WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What manufacture 24-26 v haul open bow?

fishingkid

Reaction score
I am in the market for a 24-26 ft v haul open bow walk thru with mid cabin.Mercury Inboard outboard family boat. I am looking for a slightly used to new boat. My question is what manufacturers should I be looking at? They all look similar what sets them apart from each other? I have been in a ultra 24 stealthon the lake. I recently walked thru a 25 shockwave tremmer other than that I have not been in other manufactures in this size and setup. I see ultra, shockwave, Essex, cobra, eliminator, caliber 1 and I’m sure a few more out there that I’m missing? I am not trying to bash any manufactures just looking for some advice before making a purchase. Thank you for the help.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I would say you need to post your budget, with a budget listed you may see a big difference in recommendations.

Hammer

Reaction score
A new Hallett. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishingkid

Reaction score
still in the process of researching my finance options. I have around 30000 cash with excellent credit willing to spend up to 45000 used and possibly higher new.

Riley1

Reaction score
Throw the beautiful Laveycraft into the mix.
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/24-laveycraft-nuera-496ho.120422/

While I am no expert, I have heard nothing but good things about Laveycrafts build quality.
I called Chris (owner) before making my purchase. He told me how it was one of his favorite models in the lineup to drive and I can see why. The boat is a blast to drive. Can handle pretty big water and still easily half ton (or X5) towable

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
45k for used is a tight budget without going 8-10 years old, and new will be more along the lines of 85++++

ltzcrew

Reaction score
their was a 99 lavey 24 MCOB posted on a Facebook forum a while back. had blue power, high hours tho but was price very well and could easy have the top end done and still be in budget .looked well equipped, even had the bow door. it was pretty close to one of my dream boats. i got a 25 tremor and love it, nice and wide love the head room in the cabin, my partner is over 6' tall and can sit down their with out head injury

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
their was a 99 lavey 24 MCOB posted on a Facebook forum a while back. had blue power, high hours tho but was price very well and could easy have the top end done and still be in budget .looked well equipped, even had the bow door. it was pretty close to one of my dream boats. i got a 25 tremor and love it, nice and wide love the head room in the cabin, my partner is over 6' tall and can sit down their with out head injury

45 used will be hard for that size boat. You can do it but it’ll be an older boat for sure. Look hard at the Tremors. We are selling ours (2015) but it’s quite a bit out of your range. You can find some from the 2008 range for 45 though. We absolutely love the Tremor.

IMG_1893.JPG

ltzcrew

Reaction score
found a few tremors, eagles, rages on boat trader in your range.
what are you looking for? i dunno much but did spend a few years reading every thing i could about most fast boats in the 25-28 range before getting the tremor

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/2000-hallett-240-wtob.175965/

Does not have mid cabin but VERY nice boat. I have same model and I have a wife and 4 kids, occasionally want the cabin but enjoy the extra open space more often than wanting the cabin. Regularly have 5 adults and 8 kids in our boat and have no problems with room.

I could sell you mine but it doesn't have Merc power, it has a Brummett TT so I'm sure you wouldn't be interested.....:)

Last edited:

tkrrox

Reaction score
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/2000-hallett-240-wtob.175965/

Does not have mid cabin but VERY nice boat. I have same model and I have a wife and 4 kids, occasionally want the cabin but enjoy the extra open space more often than wanting the cabin. Regularly have 5 adults and 8 kids in our boat and have no problems with room.

I could sell you mine but it doesn't have Merc power, it has a Brummett TT so I'm sure you wouldn't be interested.....:)

I’ll buy it[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albert

Reaction score
I have had my Lavey for 10 years since new, no issues great boat with great value . I think it also depends on how long you keep boats. Also consider the taxes if ca vs az not sure where you live . On the engines with the 496 ask about the water pump , I replaced mine with the SS from Hardin Marine, these seem to be a weak point on these engines at least my experience. Go as big as you can on power , you will crave more of it for sure! Good luck to you!

CobraDave

Reaction score
45 used will be hard for that size boat. You can do it but it’ll be an older boat for sure. Look hard at the Tremors. We are selling ours (2015) but it’s quite a bit out of your range. You can find some from the 2008 range for 45 though. We absolutely love the Tremor.

View attachment 626935

Is there a listing? How much for it?

Albert

Reaction score
Actually I beleive its sold already jist waiting for paper formalities , its on lavey website

71Cuda

Reaction score
Actually I beleive its sold already jist waiting for paper formalities , its on lavey website
I actually inquired about this boat and Chris said it was sold. Its a sweet ride!

71Cuda

Reaction score

View attachment 626935
What are you asking for it? Is it a MCOB or walk through?

71Cuda

Reaction score
Walk through. Took it off the market for a bit.
Ok, sorry to hear that. I'm looking for a walk through. I'm coming out there the 27th and 28th this month to check out the Tremors and hopefully a Lavecraft nuera 24. How do you like the boat? We don't really get west coast custom boats in NY.

Last edited: