WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's your "perfect boat"

Boat211

Reaction score
Is there really such a thing? I've been thinking lately and am not sure there is. I'm like many others on here. I enjoy haulin ass. I enjoy it in many different boats as well. From a bad ass flatty to the big cats. However I have also had an incredible amount of fun on a toon as well. If someone said I could pick one boat I'm not sure what it would be. How bout you? And be realistic. A turbine powered 50' Mystic is not realistic. Some of the ones that cross my mind:
21' TT V-drive Schiada
STV with a 280
F-29 with a single and #6 drive
Mach 22 with a pair of 280's
26-28 cat with a pair of 300xs'
All different boats and all have a place.
As much fun as I have had on a toon, I don't think I could have one as my only boat. The deck boat seems like a good alternative but for some reason, they are not for me.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
One that doesn't keep frying ignition boxes. [emoji35]

Boat211

Reaction score
Your #1 choice for me is hard to beat, it covers several categories very well.

It really does. We have been around ski racing a long time so I have a soft spot in my heart for them. Full interior sleeper would be awesome. Easy to tow, can ski with it, fits easily in a garage, and can still haul the mail.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Howard 28' Bullet, Mid Cuddy OB, 565 or 600, rear-facing seats, retractable wake board pole for light-duty wakeboarding.

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
I bought a DCB Mach22 W/ a 300x in March of last year, thought it'd be enough boat for the smaller lake we go to. Well the wife didn't like it, she didn't like sitting down so close to the water, at 65mph she said it felt like 200. So I stepped up a couple months later to a DCB mach26 W/ twin 300x's. We both loved this boat but for some reason while at the dunes for Thanksgiving I thought it'd be a good idea to post it on Craigslist. Well it sold that weekend and the buyer took delivery the next weekend, you can imagine me trying to explain where the boat was the next time the wife came by the warehouse and it wasn't there...
So fast forward to March and I was told that this time we're getting a F-29, great, there goes the budget. Anyways I picked up one a couple weeks later and couldn't be happier! It has twin 525's, I thought about going "big power" but I know there's always someone faster and put my ego in check. I can say that I really considered getting a Skater 388 but just to big for the smaller lake (Apache) that we like to go to. So the F29 is the best all around sled for us.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I bought a DCB Mach22 W/ a 300x in March of last year, thought it'd be enough boat for the smaller lake we go to. Well the wife didn't like it, she didn't like sitting down so close to the water, at 65mph she said it felt like 200. So I stepped up a couple months later to a DCB mach26 W/ twin 300x's. We both loved this boat but for some reason while at the dunes for Thanksgiving I thought it'd be a good idea to post it on Craigslist. Well it sold that weekend and the buyer took delivery the next weekend, you can imagine me trying to explain where the boat was the next time the wife came by the warehouse and it wasn't there...
So fast forward to March and I was told that this time we're getting a F-29, great, there goes the budget. Anyways I picked up one a couple weeks later and couldn't be happier! It has twin 525's, I thought about going "big power" but I know there's always someone faster and put my ego in check. I can say that I really considered getting a Skater 388 but just to big for the smaller lake (Apache) that we like to go to. So the F29 is the best all around sled for us.

You Tucson folks seem to love Lake Apache. I have a group of High School friends that go almost every weekend. They want me to drag my sled over from Havasu... Not sure I'm up for that but if your towing the F29... I can't be that bad. :thumbsup

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
That's a tough one...so many different water types, lake, ocean, family, speed etc.

I have to say with my family where it is now it would be a Howard 288 with twin 400s or a 24' wakeboard boat to ski board or whatever.

For just plain ole selfish this is for me and no one else...Roth's 388.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Hard to compare.
each family has there own perfect boat.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I'm digging the Howard Sport Deck. Once we get everything settled with our new house that's what I'm leaning toward. I'm just debating on if I keep the Daytona or not.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I don't know if I could pick one. My dream boat would be a 22 Daytona or DCB/KMG with twin 280's. It would do very well up here at Nacimiento but it definitely wouldn't be the best all around. The best all around package for me would be that and a 24 or 26' pontoon with at least a 200hp outboard.

