WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whats up with Ford

beerrun

Reaction score
Mid 2023 before this issue corrects.
GM lots around here are all empty too.

We're probably taking a cash settlement on our 3500HD because no trucks to replace it with.
? What is wrong that they are buying the truck back can I ask

c_land

Reaction score
If you do a certified order, your allocation comes out before the regular allocation is split between dealers. Not only does it assist with build time, we look at it as extra allocation. The fifteenth of every month is the cutoff.

Does this work for the F150 Raptors too?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
WSJ had an article about a month ago. Ford is exploring not returning to normal when the chip shortage ends. Dealers would have less inventory and almost all new vehicles would be ordered and delivered.

So, the day of the vulture car salesman might be numbered.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Was just at the Ford dealer in San juan. Showroom had a 150 xlt for $60k msrp with a $5k dealer markup and a 250 lariat for $77k msrp with a $10k markup.

Blue Oval

Reaction score
It has been a loooong summer. We have delivered some cars, but we are at half of our normal sales. My boats have saved me this summer. Not sure what I'm going to do when I have to put them away. I need to find a winter hobby fast.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I posted in other threads.

2019 Silverado 1500. Bad trans. Chevy had it for 2 months. Had to rebuild trans as there aren't any available I was told. Had to replace 96 parts. Luckily they had a loaner for me, but they said after I gave it back GM killed the loaner program.

Ford dealer here got 6 new f150's about a month ago. People here told me they were probably ordered and already sold. 4 of them are still there as of 2 days ago and they got 2 new rangers in.

Blue Oval

Reaction score
Ford dealer here got 6 new f150's about a month ago. People here told me they were probably ordered and already sold. 4 of them are still there as of 2 days ago and they got 2 new rangers in.

Problem is, the rebates and programs have been cut. A guy with a 2018 lease is paying $399.00 a month might end up with a 599.00 a month payment. I have a couple cars here the customers have not picked up, they are extending their lease as long as they can to keep the lower payment.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Whats this shortage you speak of....😀 mine with new shoes from lake mead boater
I missed the shortage by about a month. Ordered last xmas and it took 6 months. By the time it shipped the shortage was under way and this made it out the door.

EDIT, 100K takes it today. full tank, new shoes, detailed. Shit why not.....

20210916_081601.jpg

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Problem is, the rebates and programs have been cut. A guy with a 2018 lease is paying $399.00 a month might end up with a 599.00 a month payment. I have a couple cars here the customers have not picked up, they are extending their lease as long as they can to keep the lower payment.

Yup.

Carmakers and dealers have zero incentive to discount call vehicles when demand far exceeds supply.

People are looking for anything with wheels, and aren’t looking for deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
10% more HP and 10% more torque in the 2023 DMax just announce by GM
It’ll be worth the wait.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
It's mp
Yup.

Carmakers and dealers have zero incentive to discount call vehicles when demand far exceeds supply.

People are looking for anything with wheels, and aren’t looking for deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's crazy, so surprised with all the new paper plates on the road...

No way I would by a car right now with the prices they are getting even though I can afford it.

Father is close to lemon lawing his Black Label Navigator due to the trans mission or whatever it is. Only has 2000 miles and has had the trans replaced already , it worked good for a week and now back jerking again under acceleration. Crazy what a 105k car gets you.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Whats this shortage you speak of....😀 mine with new shoes from lake mead boater
I missed the shortage by about a month. Ordered last xmas and it took 6 months. By the time it shipped the shortage was under way and this made it out the door.

EDIT, 100K takes it today. full tank, new shoes, detailed. Shit why not.....

View attachment 1049988

I bought my wifes 2020 6.2 trailboss 2 weeks before the world shut down in march 2020. Did good on the trade and got over 14k off the truck.

Truck only has 10k miles on it and the dealer has called me twice offering to buy it for 10k more than i paid.

It's crazy out there now i have zero desire to buy a new car with current pricing and that's strange for me...lol

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Mid 2023 before this issue corrects.
GM lots around here are all empty too.

We're probably taking a cash settlement on our 3500HD because no trucks to replace it with.
Chevy dealer is trying to buy our 3500 but they can’t replace it , but then again it might be worth it to sell it and get a Kodiak ? If we can find one

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
It is getting silly out there.
I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 crew cab dually, 4x4 5.9 Cummins 6 speed manual, I bought it with 32k and it has 55k on it now. I am pretty anal with my stuff. For the first time ever I took it in and paid a shop to detail it because I am too busy and too damn tired right now to do it myself. The truck has never seen a power tuner or other mods, it has a Banks Ram Air, Jacobs Exhaust brake, MBRP cat back, Amp steps, and a B&W 5er hitch, nice stereo. Banks Diff Cover. Glacier Diesel Fuel filtration.
The truck was at the detail shop for two full days. When I picked it up the guy grinned at me and said, "I have two phone numbers from guys with cash offers who were in here and saw your truck, they want to buy it. You want their numbers?"

