WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What wood you do?

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
If you came across this bad day bandit in the middle of the lake?

A2D5946A-2334-4577-8EE4-63C52FF6A8B6.jpeg

24B31191-39B0-4933-8DA1-518E3D6C27D7.jpeg

B349BEBB-0C2B-4D76-8A9C-65DC205E18EB.jpeg

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Maybe 8” (about where the the rope is tied off) was sticking out of the water. Floating almost vertically.

I was making my usual run from the back of the Agua Fria that feeds into Lake Pleasant and spotted it a ways out. Thought it was trash but noticed it was unusually stable in the water when I flipped around to snag it. Damn near shocked when I noticed how big the tree trunk was. Gotta keep your head on a swivel!

cofooter

Reaction score
Same thing! Get rid of it, someone could wreck a foot or a prop......

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@cofooter you bring up a conversation we were having yesterday about restricted operations buoys, specifically the no-ski area of the Agua Fria. Question is if your footing (correct term?) from the bar is that still considered a type of water sports that would be restricted in the area?

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Good work, save someone else's day, or trip, by pulling that thing to the shore.

It was a pain in the ass once we got close to shore because of its shear size. Used some the old climbing rope to secure it to a big ass bolder in hopes that it stays put for good.

The area gets pretty bad towards the end of monsoon season but never have I seen what looked like an entire mature tree!

Sherpa

Reaction score
good job!

At lake oroville, on a really wet year when the lake gets filled up there is literally acres and acres of floating debris... to the point you want eeven go much past 15mph...

I've seen oroville non-usable way into july becasue there was sooo much driftwood in the lake that had not been caught by the parks service yet...

cofooter

Reaction score
@cofooter you bring up a conversation we were having yesterday about restricted operations buoys, specifically the no-ski area of the Agua Fria. Question is if your footing (correct term?) from the bar is that still considered a type of water sports that would be restricted in the area?
I would think so for sure

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
CD293462-E41F-40A0-BAE7-F09D9E4EE1B2.jpeg
I pull this T-REX leg bone out of the Long Island sound. It’s hard to judge from pic but it’s about 5’ long and 18” diameter . All I could think of replacing both my drives. Now we use it as a bench for the fire pit

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
That’s a big boy @Drew and I agree about the thought process. I start my sunset cruise not too far from where I found this debris. Usually scooting along at a good clip and making a wide turn too...

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I do the same. I also carry a bunch of old fenders for marking shoals and stuff that isn't already marked. I need to get better at little anchors. The Jet Ski bag anchor things work well, but I usually look for a rock, and that's not a very good solution.

Taboma

Reaction score
My wife would probably want me to find a way to bring it home for yard art.

That'd be ME --- except we'd go searching for driftwood on our PWCs and I'd always strap it, rack it or have my wife tow it back to the beach using HER ski. 😂

Taboma

Reaction score
You don't get the big buck's YouTube $$$$ being a good Samaritan boater and removing Hazards to Navigation, NO WAY.

You park off a couple of hundred feet, then drink beer and wait patiently, camera at the ready for that Speed Racer making his last blast to the launch ramp in the late afternoon staring right into the sun.
For the best angle, you're going to want to be off to the side, so you're not shooting into the sun, or positioned in the potential "Landing Zone".

And yes, those logs you find occasionally on a Havasu beach, were once floating on the lake. I've towed a few and beach them, more common in the winter when the big north winds kick the basin up.