WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What Size Winch Strap

shunter2005

Reaction score
I want to replace the winch strap and bow roller on my trailer, since I would bet that they are as old as the trailer itself. I have been looking at 10,000 # (4000# working load) 2 in. straps in yellow. I found a 7500 # (2500# working load) 2 in. strap that can be ordered in different colors and lengths. Color choice is the only reason I would even considered the 7500# strap. They make a 10,000# strap that can also be ordered in different colors and lengths, but it is 3 in wide and I don't think it will fit my winch.

I don't know much about the straps and working load, so would the 7500# strap be sufficient for a Hallett 270 in lieu of the bigger yellow 10K strap? The strap on it now doesn't look anywhere near the size of the 10,000# strap. I just thought it was neat that different colors is an option.

shunter2005

Reaction score
What did you go with?
Place where I found the 7500# strap also had a 10,000# strap in the color I wanted. I got dark blue shipped for less than $25. I was surprised that my winch had only a 12 ft. strap on it, so that is what I ordered.

If your interested, below is the link to the site. I ordered model 4436 in 12 ft. Scroll down the page till you get to it. It's pretty far down, but they have several colors that you can choose from. They also have priority shipping with USPS for $8. Ordered Thursday and it should be here on Monday.

http://customtiedowns.com/tie-downs/2-inch-boat-winch-straps/

Spot

Reaction score
Place where I found the 7500# strap also had a 10,000# strap in the color I wanted. I got dark blue shipped for less than $25. I was surprised that my winch had only a 12 ft. strap on it, so that is what I ordered.

If your interested, below is the link to the site. I ordered model 4436 in 12 ft. Scroll down the page till you get to it. It's pretty far down, but they have several colors that you can choose from. They also have priority shipping with USPS for $8. Ordered Thursday and it should be here on Monday.

http://customtiedowns.com/tie-downs/2-inch-boat-winch-straps/

Thanks.