WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WHATS MORE UNBELIVABLE???

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Or shops in Havasu without the time in April to handle a steering issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you check with Iguana Marine. They called and left me a message a couple weeks ago saying I was due for a service and to call back to schedule.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
THE price of boats today,.... or the sold sign a couple days later..... might as well throw houses in the same pile

100% agree.
I've said before....if you need to de-clutter, there will never be a better time than right now.

Last edited:

702sandman

Reaction score
i Thought everything was for sale because of Biden ? 😂😂😂 looks like everything is moving right along and everyone isn’t skipping a beat 🤷🏼‍♂️

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
how about try'n to find furniture in havasu???? 2-3 mo. wait,... nothing in stock... bought a fridge a month ago,... won't get it till may 5, if it shows,... so maybe longer....

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
For sure,shit can this potentially interesting thread and spend the rest of the evening reading a fucked up thread about “Net Worth”
WTF,RDP the last place anybody concerned about Net Worth these days.Right up there with marriage advice. LoL.
How you doin Steve? 👍

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
For sure,shit can this potentially interesting thread and spend the rest of the evening reading a fucked up thread about “Net Worth”
WTF,RDP the last place anybody concerned about Net Worth these days.Right up there with marriage advice. LoL.
How you doin Steve? 👍
doing great.... how bout you??? hope all is well.... what I'm looking at is the huge inflation that is going on un noticed... dollar net worth has dropped about 50%.... some thing needs to correct this and quick or the dollar bill will be like a penny... day laborers in vegas want 200 cash to come work in your yard in vegas right now... 100k has the buying power of about 50k in the last year....cash and R.E. go hand in hand but at differant times... when R.E goes up,... don't buy.... when it comes back down.... and it will buy then,... I have a house that I just finished in havasu, not for sale, and people are offering crazy amounts...cash buyers...I don't wanna go through the process to build another.... ever... I'm done...so who cares what it worth... I'm just wonderring how much further the inflation will go??? 10k boats are now 25k... 80k boats 160k.... people paying 300k for 29' boats......

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
doing great.... how bout you??? hope all is well.... what I'm looking at is the huge inflation that is going on un noticed... dollar net worth has dropped about 50%.... some thing needs to correct this and quick or the dollar bill will be like a penny... day laborers in vegas want 200 cash to come work in your yard in vegas right now... 100k has the buying power of about 50k in the last year....cash and R.E. go hand in hand but at differant times... when R.E goes up,... don't buy.... when it comes back down.... and it will buy then,... I have a house that I just finished in havasu, not for sale, and people are offering crazy amounts...cash buyers...I don't wanna go through the process to build another.... ever... I'm done...so who cares what it worth... I'm just wonderring how much further the inflation will go??? 10k boats are now 25k... 80k boats 160k.... people paying 300k for 29' boats......

For guys our age, it seems insane.

For the kids on here, it probably seems normal...

My daughter's ex boyfriend went to work straight out of college. He works for Edison. 80k a year for the very real job he's ever had! He's now trying to get into SpaceEx. He has one more interview to go.

My very first real job (40hr work week deal), paid me 2.85pr hour. I thought I was living large! 🤣

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Or shops in Havasu without the time in April to handle a steering issue.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a real bad feeling about this back in January and im sure the shop thought I was crazy, but I scheduled a repair for April.. I just hope we don't have a breakdown at all this year.. When pirates was wall to wall boats in November I knew it was going to be a shitshow come spring.

how about try'n to find furniture in havasu???? 2-3 mo. wait,... nothing in stock... bought a fridge a month ago,... won't get it till may 5, if it shows,... so maybe longer....

