WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What the...?

Albert

Reaction score
AC308368-CE75-40D1-89DB-6B4F1D98E701.png
Anyone else see this boat with twin wackers ?

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Not very appealing from the outside...looks like a giant torpedo.

Albert

Reaction score
He took off like a bat outta hell thing was fast.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Not sure what the story is, saw it being towed down the road a few months ago with no engines, looks home grown.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
What is it made out of, Aluminum or Stainless? Metal framed or is it wood framed/metal skinned?

If it works, hats off to the guy for building something like that.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Looks like a drug smuggling boat to me. Just a little out of place on Lake Havasu.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
From a fabrication point of view, that is pretty damn cool. I'd take a pencil eraser, a drill and some lapping compound and polish some "rivet" heads. Line them up like panels from a B29, then have someone paint a Vargas pinup girl on the nose! The boat may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's pretty cool. Definitely isn't some aluminum duck boat.

RCDave

Reaction score
I like it too. I bet it's light and fast

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
That’s frickin cool. I dig it!!

Looks like fantastic fab work from those pics too. I’d love to see it up close.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Obviously not finished yet, but pretty cool. Looks like the hull was spool gunned, not tigged...but damn, guy would still be in the garage laying beads! I wonder what it's weight is in comparison to a glass hull? The thought has crossed my mind, I'm much better with metal than glass. I wonder if he worked with bulk tanks, or maybe utility boat building.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That would be badass, beer wrap.
Think about how many beer cans it would take to make that hull...both in recycling, or in consumption to have the idea, the balls and the patience!

Does anyone remember the Herbst SCORE trailers from maybe 200ish? They were painted red, but then masked off to look like the paint was torn off, showing the polished aluminum skin. May be a good look for it.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Impressive fab skills! Must have previous experience in the aluminum boat or aerospace industires.

OR

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Think about how many beer cans it would take to make that hull...both in recycling, or in consumption to have the idea, the balls and the patience!
More value as a boat or scrap aluminum?
I wonder if the bottom design is his own creation or splashed from a glass boat.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
More value as a boat or scrap aluminum?
I wonder if the bottom design is his own creation or splashed from a glass boat.
Depends, are we talking CRV per can, or clean scrap?:confused: Just stencil a giant pull tab on the side!

I would think his design would be based off an existing hull, but modded. To copy all the small radii for steps, or the compound curves from the bottom to the tunnel sides, would be extremely difficult to recreate exactly. At least without a lot of time and a lot of work. You could hammer form or E-wheel the smaller curves, but both would work harden the aluminum...and I have no idea what that means in this applicationo_O I guess you could anneal it again after, but maybe a hardened keel would be an advantage?

92 cole

Reaction score
Looks like a ww 2 float plane recycled. BUT with a pair of 300"s I bet it hauls ass!!!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If you section about 6" out above the rub rail area, and wedge cut it a few degrees from the helm forward, you'd have a completely different animal. What's really cool, I look at it like an old hot rod. To me, metal is much easier to work with than glass. I think it's a good idea, even if the owners design doesn't strike you. It's a hell of a proof of concept.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Saw it yesterday.. That thing was smashing thru the roll bar boat slop like butter!