WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

When did this become evil? WTF

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Natural Gas was a clean burning alternative energy fuel?

What the fuck did I miss?

These idiots realize that electricity comes from powerplants fired by natural gas and coal, right?

What the fuck?

This one really has me scratching my head - How did this become the next focal point to eliminate from our lives?

In a time not long ago...........

1673467478657.png

a-close-up-of-cng-compressed-natural-gas-and-clean-air-vehicle-stickers-BE1KT8.jpg

Copia-di-Bus-Lines.jpg

Calif%20Pipeline%20Legislation%20Denver%20natural%20gas%20bus.jpg

recycling-joan-e1579792047104.jpg

1673467447264.jpeg

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
You must have missed the memo when Biden took over - any and all products derived from fossil fuels are now evil, no matter how clean or efficient they burn, but plastic bags (that are made with petroleum products) that we are required to pay 10 cents for at the grocery store are okay.
That is all...

Last edited:

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Combined with the 2030 ban on gas heating coming to Cali, this would f**k kitchens everywhere.

NO chef uses an electric cooktop. NONE.

Attachments

• wok fire gas.jpg
    wok fire gas.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score

These idiots realize that electricity comes from powerplants fired by natural gas and coal, right?

What the fuck?

This one really has me scratching my head - How did this become the next focal point to eliminate from our lives?

View attachment 1188126

a-close-up-of-cng-compressed-natural-gas-and-clean-air-vehicle-stickers-BE1KT8.jpg

Copia-di-Bus-Lines.jpg

View attachment 1188124
When the fruitloops at the helm decided they need another reuse with which to fleece us of our hard earned $$$$$ and future, freedoms and independance of the commi- cuntrol.....

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
As with everything. Follow the money. This isn’t a new thing. It’s part of converting everything to electrical. We’re paying for new ranges, panel upgrades, etc. The less you make the more we’ll pay.

DAAE182B-4854-43C5-BFBF-0502E6F79C8A.jpeg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
This is what some people just can't understand,

It's never enough for these libtard sheep. Their despots want to control energy, they don't care about pollution, global warming, climate change, or any of that shit. They just use those narratives as a means to their ends.

If we had cold fusion tomorrow they would find a way to tax and limit it's use.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Just wait until some of these morons on city planning commitees start banning the installation of gas lines in new developments.

..... and with the ever increasing load on the power grid -- not only will you not be able to re-charge your car when you get home from work, you won't be able to cook your supper on your brand new electric range 🤣

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
come on now, sometimes there is nothing better than a big chicken fried steak and home fries covered in gravy with sourdough toast at some greasy spoon hole in the wall.
Shoemaker's, outside of Lincoln, at 3am...good times!

DWC

Reaction score
I love it…reduce inflation by giving out money 😂
Genius, pure genius.

The whole deal is poorly thought through. Even by government standards. People can’t tell if they qualify for the rebate until after they spend the cash for the most part. I’d have to change my panel and run 220 to the opposite side of the house to be able to convert. No way it’s worth it. Until…. Prices on natural gas through the roof and gas is outlawed. Hmmmmm

LuauLounge

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Reactions: DWC

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
For a product we're developing for yachts we've built a Brown's Gas generator to serve a specific support function. Brown's gas is formed using water and electricity and produces a stoichiometric mixture of hydrogen and oxygen, when burned it returns back to water vapor. No reason something like this can't be built into gas cooktops, you plumb in a water line and electricity and nobody is the wiser.

That said, I actually like the Thermador induction cooktops we have in our Havasu houses. I can't really tell the difference (compared to natural gas) in cooking with them and the cleanup takes only a few second. These are not your grandparent's electric ranges of the 60's which were crap by comparison.

Flak jacket strapped on, . . .

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
For a product we're developing for yachts we've built a Brown's Gas generator to serve a specific support function. Brown's gas is formed using water and electricity and produces a stoichiometric mixture of hydrogen and oxygen, when burned it returns back to water vapor. No reason something like this can't be built into gas cooktops, you plumb in a water line and electricity and nobody is the wiser.

That said, I actually like the Thermador induction cooktops we have in our Havasu houses. I can't really tell the difference (compared to natural gas) in cooking with them and the cleanup takes only a few second. These are not your grandparent's electric ranges of the 60's which were crap by comparison.

