WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What made you smile this week?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I know that beach.:cool:
I snuck my 30' Magic up on there few times dropping & grabbing some folks. Tight squeeze... sober only move.
My parents took me to that beach in the early 60s as a tyke multiple times.👍 Screenshot_20201223-092526_Earth.jpg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
My parents took me to that beach in the early 60s as a tyke multiple times.👍 View attachment 954533
There used to be a spot just passed the American Legion you'd recall.... wide beach head that I believe had mobile homes in the 90s.... I recall the sweet go fasts boats up on that beach chilling. Always enjoyed that look.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
There used to be a spot just passed the American Legion you'd recall.... wide beach head that I believe had mobile homes in the 90s.... I recall the sweet go fasts boats up on that beach chilling. Always enjoyed that look.
Wasn't aware of the Legion Hall back then but I do kinda vaguely recall seeing a sign a while ago when I drove by.
We moved from Buena Park when I was 7(latter 60s). Didn't go to the area til I got my DL and more interested in LAM activities. Me and my buddies making spectacles of ourselves getting our lowered cars on/off the ferry, Adios Mothers and bicycles on the boardwalk, faceplanting the sand trying to catch a Wedge wave.....typical testosterone fueled idiocy🤣🤣🤣
I'm sure I could find pics of the beach if I felt like digging through dads old slides.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Being able the give my daughter and SIL and 2 grand kids killer Christmas 👍😎 View attachment 954173
Well they are happy 👍😎the wifey went and bought 2 zip up school folders for the kids 16/17 a tool box for SIL and a jewelry box for Rikki so they thought we got them bullshit gifts and only 1 each 👍 then stuffed them with cash 🥳 we made them face time us while they opened the presents they shit when they saw what was in them , it was only 5K , thank the good Lord he has blessed us that we could do it . 😎 now they can get what they want before Christmas.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score

The mobile homes were classic, have a few friends that grew up there. My kids and I use Marina Park all the time. Used to play B-Ball all the time at the court there- We named it "thunderdome" everything is fair unless it goes on the sidewalk. A few fights among friends have ensued over the years. There were beers involved🤛🤜. I have the sign and the hoop from the old court. Told the Foreman to save them for me when they scraped the Mobiles.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Yes they have we do both sides paddleboard in the harbor and barrels at point🤙
Yup... I've got friends raising young cubs on that block and now that they've hit 13 I noticed the bayside really wasn't cool this past summer. Boys & girls they've all done the Jr Guards programs but the moms still fret about them a bit out of site. Most of the dads are surfers so they'll go over with them. Quite the life for kids.... can't wait to see where they go to college. Most kids stay in Southwest .... I'm an east coast guy but married a beach gal here.... kids did college in CA & AZ and returned to LA/ OC [of course]

Reactions: TPC

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
The mobile homes were classic, have a few friends that grew up there. My kids and I use Marina Park all the time. Used to play B-Ball all the time at the court there- We named it "thunderdome" everything is fair unless it goes on the sidewalk. A few fights among friends have ensued over the years. There were beers involved🤛🤜. I have the sign and the hoop from the old court. Told the Foreman to save them for me when they scraped the Mobiles.
Did you ever catch those trailers down in North Laguna at El Morro? That was the shit.... I actually met John Waynes widow, "Pilar" painting one day on the sand maybe '90-'93.... she kept a trailer on the sand. Classy gal. Trailer parks on the Cali coast.... the good ole days.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was in line at the grocery store. The girl (mid 30's) in front of me had a cart full of stuff that looked like she was feeding young kids. She was about $10 short on the total. As I reached into my pocket to grab a 10 the checker used her own debit card and ran the short through. Yes there are good people in this world. I thanked the checker when she was done with my order and "tipped" her 10.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
There was a giant pile of homeless trash someone left on a 'Greenbelt' near my house . . . it had been there just over a day, and the stupid city hadn't picked it up . . . crows were starting to get into it . . . . So i said "Fuck-It" and pulled over and picked it all up and threw it in th bed of my truck . . . while i was doing that, my buddy's wife pulls up and asks if I need help . . . "Nah, I'm good", she splits off to work . . . a few minutes later her husband calls and says "Cruise by" . . . So I do, he's a commercial fisherman and He greets me at the curb with some fresh lobster tails, a pile of crab, a bunch of fresh caught shrimp and bowl of home made Cioppino ! Score. Merry Christmas !

