WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What, No Olympics Thread? Let Me Start One...

outboardrick

Reaction score
First, I'd like to say how much better the commercials are than the Super Bowl. I watched the Opening Ceremonies and thought how cool it was to see the small countries athletes enthusiasm, as well as most others. One guy cried as he entered the arena, it made me tear up as well. :thumbsup

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Personally what with all the new funky events that are introduced every year and all the disease and crime surrounding Rio I'm not interested in the least.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
How can they be summer Olympics when it is winter down there

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Personally what with all the new funky events that are introduced every year and all the disease and crime surrounding Rio I'm not interested in the least.
What new funky events. ?

outboardrick

Reaction score
Well, it's as best as can be expected in a ghetto. But I still enjoy it :thumbsup

Yellowboat

Reaction score
honestly with what I have witnessed 1st hand and the stores I have heard about the USOC I would strongly advise any parent to keep their kids way the fuck away from that place. they are the biggest joke out there. just look into safe sport ( their anti sex abuse program) that does back ground checks, but only on info you provide. its the biggest fucking joke in sports.

PS yes I was the reporting witness of one of their coaches sexual abuse of a minor that he was living with .. he got out and 2 weeks later they sent him to a youth training camp in Europe. they said what he was doing ok was because he was the mens coach and she was on the womens team.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
X2 over 500 Americans representing the country and some people don't give a shit. :rolleyes

trust me, you really don't want to know what goes on at the USOC... lets just say ncaa basketball graduates more athletes then the USOC does.( if your training there you go for free)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
trust me, you really don't want to know what goes on at the USOC... lets just say ncaa basketball graduates more athletes then the USOC does.( if your training there you go for free)
Trust me. I don't give a shit what happens in the USOC. I support our athletes. Not the USOC. :thumbsup

outboardrick

Reaction score

Hey Yellowboat, How about you just go troll somewhere else? This is about positive things!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
honestly with what I have witnessed 1st hand and the stores I have heard about the USOC I would strongly advise any parent to keep their kids way the fuck away from that place. they are the biggest joke out there. just look into safe sport ( their anti sex abuse program) that does back ground checks, but only on info you provide. its the biggest fucking joke in sports.

PS yes I was the reporting witness of one of their coaches sexual abuse of a minor that he was living with .. he got out and 2 weeks later they sent him to a youth training camp in Europe. they said what he was doing ok was because he was the mens coach and she was on the womens team.

Someone is off his meds tonight. Hop in the Lexuit and hit a CVS.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Lol.......good Ole YB got more negatives than Algebra. :D

there is nothing positive about the usoc. I really wish it was otherwise, but its not.

they tipically run 2-3 years behind promised rembursements. funny thing is it takes about 100k worth in travel to qualify for the Olympics of which the usoc pays for zero unless you already qualified.

what I am saying is you want to help our athletes, donate directly too them and keep the money out of the hands of any national group. they are all pretty much joke.

its not just me that thinks very poorly of the usoc, ask any athlete or coach. they will all tell you the same thing, they hurt 1000x more then they help. just look so far about the headlines from this oylmpics where gymnastics straight up hid sexual abuse of minors. I would just a catholic preist with a kid before anyone from the usoc.

you also should care what goes on at the USOC since many of said athletes train there.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Hey Yellowboat, How about you just go troll somewhere else? This is about positive things!

sadly its not a troll, ask any athlete what they have to say about the oylmpics. you might not like what you hear.

don't beleave me take it straight from the horses mouth... here is our 1st ever judo gold metalist...

http://kaylaharrison.com/

read all about her bio and what happened to her.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
there is nothing positive about the usoc. I really wish it was otherwise, but its not.

they tipically run 2-3 years behind promised rembursements. funny thing is it takes about 100k worth in travel to qualify for the Olympics of which the usoc pays for zero unless you already qualified.

what I am saying is you want to help our athletes, donate directly too them and keep the money out of the hands of any national group. they are all pretty much joke.

its not just me that thinks very poorly of the usoc, ask any athlete or coach. they will all tell you the same thing, they hurt 1000x more then they help. just look so far about the headlines from this oylmpics where gymnastics straight up hid sexual abuse of minors. I would just a catholic preist with a kid before anyone from the usoc.

you also should care what goes on at the USOC since many of said athletes train there.
Why do you keep bringing up the USOC. This thread is about the athletes.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Golf for starters. Gathered women's rugby was an event this year.
Seems like they're dumbing down...
Golf has been a Olympic sport in the past. They add and take away different sports every 4 years.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
The olympics are a chance to pay attention to certain sports that normally the other 4 years we don't give a shit about. Gymnastics???:thumbsdown

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Golf has been a Olympic sport in the past. They add and take away different sports every 4 years.

like ball room dancing... that so needs to be a sport... oh wait it is.

yet after the London they said they were going to chop wrestling.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
like ball room dancing... that so needs to be a sport... oh wait it is.

