WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What would you do? 97 GMC Dually

97NIGHTHAWK

Reaction score
Have a 97 GMC dually 454 with 150,000 miles. Do not want to get rid of it as it is my hauler and is paid for and runs like a striped ass ape! Problem is leaking oil from valve covers,oil pan, front seal, rear seal. New truck out of the question. Moneys tight but want to get it fixed. Would you rebuild it? Just have all the gaskets replaced? Any reccomendations on a shop in Santa Clarita Valley?

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Have a 97 GMC dually 454 with 150,000 miles. Do not want to get rid of it as it is my hauler and is paid for and runs like a striped ass ape! Problem is leaking oil from valve covers,oil pan, front seal, rear seal. New truck out of the question. Moneys tight but want to get it fixed. Would you rebuild it? Just have all the gaskets replaced? Any reccomendations on a shop in Santa Clarita Valley?

I would drop it off with Barry (Obnoxious here on the boards) he's in Glendora.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

Dump it and buy a dodge diesel

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

wishiknew

Reaction score
Fix the oil leaks truck has at least another 100K IMO

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
That's pretty low mileage to rebuild, no? I would try to find a good local guy that can help you get those leaks fixed for a good price.