WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's your comfort animal? How about an "emotional support peacock?"

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
My comfort animal is Wild Turkey :D

A female traveller was recently banned from taking a large "emotional-support peacock" on board a United Airlines flight, it has emerged.

She had offered to buy the bird its own plane ticket, according to travel blog Live and Let Fly.

Nonetheless the airline refused to let the bird board at Newark airport in New Jersey, saying it did not meet guidelines due to its weight and size.

United says this was explained to the traveller before she arrived at Newark.

_99824354_peacock_976.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Where do these people come up with these ridiculous special needs.
those things make some really loud noises too

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Read about this the other day. She was told on multiple occasions that they wouldn't let it on the plane & she showed up anyway. People are fucking stupid sometimes, lol...

Delta's updated their rules regarding the ridiculousness as well:

"Delta acknowledged that trained animals typically behave. But the carrier said untrained animals regularly stretch across seats or move about the cabin during flight.
Because of a vague definition for what qualifies, Delta said passengers have brought turkeys, possums and snakes on planes as comfort animals."

"Delta said it won't accept those critters as comfort animals any more — or other exotic animals such as hedgehogs, ferrets, reptiles or anything with tusks or hooves.
Airlines aren't required to accommodate unusual service animals, such as snakes, reptiles, ferrets, rodents and spiders, according to the department."

Comfort spiders... lol :D

hallett21

Reaction score
Can you imagine if it got pissed and threw up its feathers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
haha for some reason i totally support this!

I'd love to see this thing roaming the isle all upset and chasing the flight attendants

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Peacocks are gawdawful loud (and dirty) animals.

One of my pet peeves is people taking their friggin' dogs and animals everywhere getting them some fake vest and pretending they're "Service Animals" - I love dogs (people not so much). Unless you're blind or physically handicapped leave your animal at home - don't take them to the grocery store and restaurants! If I wanted to see your dog I'd go to your house

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

One of my pet peeves is people taking their friggin' dogs and animals everywhere getting them some fake vest and pretending they're "Service Animals" - I love dogs (people not so much). Unless you're blind or physically handicapped leave your animal at home - don't take them to the grocery store and restaurants! If I wanted to see your dog I'd go to your house
In all honesty, I would rather see the dogs at the restaurants and grocery stores. They are so much more well behaved than the people.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

Note to mention it’s shit is like an oil slick ...

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
That is awesome.

I wouldn't mind seeing it either. But only because I have to drink before I fly so by the time I board I could give a shit. LOL

DWC

Reaction score
F78C1B78-63F3-40CE-87F0-F68F686964A0.jpeg
I keep telling my wife I’m going to get a service monkey.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score

A female traveller was recently banned from taking a large "emotional-support peacock" on board a United Airlines flight, it has emerged.

She had offered to buy the bird its own plane ticket, according to travel blog Live and Let Fly.

Nonetheless the airline refused to let the bird board at Newark airport in New Jersey, saying it did not meet guidelines due to its weight and size.

FB_IMG_1517334437132.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I'm with you on this.. The fake service animal thing is flat out of control.

RD

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Here is the snowflake and her peacock..

Just look at the disappointment of her dad... lol

27574779_1502856323165700_1790730891161501696_n.jpg

24331914_141363666639706_5183912899344596992_n.jpg

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Spirit Airlines employee told student to flush emotional support hamster down the toilet, student alleges
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News
1518098231518.jpg

Belen Aldecosea said she flushed her emotional support hamster down the toilet after Spirit Airlines refused her furry pet on the flight.

A college student said she flushed her emotional support hamster down the toilet after Spirit Airlines refused to let her bring her furry pet on the plane.

Belen Aldecosea, 21, of Miami Beach, Florida, told the Miami Herald that she contacted Spirit Airlines before her flight from Baltimore to South Florida on Nov. 21, 2017, regarding traveling with her dwarf hamster, Pebbles. Aldecosea claimed the airline told her it was not a problem to bring her hamster on the flight.

However, when the student arrived at the airport she said the airline refused to let Pebbles on the plane. Aldecosea said she did not have many options since her family was in Florida and her friends were hours away. The student claimed a Spirit employee suggested she either flush Pebbles down the toilet or let the animal free.

Aldecosea skipped her flight and tried to rent a car instead, but said she was too young to rent one. So she did what she felt was the most humane choice.

“She was scared. I was scared. It was horrifying trying to put her in the toilet,” Aldecosea said. “I was emotional. I was crying. I sat there for a good 10 minutes crying in the stall.”

The student said she considered letting Pebbles run free outside but could not bear thinking of her hamster freezing to death or getting hit.

“I didn’t have any other options,” she said.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The "me" generation constantly pushes the envelope. Most have never been told "no", you may not.

nameisbond

Reaction score
The "me" generation constantly pushes the envelope. Most have never been told "no", you may not.

I was in a restaurant and a kid was starting to act up. Grandpa said "no now stop it" the mother gave him shit for being negative with her spoiled brat. I'm collecting TJ Hooker for my 10 year old nephew. If he doesn't say Heather Locklear is hot I'm going to go give up on him.