WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whats this?...r.v. propagne line

wzuber

Reaction score
20200630_163234.jpg

What does this do? Does the button have to be depressed to get the fuel to flow? It's after the o/off valve, pres. Reg. It has 2 wires running to it. Says it req. 9v.
Were not getting any fuel to stove, refer etc.
Says safety valve on it? Seems to me it may be a safety shut-off in the event of a line burst dumping fuel? I don't ever remember depressing the silver button to start fuel flow for appliance opperation.
TIA

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
View attachment 894564
What does this do? Does the button have to be depressed to get the fuel to flow? It's after the o/off valve, pres. Reg. It has 2 wires running to it. Says it req. 9v.
Were not getting any fuel to stove, refer etc.
Says safety valve on it? Seems to me it may be a safety shut-off in the event of a line burst dumping fuel? I don't ever remember depressing the silver button to start fuel flow for appliance opperation.
TIA
It's a solenoid valve. Might be tied into the CO detector?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
before you throw parts at it... do you have any voltage on the 2 wires that are going to it? if not, do you have a blown fuse anywhere? if so, the solenoid is bad. if you dont, try applying voltage from an external source and see if it clicks. if it works, your problem is upstream. if voltage is present and doesnt click, order a new one. parker nm22-0511 solenoid valve. ~$130-180 clams.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
before you throw parts at it... do you have any voltage on the 2 wires that are going to it? if not, do you have a blown fuse anywhere? if so, the solenoid is bad. if you dont, try applying voltage from an external source and see if it clicks. if it works, your problem is upstream. if voltage is present and doesnt click, order a new one. parker nm22-0511 solenoid valve. ~$130-180 clams.

CLAMS = 🤣

SoCalDave

Reaction score
If the plug for the solenoid is within reach un plug it from the harness, shove a couple of pigtail wires in it and connect to a small 9 volt battery. If it energizes (clicks) your problem is upstream. Maybe a safety valve???

wzuber

Reaction score
This is correct by my search too. We have 11-12 v. @ the wires, attach them to the solenoid and zero v. The sol. Is rated as normally closed. Seems it's fail safe and open, hence no voltage reading @ terms, when connected to the sol.
Thanks for the suggestions & help. I was not thinking logically there w/ solutions and stuck on annoyed w/the issue.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I would want to know why it tripped

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
This is correct by my search too. We have 11-12 v. @ the wires, attach them to the solenoid and zero v. The sol. Is rated as normally closed. Seems it's fail safe and open, hence no voltage reading @ terms, when connected to the sol.
Thanks for the suggestions & help. I was not thinking logically there w/ solutions and stuck on annoyed w/the issue.

if you have voltage that’s a great thing as this part is pretty easy to replace.

wzuber

Reaction score
if you have voltage that’s a great thing as this part is pretty easy to replace.
voltage is a good thing for sure but I am a little concerned that at the 11.7 &12.1v readings It's higher than the 9v. rating of the sol-annnoyed. There's 2 screws that attach it to the alum. block base that it mounts to in line. I loosened the screws some and propane escaped so we have gas up to that point telling me the tank s/o valve and press reg. are functioning correctly. We're getting it ready to use and sale.

Malibuvride07

Reaction score
voltage is a good thing for sure but I am a little concerned that at the 11.7 &12.1v readings It's higher than the 9v. rating of the sol-annnoyed. There's 2 screws that attach it to the alum. block base that it mounts to in line. I loosened the screws some and propane escaped so we have gas up to that point telling me the tank s/o valve and press reg. are functioning correctly. We're getting it ready to use and sale.
11.7-12 is your coach battery voltage. Solenoid is probably rated at 9 so that it can stay open even if your coach batteries start to die off before being charged. I would not be overly concerned with that if it was me.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
those 2 screws are not what attaches the coil to the valve. It should only have 1 screw on the top of the valve stem which will be in the middle of the coil. Its really easy to test to see if its a bad coil or a bad valve...... see if the stem is magnetic when the voltage is applied. If it is, the valve has failed. If it isnt..... the coil has failed.

wzuber

Reaction score
those 2 screws are not what attaches the coil to the valve. It should only have 1 screw on the top of the valve stem which will be in the middle of the coil. Its really easy to test to see if its a bad coil or a bad valve...... see if the stem is magnetic when the voltage is applied. If it is, the valve has failed. If it isnt..... the coil has failed.
20200630_163157.jpg

No screws on top, only 2 @ base.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
View attachment 894694
No screws on top, only 2 @ base.
Interesting. Never seen that type of coil before. The fact that the mounting holes are open to the gases inside are interesting and not really a fan of that. Either way, the silver stem on top is where youd test to see if the coil is magnetized or not. Just see if a small screw driver is attracted to it. The exposed connections like that in a location that is essentially exposed to the elements is very odd and not that reliable.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Interesting. Never seen that type of coil before. The fact that the mounting holes are open to the gases inside are interesting and not really a fan of that. Either way, the silver stem on top is where youd test to see if the coil is magnetized or not. Just see if a small screw driver is attracted to it. The exposed connections like that in a location that is essentially exposed to the elements is very odd and not that reliable.

Remember this is in a travel trailer. If the builder can save a penny per dozen units they will sell their soul to do it.