WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What kind of toy hauler should I get?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a toy hauler and do not know a whole lot about them. I've been told that santek and weekend warrior are nice, but know nothing else about other brands.
I'm wanting something that I can use to move around a couple utvs or take my '68 camaro or '55 chevy to a car show. So I'm guessing that I will need at least 16-17ft of garage space.

I will be towing the trailer with a 2011 ford power stroke 4x4 and I've been told that '37ft will be about the max size my truck will pull.

Anyone else have experience pulling a trailer like this? Are there certain models that are better for what I'm looking to do?
What size truck and trailer do you have? Is 37ft too much for my truck?
Thanks for the help

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Do you want a toy hauler, that's more like an RV?

Or a trailer that's more like a basic box on wheels?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Santek IS the best, but they are no longer in business (by that name).

The son runs it now and changed the name. You cant buy a better quality trailer.

WW is junk for any heavy duty use. Yes, I have one. I would not recomend one to anyone.

I think this might be who Santek is now....

http://cvnmotorsports.com/

vee-driven

Reaction score
I love my weekend warrior but then im not putting a camaro or 55 chevy in it. I guess everyone missed the memo that WW's are junk, but sandtecs look like shit.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I love my weekend warrior but then im not putting a camaro or 55 chevy in it. I guess everyone missed the memo that WW's are junk, but sandtecs look like shit.

They are definatly not very stylish!

BajaMike

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a toy hauler and do not know a whole lot about them. I've been told that santek and weekend warrior are nice, but know nothing else about other brands.
I'm wanting something that I can use to move around a couple utvs or take my '68 camaro or '55 chevy to a car show. So I'm guessing that I will need at least 16-17ft of garage space.

I will be towing the trailer with a 2011 ford power stroke 4x4 and I've been told that '37ft will be about the max size my truck will pull.

Anyone else have experience pulling a trailer like this? Are there certain models that are better for what I'm looking to do?
What size truck and trailer do you have? Is 37ft too much for my truck?
Thanks for the help

What model Ford truck do you have (2/3 ton, 1 ton, dually, etc)? Do you know the tow rating?

Where in Texas are you?

Ok, enough questions......:blah::blah::blah:

I think for a heavy load like that you would want more of a commercial trailer than a Weekend Warrior type of rig.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Do you need a covered trailer? It adds a log of weight.

These are nice car trailers:

Trailer.jpg

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I already have a flat deck open car hauler....I was hoping to get something to camp in and also be able to move a car around for trips.
My truck is a 2011 f-250 single rear wheel 4x4 diesel.
I'm pretty sure the max towing rating for it on fords website is 16,000lbs.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Anyone have a forest river?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
All of the Sandtech's I have seen were top notch built.They also had a top notch price tag,is it worth the price to you? only you you know.

We has a 26' Attitude FSAC that we enjoyed a ton. Fairly well built,ok price,never had any issues other than me clipping a wall with it once:D

We had a Queen front sleeper,two rear queen bunks in back on an electric winch,so they could be lifted up out of the way to load,the dinnet folded out to a twin+ and the couch folded out to a twin also. Do the math on how many people we could sleep in that thing.

Towed with a 1 ton Ram dually 4x4 and my Ford 1 ton before the Ram it towed great and was never up against the GVR of the trucks,the idea of doing that scares the crap outa me.

Iman

Reaction score
Santek is now CNC Trailers. Very good units. I have had a few of their units and they are not much more then the other junk out there.

Sent from my iPhone

NdaWind

Reaction score
Knowing what I know now I would definately get a smaller toy hauler well under the limits off the tow vehivle for the utv and get a separate car trailer for the cars

Fury25

Reaction score
I have a 37sp fifth wheel (about 40ft front to rear) sierra built by forest river. It's the one with the garage in the back. It has slides and is more like a rv than a toyhauler. it weighs about 12000 unloaded (I've put about 5000 lbs in it on top of the dry weight) and I tow it with a f350 single real wheel and it works just fine. The one thing I don't like about is the garage is only 11 ft long. When I upgrade it will be a pusher and a enclosed trailer. I have a friend that would put a drag car in his toyhauler and after doing it for a year sold it and bought a rv.