Ball room dancing is not in the 2016 Olympics. Some sports /events like badminton aren't as popular in the US as they are in other countries.;)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We've been watching it here on the boat and at the Locker Room bar in Avalon.
Lots of interest among boaters and visitors.

NBC is doing a good job covering it so far.
It's also on NBC sports channel and I think Bravo.

It repeats all night long into the morning and it runs constantly aboard the boat.

Brazil is supposed to dominate Girls Beach VB but the Americans are good and it'll be some good games.
French girls soccer team is interesting, all about cheap shots and dirty plays but the American girls team is a contender and can lick them.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The olympics are a chance to pay attention to certain sports that normally the other 4 years we don't give a shit about. Gymnastics???:thumbsdown

Yup, when was the last time anyone watched a non-Olympic Swimming Competition LOL

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
We've had it on a lot so far, kids are really into it.
A lot of the current and past Olympians talk about watching the Olympics as kids and that inspired them to become Olympic Athletes. :thumbsup

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Marlin Club
image.jpg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I appreciate and respect all of those athletes over there, ours from the US, my Kiwis, and ones from other nations who have dedicated so much to this. :thumbsup

With that being said, screw the crooked ass Olympic Committee, and screw NBC and their absolutely abysmal coverage. :thumbsdown :p :D

If you can figure out how watching online from the BBC in the UK is infinitely better. I've heard the CBC in Canada also has great coverage.

Also was anyone checking out that Australian Volleyball chick's butt last night? :p i had to do a double take at the bar

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I appreciate and respect all of those athletes over there, ours from the US, my Kiwis, and ones from other nations who have dedicated so much to this. :thumbsup

With that being said, screw the crooked ass Olympic Committee, and screw NBC and their absolutely abysmal coverage. :thumbsdown :p :D

If you can figure out how watching online from the BBC in the UK is infinitely better. I've heard the CBC in Canada also has great coverage.

Also was anyone checking out that Australian Volleyball chick's butt last night? :p i had to do a double take at the bar
NBCs abysmal coverage. ? You didn't like the opening games on Friday night and the ALL DAY coverage yesterday. What more can you ask for. ?

Raffit78

Reaction score
Our friend is the men's water polo assistant coach.

Go Alex!!!

They put together a great young team and very quick. Their goal is to prep them for the next 2 upcoming Olympics.

They are doing a fantastic job and most of the Kids have a full ride to a handful of Ivy League colleges.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'd really like to see NBC do more coverage of other events and less about the country and city hosting it. They cover every single swimming race there is but only show half of the track and field events (I ran the hurdles in High School so I'd like to see more T&F). They cover marathon races (bike or running) pretty extensively but don't show others. I don't know who makes the decisions on what to air at NBC but they need a good slapping.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I'd really like to see NBC do more coverage of other events and less about the country and city hosting it. They cover every single swimming race there is but only show half of the track and field events (I ran the hurdles in High School so I'd like to see more T&F). They cover marathon races (bike or running) pretty extensively but don't show others. I don't know who makes the decisions on what to air at NBC but they need a good slapping.
More coverage? Check your TV guide. They are on KNBC..NBCSN...MSNBC...CNBC...USA ...Basketball Channel...Soccer Channel..Telemundo...NBC Universo and Bravo channel today. :p Has as track and field even started.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
More coverage? Check your TV guide. They are on KNBC..NBCSN...MSNBC...CNBC...USA ...Basketball Channel...Soccer Channel..Telemundo...NBC Universo and Bravo channel today. [emoji14] Has as track and field even started.
I just figured out if you go to channel 205 on Direct TV, they show you everything that's on all the other NBC channels.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
What a finish in the women's long distance cycling. :thumbsup

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
What a finish in the women's long distance cycling. :thumbsup

That was unbelievable. Too bad Mara was just to gassed to stay in front. Three drafting is much faster and less work than one lone wolf.

Great race though [emoji106]

2Driver

Reaction score
If I had known air rifle was a sport, I would have tried out when I was 14.

There wasn't a squirrel left in my old neighborhood. :D

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
NBCs abysmal coverage. ? You didn't like the opening games on Friday night and the ALL DAY coverage yesterday. What more can you ask for. ?

Their commentators are awful, they mouthgag you with commercials non stop, Their online streaming sucks.... I could go on all day about how they ruin perfectly good events.... :p

How many friggin times did they cut to commercials during the opening ceremonies....

Watched via BBC online, not a single commercial break, period.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
If I had known air rifle was a sport, I would have tried out when I was 14.

There wasn't a squirrel left in my old neighborhood. :D

SOB, those contraptions have come a long way since my Crosman 760.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Loved Lilly Kings response to that Russian chicks #1 finger salute, I haven't swam yet. She's a true American badass!

boatnam2

Reaction score
Not much of a Olympic guy but girlfriends daughter has 3 of her best friends on the women's water polo team, hoping for them to do well.