WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What reusable ice sheets are the best?

Magic34

Reaction score
I remember reading on here that some of you swear by reusable ice sheets, but there was a specific brand that everyone agreed was excellent. I can't find the thread anywhere.

So... any help on what those were?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yup...Techni Ice. We've been using the stuff for a good 15+ years.
Let them soak in a sink overnight and then freeze.
We most often use these to "line" the onboard coolers then supplement with ice.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
I remember reading on here that some of you swear by reusable ice sheets, but there was a specific brand that everyone agreed was excellent. I can't find the thread anywhere.

So... any help on what those were?

there were a few people on here talking about Cooler Shock www.coolershockcom recently so I ordered some. I can say first hand that these really work great. I received them right before I trip to Lake Don Pedro (NorCal). They made our ice last much longer and worked great for the boat soft cooler.

3 Cooler Shock Large 10" x 14" Dry Packs with Screw Caps

Magic34

Reaction score
Thanks, cooler shock was it... I just bought some in 2 different sizes.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
I've had very good luck with cooler shock. We bought the pack of 4 small and another of the 3 large. We use them literally everyday here in Havasu and have for the past year as I pack a cooler every morning with soda and water for clients (and myself of course :)) in an AO cooler and they keep everything cold for at least 10 hours with no supplemental ice even in a hot car.

We still have a couple of the older Gott (Rubbermaid) coolers with the screw-in ice packs and we have converted the water to Cooler shock and they stay much colder for much longer........all in all it's a great product:thumbsup:thumbsup

2Driver

Reaction score
Only thing I've ever used. Cheap and available. 10 cents each :)
Left 3frozen bottles by themselves in an AO cooler in the hot car and they were still 1/3 frozen after 24 hours. In an emergency you can drink them. You have to load the cooler with cold stuff to start with.
waterbottle4.jpg

PaPaG

Reaction score
Hands down best ice sheets I have used in the desert in the last 20 years. They last 2 days in the AOCoolers in very hot climate and even freeze your bottles of water. So far we have had the same sheets and use them every week for roughly 5-7 years. JMO

Attachments

• Ice sheets.jpg
    Ice sheets.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 75

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I've had very good luck with cooler shock. We bought the pack of 4 small and another of the 3 large. We use them literally everyday here in Havasu and have for the past year as I pack a cooler every morning with soda and water for clients (and myself of course :)) in an AO cooler and they keep everything cold for at least 10 hours with no supplemental ice even in a hot car.

We still have a couple of the older Gott (Rubbermaid) coolers with the screw-in ice packs and we have converted the water to Cooler shock and they stay much colder for much longer........all in all it's a great product:thumbsup:thumbsup

We bought the combo pack after seeing your post in the last thread and are very happy with them. Damn cold beer at 5 PM after being out all day.