Gelcoater

Reaction score
And on the subject of BBQ's here,get a load of this.:D

image.jpg

Somehow it has Grads written all over it.:cool

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Looks damn good:thumbsup

Not to underscore the ribs or cornbread but..

Tell us about those greens.Is it a salad?Is it a slaw?
What all is in it?
Looks light and refreshing.:thumbsup

It's a chopped bag salad that the wife likes.

I thought it was ok but I tend to not love ranch based dressings.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1468434819209.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1468434845976.jpg

Pronstar's legit fried rice recipe

First thing:
Buy a rice cooker. Seriously. Asians don't waste time cooking it on a stove top...be like Asians [emoji5]
$30 on Amazon will get you started, they're all about the same so don't waste money on a pricey one.

Buy normal long-grain white rice, not the instant kind.
Rinse it once or twice in cold water to get rid of excess starch so it's not sticky. Put it in the rice cooker, equal parts rice and water...and a splash or two extra water. Too much water isn't good, as the grains won't separate. I usually make two cups of rice, because I don't have industrial-sized cookware.

While the rice cooks, it's time to prep the ingredients.
Just add things that you like to eat...here's what I prefer:
Scrambled eggs, 3 or 4
About a quarter white onion, sliced
2 or 3 green onions, diced
A bit of sesame seeds
Meat, sliced ribeye or another fatty cut is what i like. Pics below are short rib, no bones. But any meat will do, pork chicken etc.
Soy sauce (tamari for me since I can't have gluten)
Japanese togsrashi seasoning
Siracha
Pepper
Baby boy choy
Serrano pepper or two, sliced thin

Stir fry the veggies together to taste, in olive oil and a splash of soy sauce. Don't overdo it. Set aside.

Stir fry the meat in soy sauce and olive oil. Season to taste. I usually use pepper and Japanese togsrashi. Don't overcook, leave it rare-ish because it will continue to cook in the rice (see next steps). Keep a bit of the liquid in the pan, it will add to the rice's flavor. But not too much or it will be soggy. Set aside.

Rice should be done now. Place it in a heated pan or skillet or wok or whatever, stir fry in olive oil. Don't be shy about the oil - it keeps the grains from sticking and makes cookware easier to clean. Add soy sauce and season to taste. I eyeball the soy sauce - when the rice is the same color as fried rice you've eaten before, that's the right amount. No need to overcook the rice here, just get it so that it's consistent in seasoning and color.

Now simply add the other ingredients to the rice, and mix it all up. Same pan, just turn off the heat. The rice will still be hot and will continue to cook stuff buried in it, so keep things moving for a bit until it cools down.

It's now eady to eat.
Add Sriracha or chili paste if you want some spice.

I know this is a loosey-goosey recipe, but it's hard to fuck up fried rice.
Good rice + quality ingredients is the key.
Experiment to figure out what you like best, and don't over think it.

There's a lot of flavors going on, so go easy on the seasonings while cooking, you can add more later if you want.

This recipe also works great for stir-fried noodles. Just replace the rice with noodles, spaghetti noodles or even Top Ramen noodles will do. Cook to al dente. Asian stir fry is easy, just add shit you like to eat.

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
View attachment 497561

View attachment 497562

Pronstar's legit fried rice recipe

First thing:
Buy a rice cooker. Seriously. Asians don't waste time cooking it on a stove top...be like Asians [emoji5]
$30 on Amazon will get you started, they're all about the same so don't waste money on a pricey one.

Buy normal long-grain white rice, not the instant kind.
Rinse it once or twice in cold water to get rid of excess starch so it's not sticky. Put it in the rice cooker, equal parts rice and water...and a splash or two extra water. Too much water isn't good, as the grains won't separate. I usually make two cups of rice, because I don't have industrial-sized cookware.

While the rice cooks, it's time to prep the ingredients.
Just add things that you like to eat...here's what I prefer:
Scrambled eggs, 3 or 4
About a quarter white onion, sliced
2 or 3 green onions, diced
A bit of sesame seeds
Meat, sliced ribeye or another fatty cut is what i like. Pics below are short rib, no bones. But any meat will do, pork chicken etc.
Soy sauce (tamari for me since I can't have gluten)
Japanese togsrashi seasoning
Siracha
Pepper
Baby boy choy
Serrano pepper or two, sliced thin

Stir fry the veggies together to taste, in olive oil and a splash of soy sauce. Don't overdo it. Set aside.

Stir fry the meat in soy sauce and olive oil. Season to taste. I usually use pepper and Japanese togsrashi. Don't overcook, leave it rare-ish because it will continue to cook in the rice (see next steps). Keep a bit of the liquid in the pan, it will add to the rice's flavor. But not too much or it will be soggy. Set aside.