Last edited:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Yesterday I was in line at the grocery store. The girl (mid 30's) in front of me had a cart full of stuff that looked like she was feeding young kids. She was about $10 short on the total. As I reached into my pocket to grab a 10 the checker used her own debit card and ran the short through. Yes there are good people in this world. I thanked the checker when she was done with my order and "tipped" her 10.
Way to pay it forward ole sport. Classy touch.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I got a chance to see my mom today who lives with my sister, she is 86 and very frail. My sister does a great job of taking care of her. They dropped off gifts and I talked to her from the driveway. That made me smile in a big way.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Going through the photos on my phone the other day

Been the most stressful year working with and dealing with covid, as well as both my wife (who was 5 months pregnant at the time) and myself getting covid In July. But this has been our most successful year yet. Remodeled house, worked a shitload of OT, never missed a check during the pandemic, baby Jason born healthy WHILE my wife still tested positive for covid (and we were quarantined in the hospital) I hope 2021 goes like 2020 minus the Kung flu!

Baby Jason and his brother Dylan
20201209_190819.jpg

New river runner / wife's new ride
20201220_103916.jpg

Selling some toys and buying a river pad
20200725_145929.jpg

And the wife!
20201114_082412.jpg

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Twice this week people ahead of me in the drive up window line at Starbucks paid for my coffee.
This morning I tipped the two girls working there deluxe.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wasn't aware of the Legion Hall back then,,,,,,
Dick Hug Huggie Boy Legion Hall Radio Advertising went:
"No Levis or Capris please!" - "Be there or be Square!"

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
There's a series on Amazon named "Wayne" and holy crap, it's out there and cracks me up whenever I watch it.
Home on covid protocol and binged right through it.

Reactions: C-2

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Did you ever catch those trailers down in North Laguna at El Morro? That was the shit.... I actually met John Waynes widow, "Pilar" painting one day on the sand maybe '90-'93.... she kept a trailer on the sand. Classy gal. Trailer parks on the Cali coast.... the good ole days.

I had some friends that lived on the HILL at El Morro,those beach front spots were legendary Lethal weapon status- I have broken quite a few board at Morro on those Southies

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
The fact that Texans can't add. In California, 18+10=28. But in Texas it =33. Oh well, more paid time off for me. Now I know why Texas is 43rd in education. Perhaps if they'd spend less time on Texas history and more time on math and science, they'd catch up. FFS. Work shit, don't bother trying to figure it out.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
The fact that Texans can't add. In California, 18+10=28. But in Texas it =33. Oh well, more paid time off for me. Now I know why Texas is 43rd in education. Perhaps if they'd spend less time on Texas history and more time on math and science, they'd catch up. FFS. Work shit, don't bother trying to figure it out.
Its not the history. Its the football

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wife rolls in from work each morning with a punch list of errands for me to run and a fresh mask to do it with:
196DEF84-194F-4D87-8C46-CC7E14751B08.jpeg

nameisbond

Reaction score
Bella passed her puppy obedience last Wed. That made me smile. Surprised she did well, didn't do the homework before class. She picks up things fast, so we got through it.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Got back to STL last night at 11. Was in Florida for the past 2 weeks spending the holidays with my parents and for my dads 66th birthday. Loved and enjoyed every minute of it. Makes me so happy to see him happy and finally slow down a little bit and get to enjoy his life

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Every neighborhood has a quiet couple. They keep a low profile, barely make contact with neighbors, kind'a semi-mysterious at times.
Once in a long while the couple across from us that fits that description will strike up a conversation with me. It's usually about one of our animals.

Neighbors call them Jack Black and Phoebe Cates. That's who they resemble.

They had seemed so gloomy for the past year in the brief glimpses I caught of them.

Then they were happy and said hello while walking back from the community mail boxes. In a brief chat I found out not only they've been struggling to find employment, they were about to lose their really nice home. The bank contacted them just that day, blindsided them and cut their monthly mortgage payment by 2/3, and reset their past behind debt to zero. He had finally found decent paying employment too.

I'm still smiling.

I was sitting at the Carthay Circle bar before the Covid talking to Jennifer the bartender. Who should walk in and sit next to me? The real Jack Black.

Even though he believes the right people hadn't tried communism yet and the US would be a fitting place for it, he was a doppelganger dead ringer for my neighbor and it had me smiling.

old rigger

Reaction score
My 3 year old grandson is crazy about excavators and Buzz Lightyear. Any kind of construction or tree trimming going on in the neighborhood he'll sit and watch all day. We got him a little excavator and wheelbarrow for Christmas and my DIL sent us this pic the other day with the heading
'Buzz at work'.
IMG_8046.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My 3 year old grandson is crazy about excavators and Buzz Lightyear. Any kind of construction or tree trimming going on in the neighborhood he'll sit and watch all day. We got him a little excavator and wheelbarrow for Christmas and my DIL sent us this pic the other day with the heading
'Buzz at work'.
View attachment 958202
When I was that age Ida loved doing that. Still would.