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
You Tucson folks seem to love Lake Apache. I have a group of High School friends that go almost every weekend. They want me to drag my sled over from Havasu... Not sure I'm up for that but if your towing the F29... I can't be that bad. :thumbsup

Yea, Apache is a "Tucson lake". If you're really gonna bring yours out I'd advise going the long way around and come in from the Roosevelt Lake side, I come in that way and drop at 3 mile island. That way I only have two miles of dirt road and I can handle that. The "Fish Creek" way is great if you have a small boat and don't care about it. If you do go swing by and say hi, we have the houseboat out on the buoy. It's not the Taj Mahal but the beers are always cold. Mitchell

image.jpg

Boat211

Reaction score
That's a tough one...so many different water types, lake, ocean, family, speed etc.

I have to say with my family where it is now it would be a Howard 288 with twin 400s or a 24' wakeboard boat to ski board or whatever.

For just plain ole selfish this is for me and no one else...Roth's 388.

I'm glad you feel my pain. Lol.

Boat211

Reaction score
I don't know if I could pick one. My dream boat would be a 22 Daytona or DCB/KMG with twin 280's. It would do very well up here at Nacimiento but it definitely wouldn't be the best all around. The best all around package for me would be that and a 24 or 26' pontoon with at least a 200hp outboard.

Was thinking along the same lines. A family toon and a little hotrod for dad. This is where I bring in the STV. Though the Mach 22 would deal with a bit more adverse water and with short props would accelerate pretty good too.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Was thinking along the same lines. A family toon and a little hotrod for dad. This is where I bring in the STV. Though the Mach 22 would deal with a bit more adverse water and with short props would accelerate pretty good too.
Ya, those STV's are badass but they have a VERY small cockpit and even smaller free board. So me, Naci can get pretty chewed up so I don't think the STV would be all that enjoyable compared to the 22's.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
One that's paid for.

Ya, since my 22' old school daycruiser is way paid for and runs just fine every time out, I thought a second boat would be fine for this old guy. Thought I'd revisit the late 70's early 80's with a little go fast 18' or 19' gullwing. I got a resounding " Fuck No" from the better half, you already had those days and it isn't happening again. Case closed.

getreal

Reaction score
19' Daytona
21' Schiada V-Drive
36' Skater

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
DCB M29 with twin 400R's

Ask me again tomorrow LOL

the510

Reaction score
No doubt a Howard 288 with a teague 985EFI/IMCO package.

2Driver

Reaction score

Yes it can. :)

Andy B.

Reaction score
A boat that gets you on the lake with your friends and puts a smile on your face,GF,wife whatever!

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
This post confused me... I have a flatty, a tournament boat, a 24' deck boat and a 20' Schiada. There is no such thing as a "Perfect Boat".

And Lynch, I've seen more boats run through your garage than I can count

707dog

Reaction score
My hallett 240 was mine and still is family is in love with it, but with the kids getting bigger we will out grown it soon and i aint making it a open bow...so maybe hallett 270 mid cuddy with a nice motor package or most likely 25-26ft chapparal sunesta with 496 bravo 3 we like tubing and sking but also long cruises so either would fit the bill

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Well since i only boat on Havasu now, it makes it easier to narrow it down. I think that a 2002 Rinker 26' Flotilla would be ideal. I would remove the 300 hp small block and put one of my own making in but other than that I don't think I would change much.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I know its older and not the "cool" boat now. but since I ways about 16, I have always wanted a Carerra 257 party effect with a whippled big block under the hatch.

DWC

Reaction score
Zarps Nordic with 400's or the E-ticket with 525's at maxed..

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
For my family now boating on Havasu a Howard deckboat with a merc 600 or bigger. Once the kid is older a M/F29 with twin 525's.

Boat211

Reaction score
This post confused me... I have a flatty, a tournament boat, a 24' deck boat and a 20' Schiada. There is no such thing as a "Perfect Boat".

