WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What the hell is happening with fuel prices in Calif?

Singleton

Reaction score
I think you need to read the fine print as that “gas credit” will not hit everyone…only people who filed taxes in 2020 and that earned $75,000 or less and couples you earned a combined of $150,000 or less. I’m not sure how you can live/survive in California making $75,000 or less…
So a large population that votes based on free shit they get.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
I think you need to read the fine print as that “gas credit” will not hit everyone…only people who filed taxes in 2020 and that earned $75,000 or less and couples you earned a combined of $150,000 or less. I’m not sure how you can live/survive in California making $75,000 or less…
It's hard, and now even harder, our combined household is 70k right now.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Question: is that after deductions? “Taxable income”.

Makes a difference for most if so.

Dunerking

Reaction score
Question: is that after deductions? “Taxable income”.

Makes a difference for most if so.
Haha…I’m sure whatever is the best way the policy makers can fuck us taxpayers over the best will probably be your answer.
Not sure why can’t every California gouged taxpayer can’t receive a stimulus check? It for sure was withheld from my paycheck. I guess whoever makes over $75,000 a year is independently wealthy and can’t appreciate a return of $400. Pure dogshit…

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
309640484_2321427171343408_2203470985593989096_n.jpg

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
On a tip from the brethren at rdp, filled up on Wednesday Eve.

Thursday Eve, another $0.20 a gallon. (Edit- in Williams)

Thanks RDP! 👍

Dan'l

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Not as bad as you Cali guys have it, but Havasu Maverick went from $3.88 to $4.08 to $4.25 in a week. Like I said before, it needs to stay high until the midterms.

NicPaus

Reaction score
It went up 35 cents more at the station I frequent. $100 not even half a tank yesterday in the 2500.

Diesel has not changed much. Still over $400 to fill up the 3500 work truck.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The democrats own this issue of high gas prices and some even admit it but most don’t. Those that don’t just deflect and blame others for their failures on high prices

It is the stated policy of the democrats to reduce petroleum products and supply. Everyone knows less supply results in Higher prices..

Its about time for ALL Democrats to stand up and own this issue proudly. After all they support it and it is the goal of their party to restrict supply to reduce carbon emissions

Might as well because everyone sees through their BS

boatnam2

Reaction score
Starting winter blending early to help us poor calif folks, things are looking up, might be back to $6 before we know it.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
We paid 3.89 for premium 93 just shy of Fort Meyers and that is hurricane inflation.

F’U. CA.

And now opec cutting 2 mil barrels per day. Perfect for Joe to blame them for high fuel prices.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
My fuel delivery broker is out of Cali said there is a lack of fuel right now and that is effecting pricing there big time.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Not so much of an idiot.
A puppet, yes.
Part of the Pelosi crime family out of Chicago? Again, yes.
Fuck Newsome? Again, yes.

Dan'l
Gavin is an idiot. I have watched many videos of him, and looked closely at his mannerisms. He is an idiot. Him being a puppet, is all that gets him by.

I have a video of the idiot touring a ventilator factory in May of 2020. Him and his entourage are laughing while they are looking around. He is an idiot.

Singleton

Reaction score
Anyone want to explain this BS.
Mobil on Tamarack and 5
87 CASH price 6.19 (up .06 from yesterday)
87 CREDIT price 6.39 (up .10 from yesterday)

Credit price is still .40 cheaper then the Chevron across the street at 6.79.

CC fees are not .20 a gallon. Pisses me off, but I still pay it.
Last time I showed up with cash for my truck ($400 in $20’s), clerk refused to accept the $20 saying it is putting her at risk for a robbery. Told me she will only accept $100 in cash.

PlanB

Reaction score
Mobil on Tamarack and 5

Last time I showed up with cash for my truck ($400 in $20’s), clerk refused to accept the $20 saying it is putting her at risk for a robbery. Told me she will only accept $100 in cash.
Not sure about the cash. They can always do a drop. I owned three stations (one in Carlsbad). We charged 10 cents more for credit. We were only operating on about a 5 cent margin so if someone came in on a motorcycle or was filling a small gas can we would lose money on a CC sale. Credit card fees were a killer for us. Some stations don't want to lose money on a small sale so they charge more per gallon on a CC sale.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Blimp might be the cheapest thing to drive even over a refinery.

Attachments

• 655CD5A9-A277-4910-A052-AF63DAB55D45.png
    655CD5A9-A277-4910-A052-AF63DAB55D45.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 18

TCHB

Reaction score
Mobil on Tamarack and 5

This is a good article. https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-...-Big-Oil-Is-Refusing-To-Boost-Production.html

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Today in the middle of nowhere. But the weather is soooo much nicer in CA 😁

Attachments

• D73D50E8-3F45-4F02-BA53-BA230ECD1BD1.jpeg
    D73D50E8-3F45-4F02-BA53-BA230ECD1BD1.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 32

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Not sure about the cash. They can always do a drop. I owned three stations (one in Carlsbad). We charged 10 cents more for credit. We were only operating on about a 5 cent margin so if someone came in on a motorcycle or was filling a small gas can we would lose money on a CC sale. Credit card fees were a killer for us. Some stations don't want to lose money on a small sale so they charge more per gallon on a CC sale.
So if someone puts 60 gallons in a vehicle, that’s $6 in credit card fees?