How much wattage would be needed to produce the needed btu's for a cooktop? Would it be feasible to replace the gas meter on the side of houses with a unit having water and power feeds, to "retrofit" a home? Things like jetting and line pressure come into play, but could be interesting.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
How much wattage would be needed to produce the needed btu's for a cooktop? Would it be feasible to replace the gas meter on the side of houses with a unit having water and power feeds, to "retrofit" a home? Things like jetting and line pressure come into play, but could be interesting.
I don't know off the top of my head, I'll play with it a bit more this weekend. In our application it is simply one component of load that is being placed upon the diesel generators to bring the EGTs up under light loading conditions. Conversion efficiency wasn't a concern. Most of the gas generated in the shop (when not being dumped back into a generator under test) was used to fill condoms that were then ignited in the parking lot. Who said engineers are a dull lot. :p

Cheers

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't know off the top of my head, I'll play with it a bit more this weekend. In our application it is simply one component of load that is being placed upon the diesel generators to bring the EGTs up under light loading conditions. Conversion efficiency wasn't a concern. Most of the gas generated in the shop (when not being dumped back into a generator under test) was used to fill condoms that were then ignited in the parking lot. Who said engineers are a dull lot. :p

Cheers
So you are primarily generating the gas as a byproduct? The goal was for the load created to at least have a purpose? If you're having to worry about increasing egt's, this must be a good size generator:oops:

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
So you are primarily generating the gas as a byproduct? The goal was for the load created to at least have a purpose? If you're having to worry about increasing egt's, this must be a good size generator:oops:
That's correct, keep the EGTs up there to help avoid gumming up the injector tips, rings, etc. Rather than simply using a glorified water heater as per norm, we're playing a few games with the power. In this component the produced gas is supplied as fast as it's generated back into the genset. These are typically in the 40-200kW range, though we've used it inside the shop with our little 5kW unit (a real POS as far as power quality is concerned).

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Just wait until some of these morons on city planning commitees start banning the installation of gas lines in new developments.

..... and with the ever increasing load on the power grid -- not only will you not be able to re-charge your car when you get home from work, you won't be able to cook your supper on your brand new electric range 🤣
You are about 5 years too late for a few cities. Including San Luis Obispo here in California. Yes, that town that was under water this past week and lost power everywhere, but existing gas service didnt go out.... lol!

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

What the fuck?

View attachment 1188126

Copia-di-Bus-Lines.jpg

View attachment 1188124

That's so yesterday

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Gas stove is only way to cook a tortilla. Did that as a kid hated when I saw an electric stove

Corn or flour tortilla warmed spread butter was every Mexicans quick snack. 😁

You put the tortilla on the Comal......c'mon man what kind of mexican are you?

Tossin tortillas directly on the burner grate is for drunk white guys!

playdeep

Reaction score
Gas stove is only way to cook a tortilla. Did that as a kid hated when I saw an electric stove

Corn or flour tortilla warmed spread butter was every Mexicans quick snack. 😁
C'mon man...
What kind of Mesican are you.
Cast iron stove only!
Fresh tortilla with fresh strips of green chili...to die for!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Pshhhh...it's all about the corn tortillas w/bologna or a cheese slice cooked directly on the burner fools!! And it pisses the wife off too. 😂😂

77charger

Reaction score
You put the tortilla on the Comal......c'mon man what kind of mexican are you?

Tossin tortillas directly on the burner grate is for drunk white guys!
Gotta get some burnin on the tortillas. The simple things as kids. Cooked hot dogs on stove too then wrap in corn tortilla too.

Shits makin me hungry now.

Taboma

Reaction score

We installed a Bosch Induction cook top when we built our new home in 2010 and we both really liked it. Decided to upgrade from the Bosch this past year, new Thermador Induction CT and Pro Oven. Only took four months to get the cooktop, which we really enjoy, but we're at 10 months and counting waiting for the oven --- glad our Bosch still worked.

badluck

Reaction score
Million dollar idea
Outdoor electric grilles.com

DLC

Reaction score
Combined with the 2030 ban on gas heating coming to Cali, this would f**k kitchens everywhere.

NO chef uses an electric cooktop. NONE.

I don’t think this applies to commercial application, but I could be wrong - just don’t tell my wife I was wrong!
lol

no way they are going allow NG to go away in a commercial application! Most of our electrical power is produced from NG ! I know Escondido. ca. has 2 recently built power plants - Recently = past 15/20 years!

a lot of roof top equipment Dehumidifiers and AC systems are powered by NG. If those go away so will the companies. Biotech is HUGE in Ca. and they rely on NG equipment.

I don’t think a Bunsen Burner will work w/ electricity ! But that’s just me, I’m not an engineer !

CB68093E-85A6-4FEF-8A99-F84FF46E44A2.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
Chinese food would be done in Ca.

No Wok for you !

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
My favorite irony is that burning anything completely, you release C02 and H20, recycling dinosaurs to put more water into the atmosphere, ya know, to help with the drought :) In all seriousness, it does have climate change implications, but always bring water emissions whenever anyone ever mentions C02 emissions.

Queue the scene from the martian of him watering his crops if they don't understand the science.