WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is your lowest?

dspracing

Reaction score
There are few things that are more irritating than a potential buyer responding to your ad and says "what's your lowest?"

What do you want me to say? lowball myself?

Do these idiots not know how to negotiate anymore?

I listed my damn price, if you want to make an offer you are more than welcome to but DO NOT ask me what my lowest is!

Cdog

Reaction score
There are few things that are more irritating than a potential buyer responding to your ad and says "what's your lowest?"

I listed my damn price, if you want to make an offer you are more than welcome to but DO NOT ask me what my lowest is!

Yes,

Whats the highest you'll pay?

Wash, rinse & repeat

Justfishing

Reaction score

When they do that they are trying to set you up to go lower. If you are asking $20k and say 19 then they get there and nit pick and ask if you will take 18

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I always put "Offers only accepted in person" on the ad
i did exactly that when i sold my howard years ago. i still had jackwagons asking whats your venmo ill send you 2500 right now. i just deleted them. another thing my friend did recently when he was selling his skis and trailer was to go buy a prepaid phone and use that number, once everything was sold he just turned it off. another buddy just bought it from him to do the same thing.

sintax

Reaction score
i did exactly that when i sold my howard years ago. i still had jackwagons asking whats your venmo ill send you 2500 right now. i just deleted them. another thing my friend did recently when he was selling his skis and trailer was to go buy a prepaid phone and use that number, once everything was sold he just turned it off. another buddy just bought it from him to do the same thing.

yea, i mean you want weed out the scammers, they're always going to send as many messages as they can, its a numbers game. Think of it like 1:45 am at the bar, you're throwing out all your best lines to all the drunk chicks hoping to snag one who's not paying full attention.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
yea, i mean you want weed out the scammers, they're always going to send as many messages as they can, its a numbers game. Think of it like 1:45 am at the bar, you're throwing out all your best lines to all the drunk chicks hoping to snag one who's not paying full attention.
I always felt bad for both the dudes & gals that wait 'til 2am to lock in a one nighter.......why not just get-r-done at 9pm? Or is it that they both needed beer goggles to make 'em look hot?😂

sintax

Reaction score
I always felt bad for both the dudes & gals that wait 'til 2am to lock in a one nighter.......why not just get-r-done at 9pm? Or is it that they both needed beer goggles to make 'em look hot?😂

i think it comes down to standards, its an exponentially decreasing value as the night progresses.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I don't mind if they ask what my bottom line is, it saves time when I tell them Not much wiggle room and I will take a minimum of xxx so if that is not viable then this item is NOT FOR YOU. That has worked for well over 40 years of buying and selling stuff...I think when you tell them bottom line it weeds out the tire kickers or folks that waste time. JMO.

sintax

Reaction score
I don't mind if they ask what my bottom line is, it saves time when I tell them Not much wiggle room and I will take a minimum of xxx so if that is not viable then this item is NOT FOR YOU. That has worked for well over 40 years of buying and selling stuff...I think when you tell them bottom line it weeds out the tire kickers or folks that waste time. JMO.

I feel like your asking price is obviously a starting point, but going into that, you should be able to extrapolate where the person is on the item.

For someone to ask you "whats the lowest you'll take" is kind of a bullshit move. It takes all the joy out of buying on both sides. I expect someone to beat me down on prices, but do it the right way. Dont just lob shitty ass 30% offers at someone from behind some virtual wall. Its the shit bag, lazy millennial approach to buying.

I will respect someone coming to look at the item, make a fair assessment of the item and start negotiating from there.

Icky

Reaction score
BIL was selling his banshee awhile back, someone messaged him to see if he would take $500 less. I told him, tell him you'll meet him half way and give him a price of $500 more than your asking price🤣

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
in the ad state "no offers will be considered unless in person... dont ask they will be deleted"

tg101eiaura31.jpg

samsah33

Reaction score
Same thing when bidding out a job, gotta love the bidders who ask what your other bids are for...