Seems to me the CC fees exist to pad margins, since they used to be just part of doing business selling gas and the prices were accounting for that.

And if the stations are unwilling to accept cash then they should quit advertising the cash price ( as it’s misleading anyway).

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Seems to me the CC fees exist to pad margins, since they used to be just part of doing business selling gas and the prices were accounting for that.

And if the stations are unwilling to accept cash then they should quit advertising the cash price ( as it’s misleading anyway).

Agreed on not taking cash, but disagree on CC.

CC fees are out of control, we stopped taking them for commercial accounts in my business.

hallett21

Reaction score
Gas stations are there to make a profit. If you don’t like their payment structure you certainly can go buy a 1,000 gallon tank and have it delivered to your house.

Singleton

Reaction score
Talked to the owner last night. Found out his daughter plays waterpolo with mine.
Cash limit is $100 per transaction. He stated his employee were getting nervous about theft, so they placed a limit on cash transactions. He told me, I should of been able to do 4 cash transactions.

Also asked him about CC fees. His % is not that out of control, but the charge back disputes are getting insane, so the difference between cash and credit helps to offsets that BS.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Found several stations yesterday at $5.99 when I filled up with diesel, this morning those same stations $6.29.
Going to be $6.99 by Christmas. It ain't going down this year.

Bizarre driving the wifes EV around charged by home solar. Gas stations are obsolete.
Electrify America just reloaded her account with another 1000 hrs of free charging.
Starbucks out here are installing EV chargers too.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Found several stations yesterday at $5.99 when I filled up with diesel, this morning those same stations $6.29.
Going to be $6.99 by Christmas. It ain't going down this year.

Bizarre driving the wifes EV around charged by home solar. Gas stations are obsolete.
Electrify America just reloaded her account with another 1000 hrs of free charging.
Starbucks out here are installing EV chargers too.
I would look into electric or better yet, series hybrid, if anyone made a vehicle big enough. The existing 3 row vehicles on the market have a barely passable 3rd row, yet alone for 2 car seats, and 2 boosters and cargo. Something that could compete with the Suburban is what I would need.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Gas stations are there to make a profit. If you don’t like their payment structure you certainly can go buy a 1,000 gallon tank and have it delivered to your house.

Probably won’t even have to buy a tank, most bulk delivery outfits will supply their own tank…free or for a fee depending on volume?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

I believe (I could be wrong), the stations have it structured that the credit card price is the price they charge for fuel, and they give you a discount if you pay cash. Versus an upcharge for using a credit card. Otherwise they would end up in a lawsuit due to overcharging for credit card fees.

PlanB

Reaction score

No, CC fees when I owned my stations were about 20-30 cents per swipe. If you are making 5 cents a gallon, someone needs to get 4-6 gallons of gas before you break even. The gas business suck these days. If I had to do it over I would have owned stores with no pumps. The store / carwash / garage etc... is where you make your money. Very few stations make their nut selling fuel.

grumpy88

Reaction score
No, CC fees when I owned my stations were about 20-30 cents per swipe. If you are making 5 cents a gallon, someone needs to get 4-6 gallons of gas before you break even. The gas business suck these days. If I had to do it over I would have owned stores with no pumps. The store / carwash / garage etc... is where you make your money. Very few stations make their nut selling fuel.
I 100 percent believe you but can you explain why there is such a difference in price at the pump between stations then ? I have seen 1.00 difference within 10 miles .

PlanB

Reaction score
I 100 percent believe you but can you explain why there is such a difference in price at the pump between stations then ? I have seen 1.00 difference within 10 miles .
Different brands, non-branded and zone pricing. All my stations were the same brand but we were charged different prices for fuel based on location. The oil company is going to squeeze as much profit as possible out of a location. 90% of the time unbranded stations are paying less for fuel than branded stations. This is why you usually see the lowest prices at these stations.

farmo83

Reaction score
The OPEC cut is being more publicized than it should be IMO(as by most others in industry). Several OPEC members are pumping well short of their quota’s so cutting back will really just bring them back in line with targets.

As far as the Biden’s administration’s claim it’s short sighted, if anything it’s long term. China’s economy is not doing overly well and the FED is going to keep raising rates here pulling back demand to combat inflation. This is not an environment conducive to growing energy requirements so why should anyone produce more? They won’t is the answer. Also we don’t have refining capacity to refine what we are producing now so it really doesn’t matter.

As far as an export ban on fuels this has potential to help prices in some areas, it also has potential to raise prices in some areas. The vast majority of fuels is refined on the gulf coast and a decent amount of it is exported. If Biden passes an export ban on fuels all of what we export has to go somewhere and there are logistical constraints. There is no magic fleet of trucks, new pipelines, ships, etc that will drop out of the sky that can transport this newly domestic landlocked gasoline to wherever it needs to go. The implications of this are once storage in the gulf coast fills up which won’t take long at all refineries will have to produce less until transportation can alleviate the bottle neck. Transportation cost will rise which will naturally be passed on to the consumer at the pump.