WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's your favorite cigar...

headshothills

Reaction score
So my dad got me a semi stocked humidor as a wedding gift. I've always relied on others to make the choice of what cigars are good. Being somewhat new to the Cigar Aficionado world, figured i'd toss it out there to find out what some of the other members like for cigars...

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Arturo Fuente petite corona... :thumbsup

arturo_fuente_petit_corona_4_.jpg

Constant840

Reaction score

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I know a bad cigar from a good one...but I can't discern subtle differences between good cigars from good brands.

I usually go to one of the online cigar shops, buy a variety selection of name-brand cigars for around $2/stick, and enjoy those.

rivergames

Reaction score
So hard for me to choose between the two!!! Outlaws at the river and Honey Backwoods back in LA :thumbsup:thumbsup:tbi

Attachments

• BACK06.jpg
    BACK06.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 13
  • swisher-sweets-double-barrel-outlaws-4175big.jpg
    swisher-sweets-double-barrel-outlaws-4175big.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 19

530RL

Reaction score
So my dad got me a semi stocked humidor as a wedding gift. I've always relied on others to make the choice of what cigars are good. Being somewhat new to the Cigar Aficionado world, figured i'd toss it out there to find out what some of the other members like for cigars...

Go to Thompson Cigar online. They have all types of sampler packs from cheap to expensive. You will be able to tell the difference.

Buy different types and sizes until you figure out your taste.

Different wrappers matter and what you are drinking with it matters.

In either event, Thompson is the cheapest place to experiment.

Edit: Cigar.com has some good deals too as posted above. Point being, mail order is massively cheaper than most cigar stores in Phoenix and Scottsdale.

JBS

Reaction score
Just stay away from the E cigars. The batteries are a pain [emoji3]

headshothills

Reaction score
Nice.. Good stuff...

Some of the ones that have stuck out that I remember having was Rocky Patel Connecticut, Cohiba, and the Hand Rolled ones right from the shop in New Orleans...

underpressure

Reaction score
Padron 3000 Natural is my everyday go to cigar...you can get some really nice cigars, but be prepared for spending some $$$$

Ditto on Thompson, try some samplers...

PhyrMnGil

Reaction score
My personal favorite is El Rey del Mundo Choix Suprema. Also Padron, Bolivar and JR Bundles for cheap smokes.
Great advise, try samplers to find size and flavors you like. I would buy 5 cigars of a different brand each time to try something different. I figured that would let me decide on flavor and if quality was consistant..

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I only have about 10 per year, so when I have one I want it to be decent. The best one Ive had is a Cuban Montecristo #2. Another good one is a Padron 1964 for $15 ish. A go-to for me jn a Rocky Patel Decade, about $10. I like most cigars from Rocky Patel, but the decade seems to be a really good one for the price.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Acid Kuba Kuba ...... around 10 bucks, the best I've had

have to agree, not sure how I got it but clearly the sweetest, smoothest stick I have burned!!! Have some hand rolled from a small shop on Sahara in Vegas that I haven't tried, got to do it soon!!!

PVHCA

Reaction score
I only have about 10 per year, so when I have one I want it to be decent. The best one Ive had is a Cuban Montecristo #2. Another good one is a Padron 1964 for $15 ish. A go-to for me jn a Rocky Patel Decade, about $10. I like most cigars from Rocky Patel, but the decade seems to be a really good one for the price.

Rocky patel decade Is my fave.

RP's are all pretty nice smokes.:thumbsup

McKay

Reaction score
Here are some of my favs.

Cubans (I won't smoke any cubans without at lease 2-3 years of age on them)
Ramon Allones Specially Selected (My most smoked cigar)
Montecristo #2 (Can be inconsistent)
Partagas Serie D no. 4
Partagas Lusitanias
H.Upmann Conni #1
H.Upmann Petite Coronas

Non Cubans

My Father #4
Cain F Lancero
Padron 45 years. (Spendy but worth it for special occasions)
Oliva Serie V Melanio Figurado (These are popular so I like to rest them for at least a year before smoking)
Fuente Sharks
Fuente Hemingway Short Story
Liga Privada No. 9 Belicoso