Icky

Reaction score
Same thing when bidding out a job, gotta love the bidders who ask what your other bids are for...
I would say its nice to know you were xx% percent higher than your competitors or the lowest bid to stay competitive. If someone tells me I'm significantly high, I assume they other guy bidding is high 😁

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I agree with you guys.... I can't recall anything I've sold that started with that sentence, lol..... zero skills.

attitude

Reaction score
In high school I really wanted a GTO and had a budget of 10k, I found a blue on blue M6 clean title 69k mile car listed for 13k. The car was exactly what I wanted so I figured I would give him a call, I asked how low he would go, he said he didn’t want to go much below 10k I bought it for 9.8k a couple days later. Complain all you want but it works…

dribble

Reaction score

I’m not annoyed by that at all. When I’ve had shit for sale, if I get several legit contacts the first day I tell them that and that I’m pretty firm on the price. If after a week or so of advertising and they’re the first legit contact, I’ll throw a figure at them that is not actually my lowest.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I will respect someone coming to look at the item, make a fair assessment of the item and start negotiating from there.
Same here, come and look and ill talk. when i buy, if i cant afford the full ask price i wont make the call. my old man once told me a good deal is when both parties walk away feeling like they won.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Potential buyer------ Is the motorcycle still for sale?

Seller -----Yes, I still have it.

Potential buyer ------- What's the lowest you will go?

Seller----- 2MPH, anything lower and you will fall over.

77charger

Reaction score
IMO nothing wrong asking what’s lowest price seller can just throw a price out buyer can choose or pass.

with that said the part that’s bothersome is if seller gives lowest price and buyer continues playing bargain. I myself have asked for lowest price and bought things but I won’t nag and nag for more.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I think it’s worse when they waste you’re time to come and look at whatever you’re selling, just to try to lowball you by showing you a stack of cash. Whenever I list something for sell, my first priority is to sell it, not show it to 50 people. I usually post with a price a little higher then I want to get for it and in my mind I know my lowest price. If someone emails me and asks my lowest price, I throw out that price I had in my head, they either take it or they don’t. I don’t have time to go back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I reply with a price higher that what was in the ad.

I can’t blame someone asking for a deal.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I might treat a private party with a little more respect, but I'm sure I've said to a dealer, what's your bottom line.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I usually throw out a price about 1/2 of the listing price. Then when they smell blood in the water I never respond again to any of there messages. Some of them just about lose their shit trying to get ahold of me, lol. I'm an asshole what can I say, hahahahaha.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I can process the whats the lowest you will take if I did not list Price is firm. What i cant process is the guys who without seeing it say will you take 16k for an item listed at 26k. I respond, for you ill take 36k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your ad here

Reaction score
Jesus some of you guys are really sensitive. People ask me all the time my lowest price. I have an item for sale right now for $4500. Guy asked my lowest price and responded with $4000. He came back with $3500. Told him $4000 and if things change I'll contact him. I'm playing the waiting game and he may win.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
I do think people seeing things advertised much further away due to internet. They don’t want to waste time traveling if they dont know where you stand on price.

hav19

Big Member
Reaction score
I do think people seeing things advertised much further away due to internet. They don’t want to waste time traveling if they dont know where you stand on price.

This maybe true, however just a couple weeks ago I had a guy trying to beat me up on the price of the trailer I was selling, because he had to drive all the way from SoCal to pick it up in Havasu - we finally settled on a price and he Paypal'd me a deposit to hold for 2 days, the next day he texted and says he really needs to meet at Hwy 40 - I stew for a while but then agree, I will meet him at the Love's parking lot Hwy 95 & Hwy 40 - he now stating he can only drive to Hwy 40, I'm dumb founding stating the parking lot is like 900' from Hwy 40 - turns out he was talking about Hwy 40 in Barstow @ the 15 - He says "he doesn't want to drive all the way to Hwy 95" and then says "I can send his money back" - He got a laughing face and I stated you knew the address long before you made the deal, I will hold the trailer for you till tomorrow evening as we agreed if you show up with the rest of the cash great, if not you forfeit the deposit and I will put it back up for sale, I'm a terrible person according to this guy, well at least I'm not a snowflake!! Side Note: the guy that actually bought the trailer, drove all the way from Idaho in one day to pick it up, then drove back to Needles before hitting a hotel (he was not a snowflake either)

