WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What to do with my rusted out trailer.....

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
So it looks like my boat has been bought by a guy in Hawaii. He's buying a salt water trailer here on mainland and shipping all over after he gets some upgrades done in SoCal. My trailer is the original Magic 2006 NAS tube trailer. The last 5 years of salt launches has rendered this thing pretty much useless I guess.

Does anybody have any idea on what to do with it? I guess I could place an ad on Craigs and deal with the lookieloos. Its got 7 unused tires on it at least. Ideas appreciated fellas.....

PS... I'm getting pics later today

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Sell it on Craigslist-

"Seven (7) new tires and wheels for sale, size 205/70R15.
Comes with used trailer and title.
No tire kickers."

Dan'l

NicPaus

Reaction score
Post it up. I might buy it and make a trailer out of it or scrap part of it.

riverrat707

Reaction score
My old Extreme was rusted through the cross members. It was rebuilt as a smoker / BBQ trailer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201014-125514_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201014-125514_Photos.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 158

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Ha... love the BBQ concept. I'm waiting for rusted out pics from boat broker now..... will post on this and other forum posting I'll start.

Mash On It..... thanks for writing the CL ad. I'll adjust in that those 7 wheels got rusted too. Salt is powerful!

240Hallett

Reaction score
Local boat Yard or Marina might be able to use it for a yard goat or temp storage.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Local boat Yard or Marina might be able to use it for a yard goat or temp storage.
Yup, I've got a call into my dockmaster.... that'd be simplest solution. The condition of this thing would most likely scare him off though. Liability. I've used it simply as a 100 yard launching tool using their launch service as I don't "pull" the boat anywhere else... frankly I can't speak to its metal integrity. I had a somewhat lengthy thread on RDP forum going a year ago on trailer knowledge for salt vs fresh water and learned a lot. Mine is a painted tube trailer like the river rats use out in AZ. I found out the salt water gets inside these tubes and eats from inside out.... kinda renders them useless I bet.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
... Just spoke with dock master here in Newport Beach..... he's got no use and says he's running around like mad overwhelmed by folks needing dry storage & slip spaces. Covid related boat purchasing still strong it appears. Craigs list it is.....

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Are you looking to just get rid of it? If so I might be your huckleberry.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Are you looking to just get rid of it? If so I might be your huckleberry.
No idea what that means but yes this is a posting to "get rid of a trailer"..... we can discuss if you'd like. I put it on Craigs so having SO much fun dealing with that I can tell ya.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
No idea what that means but yes this is a posting to "get rid of a trailer"..... we can discuss if you'd like. I put it on Craigs so having SO much fun dealing with that I can tell ya.
It means if your giving it away for free I will come get it. But someone offered $400 in the other thread so you should take that and run.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Getting some solid action... we'll see what these are worth soon. Just gotta locate correct buyer. Guy with Noridc Heat looking today.... others are mostly sniffers.... real buyers come inspect. Funny how not posting a price works.... who knows what its worth.... all depends on how bad you need it I reckon. Had a fabricator come check it out... weld are solid... substrate unaffected. Ad says free can of Rustoleum included with purchase lol.

Attachments

• Boat Trailer 13.jpg
    Boat Trailer 13.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Boat Trailer 11.jpg
    Boat Trailer 11.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Boat Trailer 10.jpg
    Boat Trailer 10.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 114

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
What are you replacing the Magic with?
Afraid I'm done with speed boating a while... pacific ocean is just a bit too much for my old back [or at least thats what my orthopedic surgeon said after viewing my latest spine mri] So I'll be focusing on a 68-72 K5 Blazer after covid.

And of course I'll be out smoozing for some rides outta Newport to get my fix.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Turned into a bidding war... who new. At $1400 and rising at moment. Must be the new tires everybody's after

NicPaus

Reaction score
I just wanted the title mainly. My boat manufacturer sold me one that looks identical with a lien on it. Then denied they ever sold it.