WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's the tier one small cordless vacuum for the boat?

Roosky01

Reaction score
What does everyone use for an onboard vacuum for the boat? I don't currently have one and am limited to the little corded shop vac while in the driveway. Want to have a super sucker on board to clean up after the tortilla chips, sand. etc. while out on the water.

I have all Milwaukee battery tools, but not real excited about what they have in a small package while onboard that takes up minimal room. :(

DLC

Reaction score
I actually use the m 18 shop vac quite a bit, it works really good construction stuff drywall dust, concrete dust etc, but it’s big bulky
I haven’t used it on the boat!

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
We use all the 20 volt dewalt. This little guy we keep in the truck, to the boat, to the pontoon. internal filter. Works well.
dewalt vacuum.jpg

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I recently got one of the small-ish ryobi shop vacs. Its small enough to not be a huge hassle. Being a wet vac it has worked really well to clean up after big rainstorms and what not. It fits nicely in the motorhome compartment as well. I havent used either of my corded shop vacs since I got it.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
I have vacuumed up a beer or two.. rinse with water...repeat. Just remove the filter inside the black tank. you can remove the black hose and add an attachment or vacuum with it directly. The Vacuum, air compressor and LED light go on every trip. All 20 volt. 👍

Roosky01

Reaction score
We use all the 20 volt dewalt. This little guy we keep in the truck, to the boat, to the pontoon. internal filter. Works well. View attachment 1114231
Why can Milwaukee offer one like this? The wet/dry capability and small size seems to be a win?

I hate having to by another damn battery and charger...

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I have this and it is a bad ass unit. Sure it's a little larger than it needs to be for interior cleaning, but I would just buy it, use it, and move on with more important things in life.

hallett21

Reaction score
I have this and it is a bad ass unit. Sure it's a little larger than it needs to be for interior cleaning, but I would just buy it, use it, and move on with more important things in life.

Use ours all the time. I put one in the wife’s car to deal with the dog hair

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

This. If you already have the M18 stuff..... no need to change or add battery platforms to save a slight bit of size. Plus, overall I dont think the M18 one is that much larger than the Dewalt.

wallnutz

Reaction score
0882-20_3.png
This is the one I have. Works great for the cars and truck, sure it would be good for the boat too.

Reactions: TPC

Roosky01

Reaction score

It's too big! I have elliptical machine, a yoga mat, a wine vault, and a bunch of other wifey shit on my boat. Ain't got room for carry on luggage...;)

wallnutz

Reaction score
I have one, it doesn’t work worth a fuck! I’m a red nut swinger, but these are borderline useless for anything more than sucking dust off smooth flooring.
Mine works pretty good. I don't use the HEPA filter though, I wonder if that makes a difference.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Damn, I've got all Makita cordless tools, but they don't make an 18v. portable vac. I really like the DeWalt one, but I've got too much invested in the blue battery platform.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Wait, what! Chips on your boat??? 🤣 I use something like this until I get home and use a good vac.
1652192305474.jpeg

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score

I have that one too, I like that the hose coils up completely inside the box. It sucks

outboard_256

Reaction score
Damn, I've got all Makita cordless tools, but they don't make an 18v. portable vac. I really like the DeWalt one, but I've got too much invested in the blue battery platform.

Makita has the largest selection of cordless tools out of anyone. That's the main reason I went with Makita. They have a lot of vacuums, all different sizes. I don't have one, so I can't say how they compare to others.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
It’s funny, I went to the Makita website and looked for cordless vacuums before I posted and did not come across the pages you posted.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
It’s funny, I went to the Makita website and looked for cordless vacuums before I posted and did not come across the pages you posted.
One commonality with the cordless tool companies is that their websites are garbage. Marketing people and web designers need to understand WTF the product is about before forming their own soy latte idea of how to organize a tool website.

Impact wrenches for example...how hard would it be to...

Impact wrenches
-----3/8 drive
-----------low torque
-----------mid torque
-----------high torque
-----1/2 drive
-----------low torque
-----------mid torque
-----------high torque

but noooo...they're all mixed up in whatever random fucking order some loafer wearing fucktard web designer with soft hands thought was useful because they're all kind of the same thing.