We have a remodel going on..materials/appliances etc are just a joke anymore..im staying at a hotel bc of it...I really had hoped to at least have a bedroom/bath to use..im alone this trip. At least ill save on ubers/bus calls lol

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
so the trend seems to be following 1980....... and the fix was the feds raised interest to 19% to stop the inflation...will that happen again,...?????
Hey Steve, how are you and Sue? I have a friend that bought in Anaheim in 81' and paid 21%!!!! :eek:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Is the price of mufflers and exhaust going up? 😉😂

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Hey Steve, how are you and Sue? I have a friend that bought in Anaheim in 81' and paid 21%!!!! :eek:
That house now probably has a value 10+ times what it was back then

motormonkey

Reaction score
so the trend seems to be following 1980....... and the fix was the feds raised interest to 19% to stop the inflation...will that happen again,...?????
Ilet's hope so and fast. I doubt it tho the way the fed is printing our money to give away.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
when you take away investor money, spending money dries up because people over spend by financing, and the only way to stop it to raise the interest rate....I remember when interest dropped to 9% , every one thought it was free money,... started hearing stuff like yeah, I financed it, but I have the money in the bank and other places working for me....soon to follow was the the investment money stopped making good returns.. my last loan I did I charged 5%.... not even worth the paper work...in the 80's I had paper with a 25% yield....with dodd frank, most investors have pulled out...the way it worked was to buy a 10k face trust deed for $2500...if the deed was @ 10%, , it now jumps to a 40% yeild... most people jumped at the chance to get 2500 cash in hand instead of the 100 per month... You had to a lot of them to make money and it becomes a job.... but.... the ones I would look for was the ones in default,... most people who carry seconds don't know how to foreclose, I've bought notes that were 2 yrs behind in payments,... called the owner, only to have them tell me to fuc off..... start for closure paper work,... then they call you...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
most investers are idle right now, the ones in good shape are the ones that bought before the inflated prices hit...the ones setting on cash are gonna take a hit.....and it's gonna be awhile before they see any type of return. when I sell off, I try to reinvest... but there's no where to go right now... people are in a buying frenzy...and are fine with paying tooo much.... and at the same time financing every thing they can, and has history has shown.... won't have a problem with stripping the house or boat and walking away giving whatt ever they financed back to the bank... and who will get the blame????? the banks, for loaning the money

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I've lived through 2 of these times, first in 1963, there where streets of empty houses, and no one could afford to buy them, people were stealing every thing out of them so banks let people move in ...no money down and no payment for 6 months.... most lived in them for a year and never made a payment... it's comming folks,... gonna be interesting to see how they stop it.... here's what I think,... this one is gonna whipe out middle class, those that own their homes with little or no mortgage will most likely survive those that up graded to a new house and financed all of it and bought toys with the equity from their home sell won't do so good.......people say it won't happen,.... but history repeats it self... they won't the let dollar value bottom with out trying to stop it... or so I think,.... gonna be interesting

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

That will separate the MEN from the BOYS. Jimmy Carter days. My Family had so many Friends who lost Car Dealerships and all kinds of Higher end purchases that require Financing. SAD!!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
lets say you had some cash right now.......where would you put it???the longer it's in your pocket, the less you will have...if you put it in the wrong place.... you won't have any

2Driver

Reaction score

We bought our first house in Havasu when we were 25. The interest rate was 14%. Cant say we gave it much thought.

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

jet496

Reaction score
i would sure like to buy some 1980 CD's about 18-19%.
This is the benefit of higher interest rates. I remember just in 2005 or so we had 7% & higher CD's & general contractors we worked for held on to our money as long as they could because they wanted to it in savings or CD's earning interest. They'd put us off for 6 to 8 months giving us every excuse in the book, usually that our insurance certs weren't right.

Anyway, higher interest rates mean you make more with the money you have in the bank. Right now savings accounts are worthless so your making money by paying off debt.

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
lets say you had some cash right now.......where would you put it???the longer it's in your pocket, the less you will have...if you put it in the wrong place.... you won't have any
I’m in this boat. An opportunity for an income property in AZ just presented itself so I’m jumping on that...lots down but I’d rather have the cash tied up in a property than sitting in the bank.

2Driver

Reaction score

Im 40% cash right now and have the same question. The market is speculative priced vs value priced. Jump in now seems risky.

Im looking at some solid utility stocks and some REITs that are tied to premium leisure and gaming resorts and reits tied to logistics commercial buildings ie fed ex, amazon facilities. All pay 5-6% div.

The other cash runs in and out of hard money loans at 9-10%, but most of my cash is sitting idle which is not the place to be. fuck I feel like a squirrel in the road sometimes.

