Midget Hater
Reaction score
Two people with too much crap
Both shops full
both garages full
driveway full
yard full
garage at lake full
when do you call the auction house and sell everything?

Motor Boater

Reaction score
We have been making an effort to get rid of things. My garage is small and I need the room. It’s amazing what you find when you start going through boxes. I just threw away a box from some mb quart speakers I got in high school. The speakers are long gone but I still had the grills and box after all these years. I’m 40 now. LOL

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We just went through a bunch of stuff and was surprised at the amount of things we were able to sell, donate or just throw in the trash.

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
We have been making an effort to get rid of things. My garage is small and I need the room. It’s amazing what you find when you start going through boxes. I just threw away a box from some mb quart speakers I got in high school. The speakers are long gone but I still had the grills and box after all these years. I’m 40 now. LOL
I don't have stuff like that as I am good at throwing stuff away, I am not good at selling larger things......like trucks, cars, boats, atv's

Runs2rch

Reaction score
It gets to the point when you get tired of taking care of it car/trucks.

The other crap you keep saving because its technically still good. If I have not used something in x amount of time I just toss. Tired of moving it from one side of the garage to the other.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I am right there with you. 20 cars and 10 motorcycles plus other motorized toys. 12000 sqft of shop. It doesn’t end. My buddy counted the engines in my shop one time and he came up with 45 I think it was. And people don’t help my problem. They show up with crap ( good stuff ) and say hey you could use this. I have a couple of sayings about this. You pay by the square foot, so you use it by the cubic foot. And I am shit rich and cash poor. Lord help me.

lenmann

Reaction score
Start thinking in three dimensions. You can store, have, keep a lot more stuff when you go vertical. Four post lifts, pallet racking, and mezzanines are your friends...you want/need more stuff.

spectras only

Reaction score
Slowly I've been trying to discard stuff that's been stored decades. I do not want to be visited by Mike Wolf and Frank Fritz.

Why not? They seem to pay top $$$ for junk most of the time:rolleyes:. Show producers must subsidize them.;)

gqchris

Reaction score
I always feel like I am throwing away money if I toss good stuff. Its an affliction and I am always working on it.

I like at some of my buddies shops and realize maybe Im not that bad. They have tons of shit and cant even get work done in there.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Glad I am not the only one in this position.
We are planning to bail outta here in a few years, sooner if I can get my Mom unglued from her place. Every time I catch myself wandering around the shop looking at my "Stuff"...and think about moving it all...I get the cold chills. I have begun selling some stuff, but I need to get rid of a bunch more. A bunch.
I don't think renting a 53 ft semi and a truck and driver to move my shop is gonna fly with momma..

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Go cold turkey - MOVE. There's nothing that will separate you from your "stuff" like having to MOVE

707dog

Reaction score
I am right there with you. 20 cars and 10 motorcycles plus other motorized toys. 12000 sqft of shop. It doesn’t end. My buddy counted the engines in my shop one time and he came up with 45 I think it was. And people don’t help my problem. They show up with crap ( good stuff ) and say hey you could use this. I have a couple of sayings about this. You pay by the square foot, so you use it by the cubic foot. And I am shit rich and cash poor. Lord help me.
well shit Bones i could move a good small block chevy out of your way if you need the room i need something to throw in the 67

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Im in the same boat. 15 or so vehicles, 2 RV's, ~12-14 or so motorcycles, 3 boats, trailers galore, spare parts, tools, stuff...

I often think about selling it all. But then what would I do with all that money? All I would want to do is buy the same stuff I just sold, just a more expensive version of it. So...I just keep it all. :)

bonesfab

Reaction score
well shit Bones i could move a good small block chevy out of your way if you need the room i need something to throw in the 67

There are a few up on the shelf. Sbc, bbc, ls, boss 302, duramax, Cummins. I run the full gauntlet. Need a trans too?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Why not? They seem to pay top $$$ for junk most of the time:rolleyes:. Show producers must subsidize them.;)
Oh, I'm sure they are nice fellas, I just don't want to be one of those rusty gold hoarders at 79 years of age. Cracks me up when these old timers that can barely walk or talk won't let loose of something because they still "plan" to restore it. :D:D
I've got a handful of projects I've been wanting to do but twenty years later they are still on my "to do" list. (ziggy waving white flag) o_O:rolleyes::cool::D:D

HotRod82

Reaction score
I need to ban myself from Craigslist and eBay. Especially while drinking.

