WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whatever happened to that Shockwave ...

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
29' Magnatude that was purchased / built new by a rock star, I think he played with Korn. I remember seeing the boat at the LA show years ago, it was black. I've always wondered what that boat looks like now, if he still owns it, or if it was even used.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
You are talking about the black 29 with blue flames, twin 500 EFIs, correct?

I'm pretty sure the guy from Korn sold it off, and it was up for sale at least one time after that.

It was a really cool boat, but impractical as hell being almost solid black. I have no idea where it ended up or what condition it is in now.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
You are talking about the black 29 with blue flames, twin 500 EFIs, correct?

I'm pretty sure the guy from Korn sold it off, and it was up for sale at least one time after that.

It was a really cool boat, but impractical as hell being almost solid black. I have no idea where it ended up or what condition it is in now.

Just like his all black HTM that he had before that. Solid black interior as well. Impractical but looked so bad ass!! Did'nt stop them from partying out in the middle of Thompsons Bay in the middle of one summer.

John

better member
Reaction score
It was out on Folsom Lake a few years back.

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
This one? I ran into this a guy a few years ago and asked him if the boat got hot in the sun....he said not at all, meanwhile his wife was standing behind him shaking her head emphatically up and down.:D

Attachments

• shockwavepics004.jpg
    shockwavepics004.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 854
  • shockwavepics003.jpg
    shockwavepics003.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 859

PokerRun388

Reaction score
This one? I ran into this a guy a few years ago and asked him if the boat got hot in the sun....he said not at all, meanwhile his wife was standing behind him shaking her head emphatically up and down.:D

Can you imagine walking across a black deck? Or sitting in vinyl black interior....I too wonder what the boat looks like today?:hmm..

H2oracer

Reaction score

I checked the temp of the black gell on my boat one hot day and it was 160* while the white was 120*

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
I checked the temp of the black gell on my boat one hot day and it was 160* while the white was 120*

It's one thing to have a black gelcoat but the interior of this boat is ALL BLACK!

Warlock1

Reaction score
An all black boat...hell no. Not only would it be way too hot to touch anything on it, but after seeing that black corvette boat. Can you imagine the scratches and swirl marks in the gel after just one season. UH huh no spank you very much