WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is your opinion on this boat, good buy?

Icky

Reaction score
When I bought my 99 a few years ago, the surveyor warned me it had water damage in the transom. ( knocked on it with a plastic hammer from inside the engine compartment) I ignored him. Long story short, I ended up having to pull the engine and have the transom replaced.

Not saying this one has the same issue it's just something to look for.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Looks like a runner!! Go pull the trigger! As far as your storage dilema....store it in Havasu-Local lakes around us suck and arent worth the hassle.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Looks worth going to check out in person.
You should get a survey done if you’re
serious.
If the owner is down you could maybe greese his Palm a little and drag it to Mira Loma, and have Kenny and that guys that built it give it a once over.

If there is something not right they can ballpark making it right, and negotiate the price of the boat from there.

It might be worth a few hundred bucks to not have a basket case on your hands if it is.
It’s also worth a few hundred bucks to ensure your getting a gem of it is.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Looks great! And it has a triple axle trailer and it's a "turn key boat starts every time"

00Z0Z_jAABfPduetx_1200x900.jpg

bigdawgmini

Reaction score
Saw the boat a couple of weeks go in Havasu...Did not know it was for sale did BS the owner and took a quick look around it as he did mine..looked clean and he did say it was dependable...

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I agree with gelcoater. For the purchase price, although more than fair, I would want a survey done. In addition to that, this thing also has a custom motor in it. It appears to be very well built buy the pictures but I always approach them very cautiously. I ordinarily only recommend a compression test and plug read on a motor, but with this one I'd recommend opting for a leak down test as well.

It is a gorgeous boat though

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It’s below market price by 10k or so which is odd, I’m always skeptical of deals that seem to good to be true, needs to be looked over to see if there is a “catch” on why it’s only $38k.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
He has lowered the price a lot in less than 2 months. Started at 45k. Have a buddy looking for a 25 but seems to be too good of a deal. Who knows

braindead

Reaction score
It’s below market price by 10k or so which is odd, I’m always skeptical of deals that seem to good to be true, needs to be looked over to see if there is a “catch” on why it’s only $38k.

So it's priced correctly for an overinflated market at the end of the season by someone who might need the cash or just needs to get rid of it

Did the same thing when I sold my truck, it was underpriced for what it was and how clean it was but it sold within a week to the first guy to come and see it

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
IMO that's where the market is or at least headed. My buddy picked up an 03 today with a 496HO on a triple axle trailer for 36k. I haven't seen it, but he says it's in pretty good shape.
28701.jpeg

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
So, I went out today to look at the boat, the guy was super cool. Overall, I think the boat is in average condition. The black on the hull is covering yellow/purple hockey stick graphics. The gel really isn't that glossy, more of a dull, flat,white gel. I've never been in a 25 Daytona, but I really like them a lot, bigger than I thought they would be. Interior is just ok. I was surprised to see that the bottom of the sponsons were in excellent shape. He ran the engine and it sounds very healthy to me. The engine is really nice and clean, much cleaner than the rest of the boat. There are 450 hours on the hull and says the engine was gone through a couple hundred hours ago. I saw a video on his instagram acct of it running hard in Havasu in August. He says it runs upper 80's. He says that there are zero problems with the engine and it's always been reliable. The Bravo drive was really clean with drive shower. The trailer needs some help, there are rust spots here and there. And the trailer has no real way to adapt a swing out tongue to fit my 29' RV access on the side of my house. I think it's priced appropriately. But I think I'm gonna pass on this one and wait to see what the winter brings to used boat prices and maybe find something more polished. Thanks for everyone for the comments.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
What year is it? Its left hand drive (I'm not nautical enough for port/starboard) which makes me think its older than it looks.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I was guessing late 90s. It also looks to be single step from the one picture. Is it in fact a 1 step hull?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
In the 90’s the steering side was a build option for the buyer, looks like a two step. When a trailer is hammered it always bothers me, not sure why some people don’t think keeping a trailer up along with the boat is important.