WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

what's it worth?

badluck

Reaction score
What do you outboard guys think a 1998 2.5 260 efi with a sportmaster and a simon alt kit is worth? It needs 1 piston and a renic or sleeve.It's never seen saltwater and always garaged.

TAF

Reaction score
I don't think there's anyone here qualified to answer your question:hmm. I asked 2 or 3 simple questions about outboards and no one answered.
Good luck:(

redrockerfan

4dofflows
Reaction score
I would say aboud $8000-$9000. It will be hard to sale a 2.5 that needs to be rebuilt.Its a good set up. Would be killer on my Mod V tunnel. I have a 220 Merc now but i was looking for a 2.5 last year. Now I have it for sale. So It wouldent do me any good. good luck with the sale.:beer

What kind of question do you have TAF? Maybe I can help?

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
What do you outboard guys think a 1998 2.5 260 efi with a sportmaster and a simon alt kit is worth? It needs 1 piston and a renic or sleeve.It's never seen saltwater and always garaged.

Given it needs a sleeve and plate job, it's not worth a lot. I think the estimates in this thread are a little high but close.

The guys on Scream & Fly will buy it if you put a piston and sleeve in it but I would be cautious. The reason for my caution would be concern for what caused the bad hole. It would be a waste to put a sleeve, piston, rings, plate the entire thing, hone, build up, etc... to have it pop another hole in there again.

Any idea what caused the bad piston? Did you lose a pin and hammer the hole?

sorry dog

Reaction score
Given it needs a sleeve and plate job, it's not worth a lot. I think the estimates in this thread are a little high but close.

The guys on Scream & Fly will buy it if you put a piston and sleeve in it but I would be cautious.

Buy it they will.

The ScreamandFly motto: Break in time only