WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What was the total carnage of the weekend?

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Wow these people are lucky to be alive. It must have been something to see it when it happened.

I bet some real perspective will be had by these people not mention a pontoon boat in their future.

Sbarry

Reaction score
I was trying to get ahold of one of our contractors. Ends up he was involved in a boating accident over the weekend. Thought he was going to have back surgery but was released today.

I wasn't able to talk to him, just his office manager and sr. estimator. Sounds like he's pulling through.

I'll find out more when I talk to him.

Scary stuff this weekend. Thank God he's alright.

I'm with RD. I am all about avoiding holiday weekends anymore.

Ends up he was the passenger in the Eliminator in Needles. Doing a lot better today. Driver is in good condition as well.

Lucky guys... Boats can be replaced.

minijeep

Reaction score
DB, what sandbar is that? I was under the impression that it was down near HS, but I cannot place that sandbar.

Our buddy here is involved with all of the salvage and towing duties and sent us this picture after they got it out of the water..... :(

View attachment 564395

No it was just above the main sand bar after Ferguson

Goodtime$

Reaction score
I am assuming the motor flew out of the boat and that is the shit that yard sale around it.

Reaction score
On a positive note, one of the boat sheriffs was just in the shop getting some parts and we got to talking. He said this year was very mellow. DUIs were down and the majority of the boaters they pulled over had a driver that was stone sober. I think social media and forums play a huge roll in everyone knowing more about the accidents and dumb things that happen.

Be safe out there

lbhsbz

Reaction score
carbs off, distributor out, vacuum pump off etc. just seems odd to me

The distributor would have the top busted off, and there probably wouldn't be 8 relatively straight carb studs if it all came off in the impact.

Odd.

j-bone

Reaction score
DB, what sandbar is that? I was under the impression that it was down near HS, but I cannot place that sandbar.

Our buddy here is involved with all of the salvage and towing duties and sent us this picture after they got it out of the water..... :(

View attachment 564395

John, this occurred on the sandbar we were on Saturday and Sunday. It was the second sandbar past the no ski buoys going up river. We never went farther than that. The first sandbar was packed and was full of the younger crowd. The second sandbar was mostly families and pets. The sandbar is very shallow (3-6 inches) nearly all the way to the CA side. There is a shallow channel close to the reeds that a few boats passed through. Throughout the day, a few high HP boats did a few passes with no problems. I wasn't there when it occurred, we get off the water early on big weekends. But I know it was the same sandbar because on Sunday morning we found some parts of a u-joint and random metal pieces in the shallow water on the CA side of the sandbar.

I'm glad we were gone, the motor in the pic looks like it is resting where out canopy was set up.

Hope this clears things up and I hope everyone makes a full recovery. They are very lucky to be alive.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Well with a heavy heart. I lost a super close friend Sunday morning at Riverland. His name is Rando he has been staying at Riverland as long as my family has been there. We both started in little 19ft trailers aka the cubes then both became residents​. We were partying Thursday, Friday Saturday having our usual Memorial weekend at Riverland nothing different. He was healthy, strong and he can hang with all of us. No car accident no boating accident just tomorrow never came
All I can say is love your people today because tomorrow doesn't come for some.

RIP The Rando

Rando with the green cup.
This is Rando with me doing my usual selfy which is the last picture I took with him on Friday night FB_IMG_1496203109045.jpg IMG_20170526_211152882.jpg

Sbarry

Reaction score
Well with a heavy heart. I lost a super close friend Sunday morning at Riverland. His name is Rando he has been staying at Riverland as long as my family has been there. We both started in little 19ft trailers aka the cubes then both became residents​. We were partying Thursday, Friday Saturday having our usual Memorial weekend at Riverland nothing different. He was healthy, strong and he can hang with all of us. No car accident no boating accident just tomorrow never came

RIP The Rando

This is Rando with me doing my usual selfy which is the last picture I took with him on Friday night View attachment 564457 View attachment 564458

Sorry for your loss [emoji17]

jet496

Reaction score
A friend of ours husband had a heart attack & died coming out of a bar at Fishers or Martinez. RIP Kyle.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Friend WMC and the rest of the Riverland crew. RIP Rando. River Friends are like Family.

Reactions: Wmc

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
registered USCG, DOT boat builders just (today) received 'USGC Boating safety circular #90' "How to report manufacturing defects" .

OH, I got mine !

Once in a lifetime 'instant showcase' as to how little the customers know about what the builders go thru .

The USCG actually downloaded an 'application form' for me to offer/give my past customers, if any of them had 'defect questions' on my products, in the past 10 years .

So, if any of my past customers (only under the past 10 years by law) have had problems with my whole boat products, you need to get a form from me .

I must help you fill out the form, so that you can try to fuck me in the ass, in court .

Being one of the few 'old timers' who has product liability, I find this USCG report to be one more reason for all 'boat related companies' to RAISE their prices .

Where in a real world is anyone/business REQUIRED to offer a path for their customers to turn around and take legal action against them ?

JUST REMEMBER ! These 'forms' are not limited to catastrophic problems, they go all the way down to 'locker doors that rattle' .

Who wants to be a custom boat builder ??????