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I sold a motorcycle a while back , 2 people I literally had to push out the door once they said they weren’t interested. They just wanted to talk and talk …

CLdrinker

Reaction score
This maybe true, however just a couple weeks ago I had a guy trying to beat me up on the price of the trailer I was selling, because he had to drive all the way from SoCal to pick it up in Havasu - we finally settled on a price and he Paypal'd me a deposit to hold for 2 days, the next day he texted and says he really needs to meet at Hwy 40 - I stew for a while but then agree, I will meet him at the Love's parking lot Hwy 95 & Hwy 40 - he now stating he can only drive to Hwy 40, I'm dumb founding stating the parking lot is like 900' from Hwy 40 - turns out he was talking about Hwy 40 in Barstow @ the 15 - He says "he doesn't want to drive all the way to Hwy 95" and then says "I can send his money back" - He got a laughing face and I stated you knew the address long before you made the deal, I will hold the trailer for you till tomorrow evening as we agreed if you show up with the rest of the cash great, if not you forfeit the deposit and I will put it back up for sale, I'm a terrible person according to this guy, well at least I'm not a snowflake!! Side Note: the guy that actually bought the trailer, drove all the way from Idaho in one day to pick it up, then drove back to Needles before hitting a hotel (he was not a snowflake either)
Good for you. They always make a deal and then try to wittle you down.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Reply with, "Yes, it is still for sale. Would you like to come check it out?"

People are stupid and getting stupider. It isn't their fault.
Exactly my only response.

Eventually a real buyer shows up and pays cash, always the first one to actually come look, buys.

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
in the ad state "no offers will be considered unless in person... dont ask they will be deleted"

tg101eiaura31.jpg

I figure you found this on the internet but the building is from my home town. Burlington Vermont

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
What the heck? Some people’s children, lol 👶. Why would you hand over a deposit and then try to pull that bullshit and lose all your money. It’s not like Havasu is that far of a drive, lol. I do it 3X a month just because. Hope it was a huge deposit he donated to you !!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I don't mess around when I want to sell something... I feel I price things fairly and typically the first guy to show up is the last. money talks and bullshit doesn't even show up.

grumpy88

Reaction score
My friend flew to michigan to buy a 7.3 excursion . After he got there he tried to offer less then agreed . The guy told him good luck with the flight home ! He paid the agreed amount ! Haha . Some people. I agree with show up in person and lets talk money .

K-DOG

Reaction score
My friend flew to michigan to buy a 7.3 excursion . After he got there he tried to offer less then agreed . The guy told him good luck with the flight home ! He paid the agreed amount ! Haha . Some people. I agree with show up in person and lets talk money .
Happens to me all the time and I rarely budge $1 if they come from far away. The farther someone comes for what you are selling, the less flexible you should be on price. They wouldn’t of come all that way unless they were willing to pay full price.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time and I rarely budge $1 if they come from far away. The farther someone comes for what you are selling, the less flexible you should be on price. They wouldn’t of come all that way unless they were willing to pay full price.
My buddy needed the life lesson !

81Sprint

Reaction score
I had 6 take off tires from my dually on offerup for $600, guy wanted them bad offered me 500, I said I'll meet ya in the middle 550. He said ok, I'm in kingman can be in Vegas in 2 hours, I told him to come pick them up. Called before he left to confirm, twice. He shows up with a couple of his shady looking buddies in a nice Denali dually, and 500 bucks. I told you 550, he starts goin on about gas money to Vegas. I said have a nice drive back to Kingman, he had to borrow 50 bucks from his buddies. Guess he thought i would be intimidated, wrong.

hallett21

Reaction score
I sold a motorcycle a while back , 2 people I literally had to push out the door once they said they weren’t interested. They just wanted to talk and talk …

I can never understand people telling me what they are going to do with the item I’m selling.

I don’t care.... just pay me and move along lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
My typical response would be something like this...

Well I'm asking 5k but if you can come by now I'd let it go for 4,500. I have three people coming by this weekend for it at full price.