WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What was your favorite payment??

Jaycrash450

Reaction score
Our pool guy, best $110 a month spent! Pool is always amazing and ready to go. If you’ve ever taken care of a pool yourself then you will understand. most pool guys are barely capable, they’re like women, when you find a good one, keep ‘em.

lantz

Reaction score
Student loans. Not a whole bunch, just for grad school, but they're long gone.

rrrr

Reaction score
The most frivolous? My $245 payment for a new 1973 Trans Am 455 Super Duty. I had saved almost half the $5,400 purchase price, and my Dad signed for the loan. I was 16, and overflowing with stupidity.

But damn that thing was fun to drive. It was the last of the 60s/70s muscle cars. In a totally different direction than usual, I optimized the suspension and brakes for handling. Had a great time driving it on mountain roads around the Santa Fe and Cibola National Forests.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Last fill up in the Fountain. Took out a mortgage and sold the first born. Twin HP 500 strokers . . . it was worth it😀

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Amazing, I did the same in 74, 69 Z/28
Paid 1150.00, 63.00 month. Forget what the down was.

That’s awesome, you and I know there were pretty easy to find for sale mine was orange with white stripes. Mike I have regrets selling it. Oh to be young again.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Mine was my 86 GT Mustang. Bought it brand new.

I freaking Loved that car! I smiled Every time I wrote the check out to make that payment! 😁

Anyone else ever feel like that? 🤔
I paid cash for everything I own including this baby; except for the Harley. I miss her but wouldnt have it any other way.
20170831_132353.jpg
20210323_200100.jpg

there was a small incident with the Excursion but that was settled too

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Favorite toy? Well I have 2.
I married a CPA so financing toys was clearly a no go. So pay as you go…
Commissioned Carson to build our 21’ in 1990,by the time it was completed, about a year, boat was paid off. Still have it today

6DD92366-FFE3-48BF-BA39-62DDCEBA5DC3.jpeg

in 2005 commission Kent to buildd our Lothringer 4 seat Pre Runner. About a year later was paid off when the build was complete. Still have it today
love every dime spent and no interest!

D7C26190-E8F0-4CE5-AE7D-A809E83B0000.jpeg

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
2003 30ft class c motorhome! It’s how we spend most of our family vacations and getaways. We’ve been all over the place in this thing and no plans to sell it anytime. Most of the time it’s taking us to the river, beaches or desert. Looking forward to longer trips with it now that the kids are a little older.

C76B0E25-EBA0-4706-8F8D-232A175A53CF.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Mine was my 86 GT Mustang. Bought it brand new.

I freaking Loved that car! I smiled Every time I wrote the check out to make that payment! 😁

Anyone else ever feel like that? 🤔
everyone that didn't come with a payment book.. and the last payment on the house we live in now..

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
The last payment we paid on a 1985 SR5 Toyota 4x4 that had been stolen two years earlier. Long story. When I was 19 (1989) Angie and I bought our first truck on credit. She was an idiot because we were only engaged at the time. We could only get FGS insurance because we were kids. FGS went insolvent and we did not know we had no insurance. The Truck got stolen and at the time I was actually living in it. So I was homeless, lost all my tools, and had no insurance. Does God only know why Angie did not bail? I went to the Bank which was a shady finance company and told them the situation. They converted the remainder of the balance to a Non-Secured PG loan and I set out to pay for a truck I did not own. I walked in the last payment and made it in person. The staff told me that they never expected to get a single payment, let alone I would pay it off.

When I make posts about people letting shit Repo or file BK it is because I am hella bitter about people getting away with that crap. Angie and I have always paid every debt no matter what. In return, we just seem to get by and have never really had the baller shit, but we know we are doing better than most. It took me years to accept that reality is never what it seems with many people.

Paying off the last payment on an SBA loan 12 years after the business went under did not make me feel great, I wish I would have just taken the BK as it would have been erased after 7 years. I sometimes wish I could just be a shady fucker and work the system. I am the only one that really gives a crap about some moral obligation it seems, no one else gives two shits about the fact I have paid every debt. Shit did not work out too good for Jamie Lannister in the battle of Kings Landing so maybe Game of throwns has a lesson about getting crushed even if a Lannister always repays it's debt?

Yldboyz

Reaction score
The ability to buy everything with my credit card and make the full payment each month.

DesertFam

Reaction score
First House in phoenix in 97. Brand new 670.00 a month, less then new car payments these days.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
My dad bought one of those brand new. He sure wishes he still had it.

Man no kidding, I was only 19 and just thought I would by another one. I waited way to late for sure.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
I don’t mine making Payments on zero % financing. I just did it on a new Dodge Charger.

I was going to pay cash, but there was no incentive. $1250 x 36 months %.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Took out a loan to buy a 62 Ford galaxy with a hypo 390 in it… Turns out the car had a bad rear end… And the infamous Andy Andrews a car dealer took it back… probably 1965 or 66???…

… I may have taken out a loan from the Litton industries credit union to buy my 67 Volkswagen for $1775… that would’ve been mid 1968…I think???

… otherwise I don’t think I’ve ever made payments on anything else???…

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I have been looking at this thread for a couple of days now trying to think of a payment I was happy to make. Still haven't thought of one. Just plain hate paying interest. Yes I still do it if they money works out in my favor. If it is 0% interest and it doesn't change the price paying cash then why not. Just set it on auto pay and forget it.

JL95

Reaction score
This for me so far. Got it in 2014. If it was dmax i would still have it.
truck.jpg