No shit.....I don't know how many times my wife has come home from work to see my flatbed hooked to my truck and asked "where are you going and what did you buy?

bonesfab

Reaction score
The problem isn't getting attached to shit, if I sell something then I have more money to buy bigger and better shit.. It is a vicious cycle. I really would like to liquidate some though and be able to buy a place in Havasu to be able to store more shit.. My real problem is I hate dealing with people to sell stuff.. Craigslist is the prime example. They offer ten cents on the dollar with out even looking at it.. I have four cars I have bought to flip and they are still here.. Issues i tell you. More issues than playboy..

Runs2rch

Reaction score
This thread needs a good thrashing from 2FF on how not to become attached to material things. I'm not ashamed to say that Steve's ability to disconnect from 'things' is my biggest envy.

Right? In the end its just a car or just a boat. The memories made will always be had. Just sold a truck with that attachment. Its been a few days and I still have a little pit in my stomach about it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Two people with too much crap
Both shops full
both garages full
driveway full
yard full
garage at lake full
when do you call the auction house and sell everything?
From the street our house has curb appeal but from google earth it’s crankshaft manor.
Like someone mentioned “that stuff is important.”

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
This thread needs a good thrashing from 2FF on how not to become attached to material things. I'm not ashamed to say that Steve's ability to disconnect from 'things' is my biggest envy.
Yeah.
I wish I kept the last roll bar boat.
I hoard wheels and tires.
They are out of the wife’s eye site and well covered.

Now it’s worked out somewhat. Well, in one case.
One of the kids bought a YXZ and Yamaha switched over to the Polaris lug pattern this year.
$3500 set of paddles and Methods sitting under a tarp perfect fit and application.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Go cold turkey - MOVE. There's nothing that will separate you from your "stuff" like having to MOVE

So true....I consolidated 5 houses within 3 years. Lots of shit got tossed and donated. My son benefited but then lost all that shit in his divorce :(

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Yea, I am in that boat also. I need to clean out the shop and get organized. along with that I need to throw out a bunch of stuff.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
The problem isn't getting attached to shit, if I sell something then I have more money to buy bigger and better shit.. It is a vicious cycle. I really would like to liquidate some though and be able to buy a place in Havasu to be able to store more shit.. My real problem is I hate dealing with people to sell stuff.. Craigslist is the prime example. They offer ten cents on the dollar with out even looking at it.. I have four cars I have bought to flip and they are still here.. Issues i tell you. More issues than playboy..

That’s my issue to the T. I fucking hate dealing with people to sell shit, but I love wheeling and dealing to buy shit. But when I finally sell something, I somehow end up buying 2 things with the money from one. It’s a never ending cycle.

Last summer I decided I was going to liquidate. I sold a Suzuki samurai, a Polaris 4 wheeler, some random shit like air compressors and stuff. I felt good. Then about 3 months later I realized I bought a deuce and a half and a 75 dodge power wagon and a Bunch of Toyota Rock crawler parts. Ended up with 3 bigger projects than I sold. Ugh.

Oh well.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Been there done that. 8 years in I just sold my last bit of connection to my old life. Recycled it into a bunch of badass new shit. I feel great. Almost like a rebirth of sorts. New boat, ski, RV, and building my Ram. Will start over with another old school build in a couple of years. More space than I know what to do with.

Your ad here

Reaction score
For me its when the stuff becomes a burden. When it gets to the point its becoming a pain in the ass it goes up for sale. If it doesn't sell it goes in the dumpster. I've thrown away stuff I thought I would regret. I can't remember what I've tossed out over the years and dont really care. I did toss a bunch of clothes hangers I wish I would've kept. FWIW there may be a like new full set of scuba gear getting tossed soon.