What's your favorite red taco sauce?

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
ED6E93F0-1369-49FB-9F8C-E4EB14A69606.jpeg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
For ground beef hard shell tacos i prefer la Victoria salsa brava (hot) in the tall skinny bottle.

I call them gringo tacos but honestly, replicating the standard Del Taco hard shell at home is one of my favorite meals, add a little black olives on them 👌

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies!
Looks like I have quite a few to try. 👍

6 balls

Reaction score
From Pedro’s Tacos in San Clemente…

4E3785EA-18E0-4AE8-A2F4-ADAC15CBD182.jpeg

Reactions: DLC

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
This is what they use at Cassidys in Newport.
Put it on the best burger in town

We have a local restaurant called "Eggs N Things", so good on their Enchilada Omelette...

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
This Mexican doesn't put nuthin on his food. 😂😂

Pattle

Reaction score
I have long been a fan of Tapatio for anything potentially Mexican related, and Frank's for everything else.

I saw so much mention of Pico Pica I decided I had to give it a try. First, to find it. Why does hot sauce need to be dispersed across three areas in the grocery store? First the "ketchup" section, then the "hot sauce" section, and finally the "salsa section." Stoopid.

Anyways, found it in the "salsa" section, which is also where the Tapatio is. But not Cholula. If you want that, get yer ass back to either the "ketchup" or "hot sauce" section, I'm not even sure which.

Just had some quesadillas with the Pico Pica. Wow. I likey. It has a deeper flavor than I've gotten used to, and a nice kick which I like but wasn't expecting from this. I think I might have a new favorite. Thanks RDP!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Simple Mex Tacos - On a good quality flat corn tortilla cover one half with a half moon portion of raw ground beef, salt and pepper. Fry flat tortilla together with the meat on it in hot oil, spooning some of the hot oil onto the hamburger meat to further cook, fold before it becomes too crisp. Flip and let it fry for a bit. Lift out with tongs, let oil drain off back into the pan. Place a small portion of Velvetta Cheese within each taco. Stand them on paper towels in a pan to further drain. Place pan in warm oven. In a large bowl, toss chopped lettuce, white onion and diced Ortega chilis, only, (If some want tomatoes, avacados, cilantro etc, they can bring their own.) Place portion of lettuce, onion and chilis in the taco. Add your preferred taco sauce and you're done. Yes, the oil does splatter out of the pan. Be ready for it.

Once had a Mex American buddy ask me who showed me that taco recipe. He swore that was exactly how his Grandmother from Northern Baja made them. Wrap any left over Tacos in foil. Next day place them on top of your Bimini to warm them, while hanging in a Cove on hot summer day. These work extremely well a very cold CL.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
On these I like that simple red taco sauce I posted previously. Briefly Blended 15 dry toasted arbol chilis, 8 large cloves of raw garlic, a can of tomato sauce, salt and pepper.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Man. Lots of good suggestions. Few of them I forgot about. Thanks guys. For me….
Tapatio on breakfast burritos. Chorizo
Tabasco on biscuits and gravy and oysters
Cholula on ceviche
Sriracha on burger, and also wheat thins with the philly cheese. Little bit of sriracha . Good snack.
Also mix the sriracha and the sweet baby rays. Good on hot links etc.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I prefer no red sauce tacos I'm going to eat.

Best to wait a few days.

Pattle

Reaction score
Whew!

Just gonna say it again. Thanks for the recco on the Pico Paco. That stuff brings the heat. But in a good way, with flavor.

There are a few others that folks have mentioned multiple times, so I'll need to try those, too. Who knows what else I've been missing out on.

Tapatio (says with disgust). Shheet. That was my fave, but I've been missing out, mang. Got to try some new things.

Reactions: DLC

WildHorses24

Reaction score
View attachment 1131445

We can't sit down to Mexican food without having at least this many bottles out (yes, we have more). I prefer the hot stuff that you regret in the morning 😳 😆 Left to right, these are hot to least hot. The Arizona Gunslinger Jalapeño and the Guacamayo have excellent flavor and are much more mild.
I can't believe Arizona Gunslinger only has 1 mention, we buy it by the gallon.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Chalula all day!

Plus bob sagget does a camio on the label.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Wife really likes this one it’s a spicier version of del taco mild sauce
717D3875-594A-43A1-B10F-BD29D15E41A7.png

mobldj

Reaction score
i swear jack in the cracks taco sauce kicks ass for gringos

Pattle

Reaction score
I know this is supposed to be about red hot sauce, but I have been going through a bottle of green sriracha, and it's delicious. It's just Signature brand, so I'm sure there are better versions, but I'm now a big fan. Just had me some delicious quesadillas.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I just recently finished a bottle of Steve Os hot sauce. It was pretty damn good, hot but with flavor👍🏻

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I’m working my way through a bottle of this right now. They have one hotter called Top Secret but they were sold out. Rob O’Neil is the guy who shot Osama Bin Laden in the raid. Proceeds help veterans.
IMG_0472.png

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I buy Pico Pica buy the gross but like to sample others , I bought some Melindas hot sauce with "truffle" ............whats up with "truffle" products latley ? is it just trendy ??

Last edited:

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I buy Pico Pica buy the gross but like to sample others , I bought some Melindas hot sauce with "truffle" ............whats up with "truffle" products latley ? is it just trendy ??

Pico Pica is what I’ve been using lately when I need some flavor but don’t want the heat.👍🏻

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
It's actually stuff I picked up from a vendor booth at a trade show. Grabbed 4 bottles and I'm down to the last one. It's made by an outfit in Texas that doesn't sell retail. Ol'gringos Bottling. They produce and bottle "house name" sauce and promotional bottles. But they will do a case (20 bottles) for anyone that wants some. I'm going to buy a case with our logo for the cabin on it and give them out as stocking stuffers... And keep a bunch for myself. :D