Looking Glass

Reaction score

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I’m in this boat. An opportunity for an income property in AZ just presented itself so I’m jumping on that...lots down but I’d rather have the cash tied up in a property than sitting in the bank.
double edge sword , if you buy right now, and pay all the money and market crashes you loose the cash down and maybe more... In 05 I invested in raw land,.... the bank on when you buy R.E. is that it will go up enough to survive the down turn... with the shortage we have, the so call'd housing market shortage , what we are doing is the same thing that caused the last fall,.. we're making home owners out of renters with low down and low interest rates...
they won't hang in there through ups and downs... soon as some one tells them thier house is worth less than what they owe.... they quit paying payments and hang till they are forclosed....

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
double edge sword , if you buy right now, and pay all the money and market crashes you loose the cash down and maybe more... In 05 I invested in raw land,.... the bank on when you buy R.E. is that it will go up enough to survive the down turn... with the shortage we have, the so call'd housing market shortage , what we are doing is the same thing that caused the last fall,.. we're making home owners out of renters with low down and low interest rates...
they won't hang in there through ups and downs... soon as some one tells them thier house is worth what they owe.... they quit paying payments and hang till they are forclosed....

If it crashes, rents will still be where they are, I’ll just hold onto it and keep making money on rent. I’m of the belief that he who property either outright or with sub 3 percent loans will win

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
SIR: = Question for you!!

I keep wondering and go back and forth here, BUT!! if President Trump was Still in office and the "Covid" had not happened would all this still be happening? I have so many If's Ands & But's I am thinking over.
trump stepped out of the box, had a different plan that actually was working... but at the same time stepped on a lot of toes.. Covid happened because of trump.... they had to get control back...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
If it crashes, rents will still be where they are, I’ll just hold onto it and keep making money on rent.
not necessarily , you will be up against the fact that good renters will find it cheeper and easier to buy than to rent, I have a rental on my havasu property, and a new home with no mortgage.. I got in before this last big up swing in price... double edge sword again.... I could sell it all, but then more worthless cash in hand... I have a home in vegas.... went down from 900k to 200k and now back up to about 900k again... I made it through because I only paid 159k with out the upgrades in 1992, and worked hard to get it paid off... so no payment when the crash hit.....and i didn't really care what it was worth because my taxes dropped to next to nothing..... pretty sure that any place you put money right now is risky ... and sure to follow the crash if it happens... I'm real interested in options right now and coming up blank

Looking Glass

Reaction score
$200.000+ for the Pontoon we want. My vision prevents me from buying it.
It's my eyes,,, I can't see it.

BUT!!, what price do you put on FUN? = Me, Not near That Much.o_O

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
we have a bunch in 401k, and there is nothing we can do but ride the storm,... it's gonna take a babe Ruth hit

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
not necessarily , you will be up against the fact that good renters will find it cheeper and easier to buy than to rent, I have a rental on my havasu property, and a new home with no mortgage.. I got in before this last big up swing in price... double edge sword again.... I could sell it all, but then more worthless cash in hand... I have a home in vegas.... went down from 900k to 200k and now back up to about 900k again... I made it through because I only paid 159k with out the upgrades in 1992, and worked hard to get it paid off... so no payment when the crash hit.....and i didn't really care what it was worth because my taxes dropped to next to nothing..... pretty sure that any place you put money right now is risky ... and sure to follow the crash if it happens... I'm real interested in options right now and coming up blank

Honestly, Bitcoin is almost looking like a safe place to stick money right now

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
$200.000+ for the Pontoon we want. My vision prevents me from buying it.
It's my eyes,,, I can't see it.
pontoons made there mark because they where cheep ,hauled a lot of people, and easy to own and maintain... that was before the "HEY LAMS" took over,... now they have some how convinced a multitude that they are now luxury Speed boats...LMAO... they're not even boats,.. they're Rafts on beer cans.... but if you're not convince about the luxury speed boat part,... have another glass of the kool-aide... LOL... sorry sir that ones sold... and the news are going up another 20k.... oh my gosh,... where do I sign to be next.... ah,... we have a waiting list,... to be next it will cost 40k