WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What to see.. Fort Worth area?

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Heading out this weekend. Staying in Benbrook. Any must see things to do?

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Better half might have an issue with that.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
We are flying tomorrow out of LA and staying near Benbrook.

Don’t know the area but looking around from Waxahachie to Weatherford at possibly relocating.

I did hear the Ft Worth zoo is good and traveling with 7yr old kids we are making a stop.

sintax

Reaction score
Last time I was there I only remember 2 things... Steakhouses and Strip Clubs.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
The house I was born in.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I've been there a few times, seem to have a nice airport.:D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If you have kids:
Dallas Aquarium
Perot Museum of Natural History

Glad to hear you’re doing the stockyards. Lonesome Dove is an amazing restaurant at the stockyards, it’s a steakhouse owned by Tim Love.

BBQ in the Dallas area:
Pecan Lodge
Terry Blacks (just opened in Dallas)
Hutchins
Lockhart’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the input. I guess I'll pack some drinking clothes.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Stockyards are fu n Cattle drives at 11 and 430 every day. Check times to be sure
While there coopers open pit bbq is awesome and billy bobs honky tonk is also coo . There is a rodeo there every Friday and Saturday night.

Downtown ft worth at the square is also a good tim lots of restaurants and Christmas stuff going on there now. Riskys bbq and the yoke for breakfast and lunch.

Weatherford has coll equine place with gun shops and a restaurant as well its called teskys.
Havent tried it yet but our next stop in ft worth is called panther bbq i believe has a cool bar next to it aswell from what we hea .

Make a atop by buc-ee's aswell closest one i know of is in haslet. If you make the drive that far make it over to a restaurant called marty Bs its fantastic and has a great atmosphere its in bentonville.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
We were visiting family last week and stopped at Stockyards on Saturday. The cattle drive was at 4pm and I believe the rodeo started at 8pm. We had a good time and the food was great.

Another option if you want to visit Dallas is the JFK Museum Tour. Pretty fascinating if you are into history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RedSoloCup

Reaction score
Welcome to North Texas. I second stockyards, Billy Bobs, or any of the other bars, also 7th St., Sundance Square should still be lit up. One restaurant not mentioned. If you like Tex-Mex, good tourist stop is Joe T. Garcia's. it's close to the stockyards. The kids will love Buc-ee's it's by Texas Motor speedway, there is a outlet mall next to Buc-ee's and old town Roanoke/Oak St. is about 4 miles east. If you go there you have a choice of Hard 8 BBQ, or Babes Chicken. Enjoy your time here and hope you like it.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Thanks all... Any one know if I can bring two burritos on the plane. My niece is home sick for these local burritos she grew up with.