I could have made about 15k on it if the one guy was serious.
But what am I gonna replace it with? IF I could find something it would be 30k on top of the $ in my pocket. Loaded with DEF and all kinds of stuff I don't have right now. No thanks.
Reading this thread for the first time makes me see what is going on, and it sure as heck doesn't look to be getting better anytime soon. The hurt to the economy with jobs getting cut from the automotive sector isn't gonna be good. I went on Crutchfield the other day looking for a bew system for the wife's car and the vast majority of auto stereo units are on back order as well. We are reaping what we have sown with this "global economy" deal. Sorta looks like the "Global Economy simply means when it goes to hell in a hand basket it goes "globally"

Riverhound

Reaction score
It's going to be a long ride out for most OEM's who have already been dealing with this issue for over a year and have little visibility on timing when it will improve. I'm on daily calls with quality departments at multiple OEM vehicle production facilities coordinating all the field quality rework operations and to say it's wild out there right now would be an understatement.

There are hundreds of thousands of new vehicles sitting all over North America waiting for some production component to become available so the vehicle can be completed and shipped to a dealer. The primary driver at this time is control modules i.e. ECM, TCM, Gateways, ADOS controls, HVAC, etc.

Riverhound

Reaction score
So will all the " unfinished " vehicles be sold as new what ever year they were, or given a new born on date so to speak .

Vehicles built unfinished still have a VIN which indicates the model year and it can not be changed at that point so a 2021 will still be a 2021 regardless of when it's repaired.

The trick bag is this, 2021 models must be repaired and in-tranist by the end of the calendar year due to EPA cert issues and a host of other legal/compliance issues. I'm sure there are some loopholes that will allow the OEMs to get around this but they are absolutely scrambling behind the scenes to avoid this scenario.

Most manufactures took early shutdowns for retooling or pulled ahead 2022 production so they wouldn't get stuck with prior model year inventory. The dilemma is you have a factory building 2022 product when you have 2021 product parked because there is a small difference in a module component rendering those parts incompatible.

WTF do you do with the 2021 products when you already have 2022 out the door? See the issue brewing here! There will be a glut of 2021's shoved out the door at year-end.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Vehicles built unfinished still have a VIN which indicates the model year and it can not be changed at that point so a 2021 will still be a 2021 regardless of when it's repaired.

The trick bag is this, 2021 models must be repaired and in-tranist by the end of the calendar year due to EPA cert issues and a host of other legal/compliance issues. I'm sure there are some loopholes that will allow the OEMs to get around this but they are absolutely scrambling behind the scenes to avoid this scenario.

Most manufactures took early shutdowns for retooling or pulled ahead 2022 production so they wouldn't get stuck with prior model year inventory. The dilemma is you have a factory building 2022 product when you have 2021 product parked because there is a small difference in a module component rendering those parts incompatible.

WTF do you do with the 2021 products when you already have 2022 out the door? See the issue brewing here! There will be a glut of 2021's shoved out the door at year-end.

Maybe the used car market will adjust back to Normal finally. These guys are asking crazy prices for vehicles IMO will never sell.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Don’t think you’re getting an end of year deal, and all these cars are showing up on dealer lots. That’s not going to happen. (Pipe Dream)
Most of those vehicles are eat marked to fleet customers like Avis, Hertz, etc…

Also, don’t expect to find what you want on the dealer lot in 2022, unless it’s a customers reject, or $15k markup ( or both).

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We are reaping what we have sown with this "global economy" deal. Sorta looks like the "Global Economy simply means when it goes to hell in a hand basket it goes "globally"

I was an Econ major....back in college I was always a protectionist.. Caught some flack from the liberals back then over it. My advisor/Prof and I still talk today...he always applauded sticking to your guns. He makes his money on international trade into HI..We spoke a few weeks back about the mess going on right now. I'm not a fan of global supply chain even though I participate in it today. We've given away our edge and now we will suffer for it. Globalization has faults..big ones.

PlanB

Reaction score
We were finally given a build date for the Suburban we ordered months ago. It will now be a 22 instead of a 21 and will be built mid October. It should be at the dealer late October to Early November. We could have taken delivery of a lower model earlier, but the luxury package we ordered was holding up the build. It looks like there might be some light at the end of the tunnel as far as the chips go.

Husqy510

Reaction score
What's interesting is I'm quite a bit less for the brand new truck I ordered, than the used ones I'm seeing advertised. Just have to wait a little while.

Wolskis

Reaction score
Came across this father and son last month discussing the current inventory issues. Just another view on things.

Havoc Powesports

Reaction score
Heck some f my local dealers are rebating trucks. ram 1500s etc. couple dealers in the smaller towns have f250s 350s 450s on the yard.. Truck country TX

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Had to run to Humbolt TN yesterday. Ford dealer there had 10 F150's on the lot. Just a drive by so I don't know if there are any rangers there or not.

We go to Florida for the winter ( hope my silverado makes it). I will get a new truck there if the prices in the spring. I understand the F-150's use the same trans as the silverado. Maybe need to look at a Tacoma specs to see how it will do towing the boat. Not a big deal as the boat gets towed 2 miles to put it in the water in the spring and 2 miles to take it out at the end of summer.