WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

When it happens a little to close to home.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I work for a mid size mortgage company. Our corporate office is here in Las Vegas and we have over 70 offices nationwide, but that does not limit our company culture and we do consider each office an extension of our family. Example-our owners travel through the country hosting a “Breaking bread” tour (see YouTube) where branches sit and talk over a meal that our owner cooks for them. Branch managers routinely will visit, work and meet with us here at corporate several times per year. Simply put, we all are a family here.
This year personal tragedies have hit our family here at work. It feels very close, too close, and in a way it makes you think how vulnerable we are. In a way I’m scared this could happen to someone even closer or us. It makes you think about things, different.
In March, our manager in NorCal lost her 4yr old Daughter, Alina, to Influenza A.
Earlier this month our NM branch (they also have a small branch in Texas) is faced with the loss of a son, nephew and Veteran. I have worked with the whole family and to now see them on the news hurting is something I’ve never experienced. I’m not an emotional person but fuck...
I know many of you have had, or have a tragedy happen close to home too and my best wishes and hopeful thoughts go out to you.

RIP Matthew Gurule (USMC)

Hug a little longer a little tighter. Thanks for listening.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Sad deal.
Bummer NM got rid of the death penalty.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Life is a constant changing of the tides, ups and downs. To really know the good, you kind of have to know the bad. Consider yourself lucky in a way. You've openned your eyes now, before it has struck home. You have time to appreciate things in life now. Some of us weren't as smart, or maybe not as lucky. Most people only see what they think is bad. When life really backhands them, then they open their eyes...sometimes too late.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Damn gary.....sorry to read this. My thoughts with you and your co workers ( work family )....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, and your coworkers. That’s very sad. Best wishes to All