Last edited:

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
Dyson. Top part disconnects to make it a small handheld. Also has powered brush if you have carpet. Two-for-one. House and bote just got upgraded.

edit, currently $300 for the v8 at Wallymart. hopefully the link below works.
Dyson v8

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I use my 7 year old Dyson DC59 Animal hand held. It's a bad ass little sucker for sure.

The new V8 ones are even better, with almost double the run time. Mine lasts about 20 min on a charge, 10 min on super boost.

Really expensive though, it was $500+ refurbished as a less than year old model at the time. I imagine the new ones are not any cheaper.

It's the best vacuum I have ever owned however, hands down.

outboard_256

Reaction score
I use my 7 year old Dyson DC59 Animal hand held. It's a bad ass little sucker for sure.

The new V8 ones are even better, with almost double the run time. Mine lasts about 20 min on a charge, 10 min on super boost.

Really expensive though, it was $500+ refurbished as a less than year old model at the time. I imagine the new ones are not any cheaper.

It's the best vacuum I have ever owned however, hands down.

I also use my Dyson. My gripe is mine only last like 7-10 min on turbo mode, then needs a recharge. Also they are insanely expensive if just getting for a boat. Mine is at least 8 years old and have tried the Chinese battery replacements but not much sucess.

Icky

Reaction score
I have one, it doesn’t work worth a fuck! I’m a red nut swinger, but these are borderline useless for anything more than sucking dust off smooth flooring.
I agree, I only have it cause it was one of the free tools they give u around Christmas

That thing looks like a tea pot? Anyone have one that knows whether it's worth a crap or not?
I have the 2gal and the tea pot. Neither one I carried in the boat. But I use the 2gal for everything around the house, I only pull out the big rigid when I have a project.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Why can Milwaukee offer one like this? The wet/dry capability and small size seems to be a win?

I hate having to by another damn battery and charger...
Get a milwaukee to dewalt battery adapter.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
I know I’ve been living under a rock, but what kind of voodoo shit is this?

Please provide a link and all your background experience, Sir. 🤔
Lol, someone showed me the light, glad to pass it forward :D i have both of these

Ecarke Battery Convert Adapter for DeWalt 18/20v Milwaukee M18 18V Lithium Battery to DeWalt 18V XPR Ni-CD Tool Adapter(1 Pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09697QSV8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3Y71WM6C499QCNVRHFM6

Battery Converter for Milwaukee to Dewalt Battery Adapter by POWHAZY, Convert Milwaukee M18 18V Battery to Dewalt 20V Battery for DeWalt Tool Use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GK1HZRQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QMNBB482QGJMD9WD47D6

Roosky01

Reaction score
Lol, someone showed me the light, glad to pass it forward :D i have both of these

Ecarke Battery Convert Adapter for DeWalt 18/20v Milwaukee M18 18V Lithium Battery to DeWalt 18V XPR Ni-CD Tool Adapter(1 Pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09697QSV8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3Y71WM6C499QCNVRHFM6

Battery Converter for Milwaukee to Dewalt Battery Adapter by POWHAZY, Convert Milwaukee M18 18V Battery to Dewalt 20V Battery for DeWalt Tool Use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GK1HZRQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QMNBB482QGJMD9WD47D6
Regardless of your screen name, you are the smartest SOB on the inter-webs tonite, Sir. 🤪

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I know I’ve been living under a rock, but what kind of voodoo shit is this?

Please provide a link and all your background experience, Sir. 🤔
I never knew that either. I did buy an adapter to use my new style Milwaukee M18 batteries on my old style 18v 1/2" impact. It works great.

Last edited:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
It's too big! I have elliptical machine, a yoga mat, a wine vault, and a bunch of other wifey shit on my boat. Ain't got room for carry on luggage...;)

My charger has a spot for an M18 and an M12 battery. The M12 vacuum is a little smaller, you would have to buy a battery, at least possibly not have to by a charger.