WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's it worth?

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.๐Ÿ˜
Reaction score
'05 KTM 525 MXC.

Trying to decide if it's worth keeping, selling, or trade it off for something else before it becomes an antique.

IMG_7546 - Edited.jpg
IMG_7540 - Edited.jpg
IMG_7549 - Edited.jpg
IMG_7548 - Edited.jpg

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I just spent a solid 6 weeks looking for something like that. I ended up actually looking at XRs and ended up with a sweet DRZ400 with a AZ plate for $3k. All the KTMs were over $5K and the EXCs went very fast. I dont think I saw any plated MXCs, but I'm in So Cal.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have seen that before.

Wheeler

Reaction score
I have seen that before.

Would you like to borrow it before I trade it off for something else I don't need? :)

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Would you like to borrow it before I trade it off for something else I don't need? :)
I would but haven't had time. If you still have it when I do I would.

Nordie

Reaction score
This is exactly what I've been looking for, unfortunately the timing is off for me.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Those RFS motors are bulletproof. I have one, but unfortunately I have zero idea what its worth. I would assume a plated 525 would be pretty desireable though. I really like mine!

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark ๐Ÿ˜ข
Reaction score
I was watching this guys show last night he has vintage motorcycles. kaplancycles.com

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Iโ€™d say right around $3500. Nice bike. Electric start and the RSF motor is a good combo. With a few maintenance updates, those motors are bulletproof.

1homeblown

Reaction score
Great bike. I love my 07 525 EXC. I GOT A SET OF 17โ€ excels with street tires for some Supermoto fun. Took it out on the street, did some hooligan shit and took them back off. LOL
Way too much fun and easy to get into trouble. Iโ€™ll stick to the dirt.
GLWTS Wheeler! Iโ€™m watching this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Yeah the things going for that era KTM are the motor the oval frame and cast swing arm. The things going. Against it are the โ€œ link suspensionโ€ I could never get mine right and the open bath front forks very harsh. I had the 06 exc with all the changes to make it a SX plated in Cali and sold it for $4500 10yrs ago and could probably sell it for that now. Iโ€™d say in Cali with plate easy $5000 but not sure on your market. Great bike we did a bunch of trips from Yucaipa to whiskey Peteโ€™s in Primm and back all on dirt and my exc never let me down! But on the track (raced SRA and vet x) and just couldnโ€™t get the suspension right for the track so bought a different bike for racing. Even so sometimes that suspension just felt like hitting a 2foot wall going through the desert in some areas.

Last edited:

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Yeah the things going for that era KTM are the motor the oval frame and cast swing arm. The things going. Against it are the โ€œ link suspensionโ€ I could never get mine right and the open bath front forks very harsh. I had the 06 exc with all the changes to make it a SX plated in Cali and sold it for $4500 10yrs ago and could probably sell it for that now. Iโ€™d say in Cali with plate easy $5000 but not sure on your market. Great bike we did a bunch of trips from Yucaipa to whiskey Peteโ€™s in Primm and back all on dirt and my exc never let me down! But on the track (raced SRA and vet x) and just couldnโ€™t get the suspension right for the track so bought a different bike for racing. Even so sometimes that suspension just felt like hitting a 2foot wall going through the desert in some areas.

This /\ ... no way on $3500. Covid pricing at least 5000 to 5500. I was at the KTM dealer couple days ago and the Neumanns are gone for $12,000+

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Reaction score
They are all the rage for mountain sled conversions right now. Advertise on a sled forum and probably get close to $5500-$5000

CLdrinker

Reaction score
$3500๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ it would sell in a few minutes for that.
I just sold a 2017 CRF50 for $1800 in 1 day.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I would think that's a $2500-$3000 max bike. But with 2020 you never know. I paid $1700 for my 2005 YZ450 a year ago and its clean with GYTR full exhaust, upgraded suspension, desert tank, sprocket set, Renthal Bars etc. But allot has happened in a year.

Wheeler

Reaction score
This is exactly what I've been looking for, unfortunately the timing is off for me.

I stuffed it back in the hangar, check back with me in ten years. ;)

Wheeler

Reaction score
@Wheeler i will post the rest of my glamis pics for that bike if you wanna trade lol

You appear to be a real cool kat and we should keep you around a bit longer. Now if we could get Grads to post 'em. ๐Ÿค”

Wheeler

Reaction score
Antique? Jeezus Wheeler, 2005 is new, it just happened. Quit making me feel old.

The newest thing I own is the gallon of milk I bought last night ...that reminds me, I need to clean the fridge out as I'm sure I have somethings in there that older than this bike. :oops:

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I donโ€™t think my pricing is too far off.

You posted a 04 with the older frame know to crack and swing arm and a 09 that isnโ€™t a RSF motor. The 05-07 are the RSF motor and kinda have a cult following like the 7.3 ford. The 09 has a newer motor with known problems and some reliability issues. His is also the mxc so bigger carb lighter flywheel and a couple other things I canโ€™t remember that made it a little better than the EXC.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
You posted a 04 with the older frame know to crack and swing arm and a 09 that isnโ€™t a RSF motor. The 05-07 are the RSF motor and kinda have a cult following like the 7.3 ford. The 09 has a newer motor with known problems and some reliability issues. His is also the mxc so bigger carb lighter flywheel and a couple other things I canโ€™t remember that made it a little better than the EXC.

i know exactly what I posted. I ride with a lot of guys that are all about KTMโ€™s. And no way will that bike bring more than an 09. A buddy JUST his 07, WITH a full set of supermoto wheels and a big brake kit as a bonus, and he got under 5K. Just my opinion.

kiethco

Reaction score
The MXC has a different tank/seat than the EXC. The MXC has a different transmission than the EXC. The MXC is more of a desert hauler, longer legged. If the bike is still fresh, meaning fresh valves or low hours, $4500.00 is the price I'd be looking for. Above 5K and you're into the next generation after 2007. As stated above the RFS motor is becoming sought after due to the unbeliebeable reliability. Gil Busick had over 60k on his RFS motor a few years back.

Wheeler

Reaction score
The MXC has a different tank/seat than the EXC. The MXC has a different transmission than the EXC. The MXC is more of a desert hauler, longer legged. If the bike is still fresh, meaning fresh valves or low hours, $4500.00 is the price I'd be looking for. Above 5K and you're into the next generation after 2007. As stated above the RFS motor is becoming sought after due to the unbeliebeable reliability. Gil Busick had over 60k on his RFS motor a few years back.
Thanks for the info.!

Wheeler

Reaction score
$3500๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ it would sell in a few minutes for that.
I just sold a 2017 CRF50 for $1800 in 1 day.
I'll give 3500 a try but the bubble might have burst on old KTM sale prices. :)

Wheeler

Reaction score
I would say it's worth even more now Wheeler!

Probably worth 6k IMO.
I'll find a facebook page dedicated to this engine. ...right after I mount my new plugged up tyres on the Stang. ๐Ÿ˜

Wheeler

Reaction score
Is it still for sale?
after my brother brought it back I put it back in the Hangar and covered it up. I might take it to Cali. and go for a ride before it gets to hot. Hope it don't kill me!

Nordie

Reaction score
Yeah, it's for sale. I gave it to my Brother and his wife called and bitched me out. If I needed that kinda shit I woulda married her!
I'm in a meeting, I'll PM you in a bit

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
after my brother brought it back I put it back in the Hangar and covered it up. I might take it to Cali. and go for a ride before it gets to hot. Hope it don't kill me!
It is easy to ride has lots of low end power to lug you around.