WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What rims are people putting on their trucks these days?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Got a new F350 last month, planning on a leveling kit, either 18's or 20's on 35's.

Been looking at rims, the BMF's and Fuel's seem to be the most popular, crazy what prices they fetch.
Here's the deal for me: I got an inside line /good prices on Fuel/KMC XD's/BMF's Moto Metal's, Methods, few others.

Everyone is going black, I had chrome XD Hoss's on my 06 Dmax, so far, liking the BMF REPR and Novakane in the "death metal" finish, also the Moto Metal 951 in satin black.

Any other ones people have seen and liked on 4WD "furds"?:D

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Novakane and Moto 951:

novakane.jpg

moto metal 951.jpg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Looks good with the ICON level kit:

BMF Ford.jpg

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
A lot of guys like Walker Evans wheels for their trucks :thumbsup
http://walkerevansracing.com/products/6-wheels

As for me...my Dodge came with forged-aluminum 17-inch wheels.
Stronger than cast aftermarket, already paid for, and I'm not really into bling.
The only reason to use a larger wheel, is to make room for larger brakes IMHO...but I know I'm in the minority here.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
OK so I am old but I have NEVER liked black wheels on any car/truck/ANYTHING!!!

They always look dirty to me and I just don't get it.....is it that you just don;t have to keep them clean to have them looking good:headscratch:

My new Jeep has Black wheels and I think it looks like crap.....something I'll change once I get everything else (Shocks/Springs/Bumpers/Floor Mats/Stereo/Winch/Seat Heaters/etc....

IMHO.....go Bling.......you don't see much of that flat black shit on boats now do ya????

Drivers Side.jpg

Attachments

• P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 75

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
i have been getting bored with my truck, so i want to get some rims for it. i want something that doesn't scream 909, but i do dig the black rims. i think it would look pretty good with the color of my truck.

<-----------trying to get ideas for rims.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

They always look dirty to me and I just don't get it.....is it that you just don;t have to keep them clean to have them looking good:headscratch:

My new Jeep has Black wheels and I think it looks like crap.....something I'll change once I get everything else (Shocks/Springs/Bumpers/Floor Mats/Stereo/Winch/Seat Heaters/etc....

IMHO.....go Bling.......you don't see much of that flat black shit on boats now do ya????

View attachment 242143

Some stock 2013 Rubicon wheels would look good on your rig.

I think it depends on the ride..

I have chrome wheels on my Tahoe, billet on my 69 and black on my wife's Silverado.

Personally I think black wheels(I'm not a fan of the ones you have) look good on certain vehs. I wouldn't put chrome on a white jeep if you gave them to me...:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Paul65k

Reaction score
Some stock 2013 Rubicon wheels would look good on your rig.

I think it depends on the ride..

I have chrome wheels on my Tahoe, billet on my 69 and black on my wife's Silverado.

Personally I think black wheels(I'm not a fan of the ones you have) look good on certain vehs. I wouldn't put chrome on a white jeep if you gave them to me...:)

Fair Enough;)

At least they don't look any worse when they are dirty :D............what would you put on this jeep BTW??

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

View attachment 242143

Silly old guys. :D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Fair Enough;)

At least they don't look any worse when they are dirty :D............what would you put on this jeep BTW??

I can help you out with ideas but your not gonna like then if you want chrome...lol

I like a 17" wheel on 33-35" tires

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I can help you out with ideas but your not gonna like then if you want chrome...lol

Here are the 13 Rubicon wheels...honestly I'm not even sure if the lug pattern is the same between generations

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357271172747.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357271172747.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 74

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My wife did the whole "why do the 909 thing" with black....until she saw the RE CHROME bill after 3 seasons of actually DRVING our DMAX in the dunes.
None of the modern chrome stands up to sand if you actually drive your truck in the sand. I can always re powder coat black, and the gloss on the black version of the XD Hoss is pretty shiny, and has chrome nipples for an offset to all black. I might go with it, the Hoss rims did well towing 15K loads and mobbing the dunes.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
My wife did the whole "why do the 909 thing" with black....until she saw the RE CHROME bill after 3 seasons of actually DRVING our DMAX in the dunes.
None of the modern chrome stands up to sand if you actually drive your truck in the sand. I can always re powder coat black, and the gloss on the black version of the XD Hoss is pretty shiny, and has chrome nipples for an offset to all black. I might go with it, the Hoss rims did well towing 15K loads and mobbing the dunes.

I have the black boss's on my wife's truck. They look good on the white truck but there a pain to clean because all the nooks

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I could see that, my chrome Hoss's were tedious at times....

I like the ease of less nooks on the moto 951's but hate their big label on the center cap....

Paul65k

Reaction score

I don't have to have chrome BTW.....I'm just not a fan of the Flat Black "always look dirty" Look.

Those Rubicon Wheels will bolt right up but I haven't decided if I like them or not just yet.....Thanks!:cool

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I don't have to have chrome BTW.....I'm just not a fan of the Flat Black "always look dirty" Look.

Those Rubicon Wheels will bolt right up but I haven't decided if I like them or not just yet.....Thanks!:cool

Not the JK Rubicon wheels. '07 and up will not fit your TJ.
The TJ's have 5 on 4-1/2 pattern and the JK's went back to the old 5 on 5.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

View attachment 242143

I felt the same way when I first bought the wheels and tires for my Jeep.
A few years later I got bored one day and painted the wheels and now I kind of like the look.

Attachments

• wheels1.jpg
    wheels1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 71
  • wheels2.jpg
    wheels2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 76

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Black wheels suck azz to me. :thumbsdown

Now if your gonna tow a heavy trailer and all that, you NEED to look at the weight ratings. As pronstar said, forged is the best way to go, and the ONLY way to go if your gonna tow a toyhauler, or anything else that comes close to the weight rating of the axle.

The guy i bought my truck from, had Weld Wheels on it when i got it from him. He told me "i dunno why, but I've broken three of these wheels so far, but they warranty them every time!"

Idiot. Those are strictly for show. He's lucky he didn't get killed!!!

I have these on it now. They will handle the weight and then some...

http://www.bonspeedwheels.com/

Paul65k

Reaction score
I felt the same way when I first bought the wheels and tires for my Jeep.
A few years later I got bored one day and painted the wheels and now I kind of like the look.
I agree those look good (Better even) painted!

Another thing to keep in mind is ease of cleaning.......some of us can still remember the BBS honeycomb wheels that were so popular years ago on BMW's and were a Pain In The ASS to keep clean.....thank goodness we don't see much of that kind of stuff on today's wheels but something to think about when you are drooling over pictures of different wheels!!!:D