good? I only make iced coffee out of my Ninja.

Depending on which you would like, I prefer dark coffee, and smooth. If im looking for flavor, i lean chocolaty rather than fruity.

I really like "Coffee and Hate" and "Murdered Out" from Black Rifle.

If you like lighter coffee.. look at the silencer smooth.. too light for me...

If you have a french press, grind up some coffee and let it sit overnight in your fridge, then press it and mix.. youll love it..

Ive tried a ton of coffees since this original post, and have been happy with a few...

Farmer bros is a good cup of coffee, smooth, and non fancy.

Tim Hortons gets 5 stars reviews, and it wasnt any better than foldgers if you ask me.. very disappointing.

Birdhouse coffee roasters gets fantastic reviews, and i think they are trying to get way too fancy. tried about 4 different kinds and wasnt too impressed.

coffee bean @ tea leaf makes a couple decent brews, i wish i remember what they were.

If your looking for an afternoon or evening coffee, consider coopers. made in barrel casks.. not sure the process, but the first time i tried to grind it in the morning, i gagged the burbon smell was soo strong.

I also still need to buy @MissB a cup of coffee.. Steph said your awesome btw...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I'm doing a small inverter and k cup unit in my fire truck this week!!
We have one
this morning at 2:30 my fire pager goes off.............power pole burning in the middle of nowhere 10 miles up the road..........snow and ice on the road, we get there and have to babysit it for 2 hours till the power company shows..............today I make a command decision... coffee maker is going into my fire engine ASAP

We have two on our main support truck: Good coffee for Bomb Squad on the inside, cheap coffee maker/coffee for
Command Staff on the outside.
I’m putting one in my own truck for calls where we don’t need the support truck
BF92DEBD-B512-442C-A756-FFBF81ED3822.jpeg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I’m going to call my friend right now....the guy who grows coffee in Guatamala and see what I can do about getting some more shipped up ...Oops I just remembered he is currently at his home in Tucson... I will give it a shot anyway???...

Let us know so we can figure out how to get all of us some

...I just talked to my friend the Guatemalan coffee grower... I did not realize but they have about 1000 coffee trees or plants or however that works???...
I got the half hour indoctrination of how the whole process works... he also said that a friend of his in Tucson is very interested in importing the raw beans which after that there’s a whole bunch of processes that they have to go through ...so who knows it may show up in the US soon???...

Last edited: