WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What kind of watch do you all wear?

d4l

Reaction score
If you do wear one, everyday or on occasion.

Today I have a Nixon 42-20 Chrono. Nothing extra ordinary. But I always liked watches and would like to one day own a nicer one.

Friend just got a new one, and asked if I was intrested in his old watch. Its a Brietling Superocean Daydate. Really like the modell and it looks great. At the same time its alot of money, money that could for example take me to another Desert Storm[emoji51]

Whats your take on watches?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
IMG_0003.jpg

Rolex submariner. Wear it every day, with how valuable it’s becoming I have considered getting another watch to wear every day. It was $4k watch when I bought it 15 years ago. It’s gained a lot of value since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
My favorite all around watch is my citizen eco drive chrono. Not that I wear them often. I also have a couple nice skeleton watches I like wearing on occasion as well.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
I am a watch guy for sure. My daily is a choice between 3 different G-Shock GA-100 Military’s. I have 8 different Invicta’s that I wear randomly, and a nice Nixon Player XL diamond watch. One of my main dress watches is my Bulova. For now... might be looking into a Submariner here real soon.

Reactions: d4l

KevinR

Reaction score
Apple for every day. I have three top end watches I have got as gifts over the years but rarely wear them. Special events only.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Apple Watch

LuauLounge

Reaction score
25 years ago, I bought $200 watches and they were toast a year later. Bought a two tone Rolex datejust that I wear every day, I don’t take it off unless I’m welding or grinding. Looks as good as it did 22 years ago. New price has doubled, used is about what I paid for it.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
View attachment 752386

Rolex submariner. Wear it every day, with how valuable it’s becoming I have considered getting another watch to wear every day. It was $4k watch when I bought it 15 years ago. It’s gained a lot of value since then.

Same one i wear everyday, i didn't realize they had gone up in value

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
When I wear - I usually go with the Rolly Batman, also have Breitling Bentley that rarely gets worn. I may end up trading that towards another Rolex. So my sons each get one when I’m ashes, lol
Note: if I’m randomly lit on fire, show this thread to authorities o_O
72CC37ED-AA2B-436B-810A-DF680E03E9C3.jpeg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
The kind that works.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Cdog

Reaction score
I have a Tag Monaco & a Tag Chrono. Would like a Rolex Daytona some day.

With racing, cars, boating and firearms as hobbies Id rather spend time than buy another watch.

My next watch.

2C6A887A-15E6-40E2-878D-28B86FB77AC1.jpeg

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
I dig a good watch! I have quite a few but my two favorites are a Nixon Swiss ceramic player and a Rolex date just. I wear the crap out of both.

d4l

Reaction score
So many nice watches[emoji7]

I also like the variation of ”hard work friendly” modells. Thats something I’v been looking into aswell, I want to get away from having to pick up my phone everytime I want to know the time.

Told my GF the other day that if she was out of ideas for my 35th birthday, this Breitling looks very nice lol
Figured a rolex was a bit too much[emoji85][emoji13]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I only own two watches. One is a kind of bling gold thing my Pops got for his retirement from his buddies. The other is a silver pocket watch that was my great grandfather's. Never worn either. If my wedding band could take a finger, I'd hate to see what a watch could do:eek:

There are times I'd like to have a watch on. Usually those same times I don't think I could. Weld splatter will kill most cheap ones quick, and a metal band type I think would have to come off while tig welding.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Same one i wear everyday, i didn't realize they had gone up in value

I didn’t either until I had to do some stuff with insurance and have it appraised. The older subs have gone up considerably. Especially this model. [emoji2371]

j-bone

Reaction score
Omega Seamaster Chronograph. It's been my everyday watch for over 12 yrs.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
My daily is a two tone blue face sumariner dress up is two tone white face with sapphires and diamonds also a submariner Rolex

McKay

Reaction score
When I wear - I usually go with the Rolly Batman, also have Breitling Bentley that rarely gets worn. I may end up trading that towards another Rolex. So my sons each get one when I’m ashes, lol
Note: if I’m randomly lit on fire, show this thread to authorities o_O View attachment 752428

I have a Batman as well for a few years now. Mostly my travel watch. Anyway I just seen that Rolex recently discontinued them after just making them a few years? People are asking 14-15k for them. That’s nuts. I bought mine for 8.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I have a Batman as well for a few years now. Mostly my travel watch. Anyway I just seen that Rolex recently discontinued them after just making them a few years? People are asking 14-15k for them. That’s nuts. I bought mine for 8.

I think there closer to 17k right now if you can find one. Great looking watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I really do want one of these. But I don’t see myself having the funds anytime soon.

IMG_3349.jpg

Have always liked this one as well and want to have one some day.

IMG_3350.jpg

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Funny this thread popped up as I have been looking to get a nice watch myself and have been doing a lot of reading lately.

Rolex seems to increase in value but used submariners are starting at like 7k. Can't go wrong with any of these watches. The Daytona's are sweet.

Tag's seem more affordable for a swiss company and they offer their watches in both quartz and automatic movements so you can get a nicer looking watch for less money if its a quartz model (used automatic aqua racer can be had around 1.5k used).

Tudor is a sister company of Rolex and makes models that look very similar to the Rolex flagship lines and start around 2-3k used.

Oris is another swiss made watch company that is supposed to be an "every man's watch." They have great value but not the name recognition even though they have been around since 1904. 1.5k for a submariner looking oris with a swiss automatic movement.

The rest of the swiss companies are big bucks. Patekke, IWC, Omega, Breitling, etc.

I've read Seiko makes a good automatic that can be had for decent dough as well.

Last edited:

McKay

Reaction score
I really do want one of these. But I don’t see myself having the funds anytime soon.

View attachment 752473

Have always liked this one as well and want to have one some day.

View attachment 752474

I wore a Deep Sea for a couple years as my daily watch. Got tired of it. It is a really thick watch. Was tough with many of my jackets to get over it. Especially a lot of my hunting jackets. Now you green sub they are MUCH more wearable. I wear a gold sub often. Perfect size in my opinion.

j21black

Reaction score
View attachment 752386

This is the one I have been eyeing for years.

Wish my TAG would go ahead and break!

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
I wear a Citizen Eco-Drive Chrono, it is my third one.
I love it, they seem to last about 6 or 7 years and then they are pretty beat up , but still working after that.

mobldj

Reaction score
those big watches are gay,do they match your pager