WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What would you do?

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
It's hard to say for sure without knowing all of the circumstances, but I would be absolutely pissed! I am constantly looking around while I an driving my boat, and I am always looking to see if a boat is towing something behind then so that I can give space. That was a very close call and could have been bad.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Guy on pontoon is on the wrong side and appears to be cutting across the wake close..

BUT!!

Honestly it’s the captain of the boat who’s towing them that is at fault ultimately if someone got hurt. He is responsible for everyone in his boat and behind. I woulda put the boat between the oncoming traffic if necessary to protect those behind it.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I would have been more pissed off at myself than the pontoon. Don't get me wrong I would want to kill him too but by the time I was done checking on my kids and done blaming myself it would be too late to do anything.

I expect everyone on the water to be a drunk self-absorbed idiot who wants to run into me and it is my job to avoid them and keep my family safe.

Guess who doesn't boat on holiday weekends and hates weekends.... this guy.

Riverryder

Reaction score
At first when I saw that post I thought wtf was the poontoon thinking. But that’s why you have a flagger to watch what your towing and you the captain should be aware of what’s going on. Looked like the captain was looking back not forward. I see it so much. When I tow the kids and I see a boatI either stop or turn away from them. And I also tow in open water or in a cove where no one is.

I see so many people on the stretch of river from needles marina to pirates towing wakeboards, tubes, surfing. And always shake my head as I go by. To narrow and ipeople usually flying down the river if they fall no way anyone will be able to react fast enough to get out of the way.

J.P.

Reaction score
Pontoon was distracted and not watching or he would have seen the tubers behind the boat.

badgas

Reaction score
I would have been more pissed off at myself than the pontoon. Don't get me wrong I would want to kill him too but by the time I was done checking on my kids and done blaming myself it would be too late to do anything.

I expect everyone on the water to be a drunk self-absorbed idiot who wants to run into me and it is my job to avoid them and keep my family safe.

Guess who doesn't boat on holiday weekends and hates weekends.... this guy.

Bingo !

Just like when I walk in a parking lot or cross a street. I assume no one sees me and that they are all going to hit me. I walk behind cars, stop and don't move until they are gone etc.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Years ago I bought a jet ski off of a co-worker, it was my first watercraft of my own. We were at the lake and my BIL wanted to ride it so I let him. He was having a blast and decided he was going to jump a few wakes. The dipshit goes after a wake from a boat pulling a kid on a knee board. Luckily the kid on the knee board let go of the rope and didn't get hit. The ski rope wrapped around the handle bar of the jet ski and tore the fuk out of my BILs hand. He came back in and told me what happened and showed me his hand. I ripped him a new asshole and told him that is what he gets for doing that shit and he has the whole fukn lake to ride, PAY ATTENTION!!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I'd be catching that guy in the pontoon and reading him the riot act. Then, i'd be looking in the mirror asking why I didn't see it coming. Who knows what was happening with path of travel.

Both at fault

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Damn, that was a close call. I want to jump to conclusion.. but agree with Ziggy, why was the tow rope in the line of the toon?

gmnhra

Reaction score
wow...
no reason in the world for that circumstance
looking at shoreline etc. looks like a back east lake
Was at Lake Norman last year for the first time and within 10 minutes had 3 close calls and defensive maneuvers

Friend said.. get use to it no one follows the rules of the road

Baja 252

Reaction score
Wow, that could have been so tragic.

I was sitting on my deck a few years ago and watched a jet ski cut behind a boat pulling a tube, just like the video. The rope hooked on the handlebars of the ski and reeled the tube in towards the ski as the boat pulled the rope. An 8 yr old girl was hurt pretty bad.

In this case I think the prop must have cut the rope, because if the rope hooked on the lower unit the same thing would have happened.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Can’t say what I would do because I’d never be in that position.
There is NO WAY that would have ever happened with me pulling my kids around.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Spin around, drop an adult with the kids and proceed to earn my way into a prison cell. Hopefully the adrenaline would wear off before that all went down, but initial reaction, that's where it would go.