WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What type of Trailer Guides do YOU use?

jgruberman

Reaction score
Pics? What type of trailer guide on system do you use for your pontoon? What works best for you in what dock/wind conditions, etc? I'm in the market for a new guide system... currently using an outside bumper guide, but it got bent so debating if there is a better/easier solution.

lenmann

Reaction score
I just put a set of these on my new Bennington's trailer. Game changer, especially if there is any kind of breeze. Some guys take the guide poles off after adding the guides, I just haven't got around to it yet and it works fine with them.

35A99C51-E460-4906-A3E1-9CA49EB44653.jpeg

Here is a good thread on the subject.

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ Those are the ones to have. I only pull the toon once a year so I don't worry about guides. If I was launching and retrieving all the time, I would have guides put on the trailer. The lack of draft, and the reaction to wind makes a toon more difficult to load than a glass boat. They tend to float around on top of the bunks even if the trailer is shallow.

jgruberman

Reaction score
I just put a set of these on my new Bennington's trailer. Game changer, especially if there is any kind of breeze. Some guys take the guide poles off after adding the guides, I just haven't got around to it yet and it works fine with them.

View attachment 898358
Here is a good thread on the subject.

I assume they'd be the same guides for only two pontoons, just without the middle tri-toon bunk?

SLT Kota

Reaction score
My sun tracker OEM trailer has guides similar to the ones pictured above and they work great for lining the boat up.