And Lynch, I've seen more boats run through your garage than I can count

Exactly! So it's about compromise. Except your case I guess. Lol

Boat211

Reaction score
After having a 25 Talon, my son said he never wants to be in a v-bottom again. He's 11 and like the safe and stable feeling. My wife wants a small boat again. She really likes the Mach 22 with twins but has never ridden in one. Not sure she would like the low freeboard feel. She likes the Schiada idea. I really like the 20's but the 21 would be just a bit better ride I'm thinking.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Right now, any boat that runs. Who knows after mine is all fixed

Boat 405

Reaction score
Perfect boats... :D

19' Daytona for the drag strip
21' Daytona for the lower river
25' Daytona for Parker/Havasu/Lake Powell

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I have far too many, 28ss/400rs, F29/825s, 28 bullet/825, Schaida 43/825s (I guess I like the idea of an 825)

G. Faulk

Reaction score
After having a 25 Talon, my son said he never wants to be in a v-bottom again. He's 11 and like the safe and stable feeling. My wife wants a small boat again. She really likes the Mach 22 with twins but has never ridden in one. Not sure she would like the low freeboard feel. She likes the Schiada idea. I really like the 20's but the 21 would be just a bit better ride I'm thinking.

A 25 Talon, best 25 and under cat ever made. I don't know what they did to that boat but it is all that and then some. Cumberland Marine had an all white 575 merc ITS bravo package sitting on a Myco trailer that I looked at but never could get them to budge on price. Always wanted one, never ended up with one.

Every true boat owner needs two plus boats to make them happy. Sucks but reality.

RCDave

Reaction score
I bought a DCB Mach22 W/ a 300x in March of last year, thought it'd be enough boat for the smaller lake we go to. .

Funny my wife said the same thing about the mach. But found a 22 cougar mtr and we both love this hull. A bit deeper tunnel, freeboard, more interior room. And appears faster with similar power

TBulger

Reaction score
We've had a few, including the 24 Hallett, really like our 28 Bullet for all around use. Decent size, but not too big to handle, being an old guy. Open bow makes it nice to board and move about, excellent ride in the rough stuff, real happy all around with the package. :)

TCHB

Reaction score
I will have to keep what I got and maybe put a couple 400s the back. Lots of shade, nice captains chairs and quiet.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
For havasu I really cannot complain about the program I am currently running. If I boated in Parker or North of Moabi I would want a smaller boat. 22 with twin wackers. May do something like that when the boys get older and do not want to boat with us anymore. :D This summer I had the opportunity to ride in a pretty cool Schiada - it was awesome - I think it was a 21 or 22 - blower setup / fast / punchy / solid. Cool ride. :thumbsup

Pontoon wise I really enjoyed riding this weekend in my brother's new Bennington. Fit and finish on the new toons are so awesome. The way my family uses ours just does not lend itself to these boats yet (maybe someday when I grow up). We would trash one with the jet skis and paddle boards. We also use the full size barbecue every time out. It is a lot of fun but a different duty cycle. Carpet and interior gets replaced every couple seasons. My current pontoon is a tank - I have patched, welded, redone it a bunch. The Tohatsu 140 has a ton of hours and has been bullet proof. At some point I may need to just build a ground up toon if I could find the right deal. Twin wacker with easy serviceable interior would have to be my program.

Poker run style havasu cat boats. Twin engine DCB for Havasu - save, easy, solid, performs, looks cool, etc. Love the F29 - my current m31 is perfect (I have no idea why I listed it) :D - shameless plug but I love this boat. After watching every run of LOTO on live feed the M series is an unbelievable platform that I think a lot of guys (from areas other than AZ) may start going to that are into lake boating. They are safe and perform, looks / comfort. At one point I thought my dream boat would be a Skater or MTI cat but I really do not want to use this type of boat in the ocean...

When visiting family in Florida - I rented a small center console. I have also had the pleasure of riding in a Midnight Express in big water outside of Newport. Those are amazing boats. If we ever found ourselves getting into ocean boating I would consider a Midnight Express CC on my short list of dream boats. Their new builds are over the top flashy for a fishing boat but hey you are here only once.

Finally last but not least the roll bar boats. Yes - guys they are a lot of fun. The layout, fit, finish, comfort. My boat (ski nautique g23) is pretty cool. The family loves it, it took me a while to understand and operate it to my satisfaction. I am happy I bought a preowned boat (thank you Ricky from Maxed Out Marine). The price on new wakesport boats of all manufacturers is are insane. Dream or not I would not buy a new one. Use them responsibly. :thumbsup

All for not - I tell my boys the most important thing is time on the water with family and friends not the type of boat. Some of my favorite days on the water were in my aluminum row boat as a kid.

I wish everyone gets their dream boat! :thumbsup