WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What size are my trailer rims?

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I Want to buy new rims for my trailer. The trailer is a 2006 advantage with 5 lug 15 inch rims on it. Does anyone know the lug pattern, width and offset I should buy. I want to replace the dorky chrome ones with cool guy black ones!!!

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I Want to buy new rims for my trailer. The trailer is a 2006 advantage with 5 lug 15 inch rims on it. Does anyone know the lug pattern, width and offset I should buy. I want to replace the dorky chrome ones with cool guy black ones!!!
Correction on my post the trailer is an Extreme. I don’t know where the hell advantage came from.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I my opinion there is no such a cool black rims. Most are ford 5 on 4.5 even offset i think.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I my opinion there is no such a cool black rims. Most are ford 5 on 4.5 even offset i think.

I agree! Black wheels are like black socks! I have a new set of 18 inch Chrome Torque Thrusts for my boat and I'm not even getting wheels for my dually because there is almost no selection other than black these days!

They are 5x4.5 lug pattern. I don't believe there is an offset, but if you get a wider wheel, you may want to add an offset to match the fenders. However, if you get a wider wheel, you most likely will want a wider fender.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I agree! Black wheels are like black socks! I have a new set of 18 inch Chrome Torque Thrusts for my boat and I'm not even getting wheels for my dually because there is almost no selection other than black these days!

They are 5x4.5 lug pattern. I don't believe there is an offset, but if you get a wider wheel, you may want to add an offset to match the fenders. However, if you get a wider wheel, you most likely will want a wider fender.
I appreciate the help. I like the way the black wheels look and don’t show the grime as much.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Go talk to you local Discount Tire store. That's where I got my complete setup (7 wheels and tires). Ordered them took about a week to have enrything on hand. Then had them installed before my 4th trip, got pushed to the front of the line cause the manager is a boat guy.
6C90E269-5472-412A-BD88-F65CF260C292.jpeg

Riverryder

Reaction score
If you have bearing buddies you’ll either have the have some caps custom made or take them off so the center caps will fit. Frogman just went thru this and so did I on a boat I recently put rims on. Discount tried for 2 months to get me the longest caps to try and cover and they couldn’t

Attachments

• F33FD299-7034-4E81-9E2B-16ABB7ABE7AF.jpeg
    F33FD299-7034-4E81-9E2B-16ABB7ABE7AF.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 116

renodaytona

Reaction score
I did Raceline wheels and the caps fit over the bearing buddies, super clean. Ill get a close up when I get home tonight.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I did Raceline wheels and the caps fit over the bearing buddies, super clean. Ill get a close up when I get home tonight.
Yours wheels look great. I have the oil bath type hubs. My current wheels don’t run caps. Is that what you are talking about when you say bearing buddies?

parker guy

Reaction score
Yours wheels look great. I have the oil bath type hubs. My current wheels don’t run caps. Is that what you are talking about when you say bearing buddies?
I had the same oil bath deal on my Hallett, Adrenaline trailers said to go away from it and go back to grease.....

renodaytona

Reaction score
No mine are standard grease hubs with bearing buddies. Oil baths hubs are good in till they fail, then it’s a mess.
These are the raceline wheels with the caps installed.
617575D4-5D96-47B1-B05F-FD552DFD8E4C.jpeg

Wedgy

Reaction score
Oil bath hubs sure do make a helluva mess when they blow.
Aros Trailer/Stotz Equipment in Escondido converted my 2 trailer hubs. Brakes were ok, the seals had failed, installed new bearings with bearing buddies. No worries now.

Everyone knows it's no fun blowing a seal. Happened to me. Oil all over everything everywhere. It's not that oil bath hubs don't work, or are prone to failure. It's the catastrophic nature of the failure, if and when.

Just imagine that somewhere out in the middle of the Mojave...

renodaytona

Reaction score
@renodaytona do you use your rims for curb feelers? Holy crap they have a lot of curb rash.

No that is the shit they used when they mounted the tires. I haven’t had a chance to clean it all off of all of the wheels. The wheels are all scratch free.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Do you have the boat at home? Take a wheel off and measure it for back spacing and bolt pattern... You can find the process for this on line pretty easy. I personally like black wheels as well.

Attachments

• black wheels 2.png
    black wheels 2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
  • black wheels 3.jpg
    black wheels 3.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 65
  • black wheels 1.jpg
    black wheels 1.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 70

rrrr

Reaction score
I my opinion there is no such thing as cool black rims.

I agree! That look drove into the ditch a long time ago.

And they're wheels, not rims, Primo. 😁

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I agree! That look drove into the ditch a long time ago.

And they're wheels, not rims, Primo. 😁
Yeah yeah cabron, rims have spokes, whatever!!!! Wheels, rims, you know what I meant!!!

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score

pics or it didn’t happen, or so I’ve been told!