Rice should be done now. Place it in a heated pan or skillet or wok or whatever, stir fry in olive oil. Don't be shy about the oil - it keeps the grains from sticking and makes cookware easier to clean. Add soy sauce and season to taste. I eyeball the soy sauce - when the rice is the same color as fried rice you've eaten before, that's the right amount. No need to overcook the rice here, just get it so that it's consistent in seasoning and color.

Now simply add the other ingredients to the rice, and mix it all up. Same pan, just turn off the heat. The rice will still be hot and will continue to cook stuff buried in it, so keep things moving for a bit until it cools down.

It's now eady to eat.
Add Sriracha or chili paste if you want some spice.

I know this is a loosey-goosey recipe, but it's hard to fuck up fried rice.
Good rice + quality ingredients is the key.
Experiment to figure out what you like best, and don't over think it.

There's a lot of flavors going on, so go easy on the seasonings while cooking, you can add more later if you want.

This recipe also works great for stir-fried noodles. Just replace the rice with noodles, spaghetti noodles or even Top Ramen noodles will do. Cook to al dente. Asian stir fry is easy, just add shit you like to eat.

I've always wanted a recipe for this! Thank you!

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Crock pot ribs...bbq and my specialty, salt and pepper ribs coated in a frosty beer! I will update the finished product in about 5 hours!
IMG_5932.jpg

They gone, right off the bone.
IMG_5933.jpg

One salt and pepper left.
IMG_5934.jpg

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Crock pot ribs...bbq and my specialty, salt and pepper ribs coated in a frosty beer! I will update the finished product in about 5 hours!
View attachment 509525

They gone, right off the bone.
View attachment 509574

One salt and pepper left.
View attachment 509575

Since I am at of the house about 12 hours a day, I want to start cooking in the crockpot so food is waiting for me. Your rib dish looks perfect, what did you do liquid wise for this, the bbq sauce and any stock? Water? I appreciate any tips.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Since I am at of the house about 12 hours a day, I want to start cooking in the crockpot so food is waiting for me. Your rib dish looks perfect, what did you do liquid wise for this, the bbq sauce and any stock? Water? I appreciate any tips.

BBQ sauce only, spread across the bottom of the pot and then brushed on each section of ribs as you add them. I add extra BBQ sauce once they hit my plate.

Same with the salt and pepper ribs. Beer across the bottom and then pour and brush a little beer on each section of ribs, salt and pepper to taste after the beer has been applied.

Both recipes fall off the bone. 12 hours is a long time...the longest I have done is 6 hours on low.

If you have a crock pot with a timer, it should be easy.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
BBQ sauce only, spread across the bottom of the pot and then brushed on each section of ribs as you add them. I add extra BBQ sauce once they hit my plate.

Same with the salt and pepper ribs. Beer across the bottom and then pour and brush a little beer on each section of ribs, salt and pepper to taste after the beer has been applied.

Both recipes fall off the bone. 12 hours is a long time...the longest I have done is 6 hours on low.

If you have a crock pot with a timer, it should be easy.

Correct, I do have one with timer and the "keep warm" feature after that kind of deal. Thanks for the tips :thumbsup

yz450mm

Reaction score
Throw a shot or two of whiskey or bourbon in there with the ribs next time.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Did some leg quarters in the offset for dinner last night. :thumbsup

Attachments

• Leg Q's.jpg
    Leg Q's.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 157

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Cornbread stuff pork chops, roasted root veggies. Last dinner with the gf for a while, her shift is changing.

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
Yes I did them in the crock pot

For the pot:
2 Oranges squeezed
2 Limes squeezed
1 14.5oz Chicken Broth
1 Onion rough cut
4-5 Garlic cloves crushed

For the Meat (pork shoulder aka pork butt)
3 tbl spoons Kosher salt
1 tbl spoon cumin
1 tbl spoon Oregano leaves
1 tbl spoon black pepper

I had a 7lb bone in butt. So I cut in half for surface area. Next time i will rub the night before.
Get a nice Hot pan and brown well on all sides. Then into a crock pot for @7-8 hours on low. I shredded on to an aluminum foil lined
baking sheet and put in a 375 deg. oven to get it crispy. I did in batches as needed.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Carne Asada burritos on the griddle. All meat with cilantro and white onion. Damn good
IMG_1006.jpg IMG_1007.jpg

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Breakfast this morning was brisket and egg burritos. The brisket was left overs from one that I smoked on patty's day.
IMG_1009.jpg

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Kinda bummed I'm not out at the river....so I decided to treat myself to a little bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. Sous vide @ 130? for an hour and sear'd with a torch. Amazing to say the least IMG_20170504_060416.jpg