RVRKID

Reaction score

RIP The Rando

This is Rando with me doing my usual selfy which is the last picture I took with him on Friday night View attachment 564457 View attachment 564458

Sorry for your loss, horrible ending to what sounded like a great weekend.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

RIP The Rando

I'm sorry to hear that William. I think I met him once or twice over the years, he looks familiar. His family and friends are in our thoughts. :(

Taboma

Reaction score
registered USCG, DOT boat builders just (today) received 'USGC Boating safety circular #90' "How to report manufacturing defects" .

OH, I got mine !

Once in a lifetime 'instant showcase' as to how little the customers know about what the builders go thru .

The USCG actually downloaded an 'application form' for me to offer/give my past customers, if any of them had 'defect questions' on my products, in the past 10 years .

So, if any of my past customers (only under the past 10 years by law) have had problems with my whole boat products, you need to get a form from me .

I must help you fill out the form, so that you can try to fuck me in the ass, in court .

Being one of the few 'old timers' who has product liability, I find this USCG report to be one more reason for all 'boat related companies' to RAISE their prices .

Where in a real world is anyone/business REQUIRED to offer a path for their customers to turn around and take legal action against them ?

JUST REMEMBER ! These 'forms' are not limited to catastrophic problems, they go all the way down to 'locker doors that rattle' .

Who wants to be a custom boat builder ??????

Based on nothing more than the sliver of your life you've posted here on RDP, I wasn't given the impression you've been actively rolling out boats after 2007. Interesting information regardless, I get your point and certainly for more than a few builders, this could be huge !! I wonder if the "Oh, they all do that" excuse will suffice ?

Your ad here

Reaction score
carbs off, distributor out, vacuum pump off etc. just seems odd to me

Probably grabbing their valuable stuff before it gets picked by someone else at the salvage yard. That engine does look to be nice even though its laying in the sand.

Joker

Reaction score
RIP Rando. Sorry for the loss of your friend William.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Based on nothing more than the sliver of your life you've posted here on RDP, I wasn't given the impression you've been actively rolling out boats after 2007. Interesting information regardless, I get your point and certainly for more than a few builders, this could be huge !! I wonder if the "Oh, they all do that" excuse will suffice ?

I've built and delivered 4 boats since living here, but more importantly will be building more new boats soon .

I've stayed 'up to date' with the DOT, U.S.C.G., and now the EPA smog shit, so I could keep my HIN number code valid .

I wanted to have some of my 12' boats in the water last year, but the 'glass shop guy' couldn't stay out of jail, so I'll just do the glass work myself too . It just takes time .........

So anyway, now the USCG is providing a 'complaint form' for people who 'question any part' of any recreational vessel . NICE ..............

This is above and beyond the normal "USCG defect recall lists" . (which I've never been on since my HIN began in 1982)

Reactions: ACS

Englewood

Reaction score

RIP The Rando

I'm probably crazy but I keep wondering that if he went to Fox's with us that night would anything have changed??? Such a bummer. I only knew him for 2 years and he was one of the absolute coolest guys you could ever meet.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I'm probably crazy but I keep wondering that if he went to Fox's with us that night would anything have changed??? Such a bummer. I only knew him for 2 years and he was one of the absolute coolest guys you could ever meet.
I've been asking myself that same question since Sunday morning

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Not to pry, but was it sleep apnea or a heart attack or something?

RD
We aren't sure until autopsy. She found him unresponsive on the toilet. They worked on him for 45 min and never brought him back.

Singleton

Reaction score
We aren't sure until autopsy. She found him unresponsive on the toilet. They worked on him for 45 min and never brought him back.

One of the signs of a heart attack is feeling like you have to take a dump. Found my grandmother on the toilet one morning and while we passed on the autopsy, her doctor and the coroner both said most likely heart attack. The both commented feeling like you have a go to the bathroom is a sign.

RIP to your friend. Thoughts with his family and friends.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
One of the signs of a heart attack is feeling like you have to take a dump. Found my grandmother on the toilet one morning and while we passed on the autopsy, her doctor and the coroner both said most likely heart attack. The both commented feeling like you have a go to the bathroom is a sign.

WMC, RIP to your friend as well.

Not to make light Singleton, but you just ruined my morning dumps.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

I'm never taking a dump again or passing waffles in the no passing zone.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score

RIP The Rando

RIP to your friend Rando, sorry for your loss man....you ain't kidding about love your people...nothing is for certain.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Sorry William. Thats just awful. 🙁

cofooter

Reaction score
A Lake Havasu City man was arrested May 26 after police say he drove a black Mercedes SUV into the lake near Body Beach.

Zackery C. Harker, 22, faces a felony aggravated DUI charge when he was found to be under the influence at the scene.

Witnesses told police they saw Harker driving recklessly on the beach while drinking beer before driving into the water. The car then got stuck in four to five feet of water and Harker climbed out of the sunroof to escape. His blood alcohol content when measured by police was .198 percent and .205 percent.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
A Lake Havasu City man was arrested May 26 after police say he drove a black Mercedes SUV into the lake near Body Beach.

Zackery C. Harker, 22, faces a felony aggravated DUI charge when he was found to be under the influence at the scene.

Witnesses told police they saw Harker driving recklessly on the beach while drinking beer before driving into the water. The car then got stuck in four to five feet of water and Harker climbed out of the sunroof to escape. His blood alcohol content when measured by police was .198 percent and .205 percent.
Ouch! That felony dui is going to hurt more than he realizes.