WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whats it worth? Ram 3500

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Going to part ways with my baby, 2012 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Dually. Just bought a motorhome and got rid of the toyhauler so no need for it any more. I KBB it and it came back 42-46K for trade in value which I thought was pretty damn high? I only have 41.3K miles on it and am the original owner. What is a reasonable asking price? I have not sold a vehicle private property in years, I usually just bend over and take it to the dealer and trade it in. I'm looking to get a used/newer year F150.
Dually.jpg

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I would say 35 ish, but people pay stupid money for trucks these days

Beerme

Reaction score
Trim? Leather? 4x4?

Big Horn, no leather, but interior is pretty immaculate, and it is 4x4. I can post pics later of interior.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Non-def truck with the 4-link front. That low of mileage should be 40k+... I think the KBB is accurate, find a dealer that will pay. Or maybe even a small dealer like the ones that post on here. What gears? Lots of guys looking for that rig. Maybe post on DTX or the other cummins forums...

Beerme

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info! Traded it in yesterday[emoji51]

probablecause

Reaction score
I'll give you 25k. Knowing it is going to a good family that is leaving California and moving to Idaho.

Beerme

Reaction score
I'll give you 25k. Knowing it is going to a good family that is leaving California and moving to Idaho.
Thanks for the offer. I found a truck I like and traded it in. They gave me 32.5K so I was pretty happy.

Beerme

Reaction score
So its been a few weeks since I've been in my new to me F150 and all I can say is hot diggity its fun! Filled it up for the first time and it's nice to see the computer say 506 miles until empty:D I really wasn't looking to get a truck with all the bells and whistles, but now that I do, i'm glad my wife let me:D
New truck.jpg
New truck 2.jpg

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Congrats! Sport package right? How do you like the seats?

probablecause

Reaction score
What size engine? I was looking at an FX4 that had the V6 twin turbo.

Beerme

Reaction score
Congrats! Sport package right? How do you like the seats?
The seats are comfy as all hell. Really like the lumbar support and the seat heaters in this cold are nice. The seats also have air conditioning, but I have not tried it yet.

Beerme

Reaction score
What size engine? I was looking at an FX4 that had the V6 twin turbo.
It has the 3.5 turbo which is really damn nice. I thought about both the regular v6 and the 2.7, however I did not want to struggle pulling our boat so I opted for the turbo. I also looked at the v8, however I have a buddy that has had the v8 and turbo and he swears by the turbo.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride and the MH, I wish I saw this add prior...looking for a truck like that and you sold it for a great price that is for sure.

Beerme

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride and the MH, I wish I saw this add prior...looking for a truck like that and you sold it for a great price that is for sure.
Thanks!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
32.5? Are you freaking kidding me? I would have jumped on it for 35k!!!!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I sold my 2012 crew cab not mega, but it was a longhorn. for $39k about 8 months ago. I regret selling it but rarely ever used the truck it just sat most of the time.

Beerme

Reaction score
32.5? Are you freaking kidding me? I would have jumped on it for 35k!!!!
Bummer...i'm an idiot for not waiting around! I just found out they sold it two days later at the dealership. They were asking 42K

Beerme

Reaction score
I sold my 2012 crew cab not mega, but it was a longhorn. for $39k about 8 months ago. I regret selling it but rarely ever used the truck it just sat most of the time.
Damn! It was a great truck for me when I needed it, but yes it too sat for most of the beginning of its life. I just recently had to start commuting in it and the 91 freeway was hell. I also hated getting in and out because I did not have step.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Bummer...i'm an idiot for not waiting around! I just found out they sold it two days later at the dealership. They were asking 42K

Dam I would have got a deal and you could have got a couple grand more in your pocket. Could have been a win win!