WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What would you do?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
So you got a rubber check from a client, and despite trying too contact them it has been almost a week and it still no reply. It' not a big check, but it' not small either.($4600) what would you do if you could not get them on the phone and they are not at home when you tried to talk too then.

82daytona

Reaction score
So you got a rubber check from a client, and despite trying too contact them it has been almost a week and it still no reply. It' not a big check, but it' not small either.($4600) what would you do if you could not get them on the phone and they are not at home when you tried to talk too then.

Look into a pre lien before time is up. Each state is different. You have approximately 2-3 weeks to file from the job completion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDKRXW

Reaction score
PM me for Guido & Luigi's ph. number.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Start a call out thread with his full name. After enough posts, the thread will rise to the top of google searches for said name. This will cause the guy to stumble across the thread, join RDP, and then explain to everyone why his check bounced. RD will meet the guy at the bank to witness the withdraw of a valid cashiers check, and you will be made whole.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
You can send prelim lien, then perfect it, or
I know in many counties in So Cal you can give the check to the DA they will pursue the Check, attach it to drivers license. He gets pulled over or anything - they arrest, and he’ll have to pay Check fee, fine, and go to Check writing school. Not all counties do it. But it’s priceless to send a person to idiot school for being dicks
( did it to a few customers years back, man does it humble cocky ballers on fake budgets )

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Go to their bank and ask for history. If it ever had enough in the account to be valid in the first place!

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Make a Police report on what you did, and what has transpired so far .

LIEN the property, and go back to work for those who are willing to pay .

When the paperwork catches up with reality, your business did not suffer (too much), but you are on solid ground to get "payment with damages", or a lien on the property when and if it sells .

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
One phone call to our Attorney and let him deal with it, while we move on to the next one. My threshold has become shorter the longer I'm in business. I don't have time for the games. To busy wasting time on here.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Best thing to do could not be posted in a public forum. ;)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
One phone call to our Attorney and let him deal with it, while we move on to the next one. My threshold has become shorter the longer I'm in business. I don't have time for the games. To busy wasting time on here.
BTW...I believe it is "Too." :)

Joker

Reaction score

Is Rusty @ Ultra your customer?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Negative ghost rider. "To" as in direction or applied. "Too" as in also or including as well as ownership.

You talk to someone. You had lunch too.

Maybe so, hense...."I believe" ;)

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score

The first two uses of "to" are correct. The third and final "to" should be a "too" instead.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I would try to start out gently and resend the bill and a letter asking for prompt and valid payment.

If no reply then I would certainly pay a visit to the guy's house or place of business.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
In Ohio and SC, you can go to small claims court for under $100.00, get a judgement. gives you the right to lein anything they have, or sweep any accounts you can find. My favorite is to find an employee that needs a few extra denero - offer them $50 to take a picture of their pay stub ( account number is on it) - sweep the account day before payday, get your money, and every check after the first one that bounces will also bounce - big headache/expense to bouncer, much satisfaction to you. Don't waste your time going the nice route - i promise it will just add to your frustration

NicPaus

Reaction score
Isn't writing a bad check and knowing it a Felony? and worth 3 times the amount when you win the case?
No it is a civil matter. Some DAs will go after them and they have to take a class like mentioned above.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Most da will not touch a matter of contract. He one for 58k go be, they knew it would never be good. The da said civil matter. Went too court, won, got 2 garnishments before they stopped working. Lien will be there until they sell or it reahes 40% of the value of the home. At 18% it is not likely too mae it there any time soon.

What sucks is the fact that I can not get a hold of them. If I could I would not worry about it so much.

Joker

Reaction score
Most da will not touch a matter of contract. He one for 58k go be, they knew it would never be good. The da said civil matter. Went too court, won, got 2 garnishments before they stopped working. Lien will be there until they sell or it reahes 40% of the value of the home. At 18% it is not likely too mae it there any time soon.

What sucks is the fact that I can not get a hold of them. If I could I would not worry about it so much.

Ar yu riting yore constructs lyke this's?

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Start a call out thread with his full name. After enough posts, the thread will rise to the top of google searches for said name. This will cause the guy to stumble across the thread, join RDP, and then explain to everyone why his check bounced. RD will meet the guy at the bank to witness the withdraw of a valid cashiers check, and you will be made whole.
Hahhahahaha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
BTW...I believe it is "Too." :)

Negative ghost rider. "To" as in direction or applied. "Too" as in also or including as well as ownership.

You talk to someone. You had lunch too.

It's "Too".....I'm with you Brian;)

You guys are arguing over a sentence that’s grammatically incorrect to begin with. Who’s too busy wasting time? Who’s the object of the sentence?

Xring01

Reaction score
A boat shop in Socal put a mechanics lein on a boat....

Ended up getting the court order stating the boat was his...

Then the shit hit the fan.. The owner was Ca Highway Patrol, came to shop all kinds of pissed off. Made some serious threats, almost got arrested, and almost lost his job over it.

It was a very pricey newer wake board boat..

The lein process took 3-4 months. But it works in Ca. Shop owner ended up with alot more $$$ than the original bill. Cause lawyers got involved...

It was a pain for the shop owner, but he came out pretty good when it was said and done.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
sent the prelien notice this morning, bad news 20 days until I can make it good. I am going too try and cash it on the 3rd. Maybe I get lucky

hallett21

Reaction score
sent the prelien notice this morning, bad news 20 days until I can make it good. I am going too try and cash it on the 3rd. Maybe I get lucky

Why the 3rd? Good feeling?

Tinkerer

Reaction score
when you cash it for the second time it will then be dead if it bounces again.
What I do is go to a branch of the bank the check is written from. I then ask if there are sufficient funds to cash the check.
I do this for a few weeks until I can cash it. works every time for me.
Also IF the check came from a business owner than cash it on APRIL 20 th. He has to pay his quarterly taxes on the 15th or so.

Tinkerer

Reaction score
I would LOVE to get a phone call from some dirtbag that was ignoring my phone calls after writing a bad check to me when I cashed it on APRIL 20th causing his tax check to bounce.
The gov. doesn't screw around with bounced TAX checks.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
25labu.jpg

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Fucking with people's money is a good way to wind up buried in the desert....I almost introduced someone to this theory about 20 years ago....but my folks caught wind of the plan and started contacting the authorities....the police investigator found me before I was able to execute the plan....so unfortunately, the guy ended up in prison before I could do my thing...after we sat down at the table with my 2" thick file on the prick vs the detective's 1/2" thick file....I got my dirtbike back...and unleashed several big money legal depts on the dipshit, but I'd still rather have shoveled dirt over him.

Powermizer

Reaction score
I had a guy who promised his check would be good for services rendered. I new his friend and figured he would be good for it. I was stupid I know. So I went to the bank to cash it, and they tell me not enough funds, since they cant tell you how much is in their account, i just asked if I made a $50 deposit in the account would it cash? (NO) will $75 do it? yes she tells me. It cost me $75 to get my $1200. His friend told me later how screwed he was for bouncing a whole bunch of checks thinking he really had the money. Worth every penny. Little bitch!