WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

When will this ridiculousness end?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
AND....it's sounding like he was not vaccinated.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That's not true at all. The vaccine protects you from getting it but also lessens the symptoms if you do.
He's arguing the use of the word "vaccine" not what the shot is capable of.

USMC2010

Reaction score
That's not true at all. The vaccine protects you from getting it but also lessens the symptoms if you do.
Yet I can prove antibodies...but those that are vaccinated typically cannot.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

A vaccine = immunity. The covid shot is not a vaccine, it is a simply a flu shot for covid.

You don’t go get your yearly “flu vaccine” do you?

boatnam2

Reaction score
I don't care if he gets shot or not, but if I tested and positive for covid I would be sent home from work asap or if I showed up positive without telling work I would be fired. But this don't count because its golf or he is having his best round? Or its the government using him to show covid is still around?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I don't care if he gets shot or not, but if I tested and positive for covid I would be sent home from work asap or if I showed up positive without telling work I would be fired. But this don't count because its golf or he is having his best round?
giphy-11.gif

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Not trying to be an ass. But, where are you seeing this PGA protocol regarding those fully vaccinated?
Jim Nantz stated it live on CBS ten minutes after it went down on the 18th Green... Nantz was gracious enough to to wait for confirmation from the PGA and then announced it live.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Have you tried watching tennis? Good gawd that is a serious yawner. And when a call goes against them they whine like schoolgirls.
Soccer was my first sport but not the "my leg hurts and roll on the ground" shit you see nowadays.
Golf is one of the only sports with "I". Only I am responsible for the outcome, nobody else you can blame. Also teaches etiquette, courtesy and honesty.....not the "only cheating if caught" bullshit.

Last time I watched tennis, this guy ruling the court!

130214142218-mcenroe-angry-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

"Virtue Signaling" is the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

You're welcome 😁

Oh I get it...

Like you saying how awesome you are cause you don't live in CA anymore?

Understood! 👍😁

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I’ll try to type a little slower…

I haven’t watched baseball, football, basketball or any sports except golf since BLM/ virtue signaling started. Yea, golf isn’t necessarily exciting but I like some sports on the TV when I’m home and not doing shit.
Engrish enough?

Well to be honest, I had to go look that term up. This article provides a decent explanation, so now I get what you meant by it...

So, virtue signalling is an expression used to call out an individual, company, or organisation - suggesting they are only backing an idea to look good in the eyes of others. The term implies that they don’t truly believe in the cause they publicly support. They are acting out of bad faith, because they have an ulterior motive.

But, also from that same article...

Ironically, wielding the term sometimes serves as virtue signalling in itself. By calling out virtue signalling, the speaker publicly claims the moral high ground.

I miss the old days, when people just called each other assholes, and everyone knew what it meant.

😝

Wedgy

Reaction score
Guessing you’re a fan of LeBron?
I detect an insult. Guessing wrong there Friend. I was backing you up. Your Wife let's you watch Golf? Take yer Balls out of her purse much?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Sounds like he’s taking it in stride.
View attachment 1010574

Rahm released a very cordial statement but what else could he say and not damage any relationships or sponsorships?

Golf, and it’s sponsors, is a brutal business when you pull the curtain back and take a peak. Many people don’t realize how savage golf is behind the scenes.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Rahm released a very cordial statement but what else could he say and not damage any relationships or sponsorships?

Golf, and it’s sponsors, is a brutal business when you pull the curtain back and take a peak. Many people don’t realize how savage golf is behind the scenes.
Just like the WWE!!! Hahaha

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
That sucks if he’s been vaccinated. If in fact he has, I say let him play and infect all the unvaccinated people.👍

3F5DB75A-1846-4320-A60D-EC247E85B07B.jpeg

Quote of the year Maria!!!!!! 😆

Last edited:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I detect an insult. Guessing wrong there Friend. I was backing you up. Your Wife let's you watch Golf? Take yer Balls out of her purse much?
What in the fuck does my balls and purses have to do with what’s on TV? You obviously have no fucking clue.

nowski

Reaction score
What are the odds that Jon Rahm will survive the corona virus???

4Waters

Reaction score
Haven’t worn a mask period since I was fully vaccinated. About a month and a half now.
Your beauty queen governor says you still need to wear one so I expect you to do what the dick-tator says.

Reactions: DWC

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Not true RD. Same goes for TB. You can be vaccinated but still test positive for it.

Man, you fucking people just make any excuse to keep the narrative going eh? By DEFINITION a VACCINE makes you IMMUNE.

vac·cine

A substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
"there is no vaccine against the virus"

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
A vaccine = immunity. The covid shot is not a vaccine, it is a simply a flu shot for covid.

You don’t go get your yearly “flu vaccine” do you?

Not true at all LOF, the reason the flu shot is called a flu shot is because it tries to prevent you from getting severe symptoms of a couple strains of the flu. There are 4 types of Flu, but they change every year. The flu shot is a crap shoot, which I never get.

The Covid vaccine targets a specific strain of SARS-COV-2. Very very different on many levels.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not true at all LOF, the reason the flu shot is called a flu shot is because it tries to prevent you from getting severe symptoms of a couple strains of the flu. There are 4 types of Flu, but they change every year. The flu shot is a crap shoot, which I never get.

The Covid vaccine targets a specific strain of SARS-COV-2. Very very different on many levels.

And the Covid shot is also a crap shoot, as seen by the less than 50% effective rates for the Delta variant. And it also aims to lessen symptoms of the specific strain of covid they made the shot for, right?

If it was a vaccine, no one that got the shot would be getting covid, and we know that is not the case. We also don't get flu vaccine boosters.

All of what you and I have just said follows the exact rationale of the yearly flu shot.

Last edited:

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Man, you fucking people just make any excuse to keep the narrative going eh? By DEFINITION a VACCINE makes you IMMUNE.

vac·cine

A substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
"there is no vaccine against the virus"

Man you fucking people don't know what the definition of immunity is do you.

immunity:

"the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.

Key word resist not prevent. No vaccine will prevent an infection. But it is considered a vaccine.

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
And the Covid shot is also a crap shoot, as seen by the less than 50% effective rates for the Delta variant. And it also aims to lessen symptoms of the specific strain of covid they made the shot for, right?

If it was a vaccine, no one that got the shot would be getting coved, and we know that is not the case. We also don't get flu vaccine boosters.

All of what you and I have just said follows the exact rationale of the yearly flu shot.

The difference between the flu shot and the covid shot is that Pfizer doesn't $100 a whack from the government for the flu shot 🤣 🤣 🤣

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

If it was a vaccine, no one that got the shot would be getting coved, and we know that is not the case. We also don't get flu vaccine boosters.

Different studies have different results. Allot of other studies show an effective rate of around 80%. Reality, its still too soon to really know the effectiveness.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

Yes and No. A vaccines helps the body resist the infection not prevent.

Everyone keeps saying if you get the vaccine how come you can still get the vid? That's how all vaccines work, has since the beginning of vaccines. No vaccines can prevent you getting a virus. But it is still considered a vaccine.

So much misinformation about this on the internet and RDP.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Man you fucking people don't know what the definition of immunity is do you.

immunity:

"the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.

Key word resist not prevent. No vaccine will prevent an infection. But it is considered a vaccine.

You are retarded dude. IMMUNE means CANNOT AFFECT. Whatever you typed is not a definition of IMMUNE.

RESIST means does not comply, if you resist an infection, you don't get infected. What the fuck do they teach kids these days?

JDKRXW

Reaction score

vac·cine

A substance used to stimulate
If it was a vaccine, no one that got the shot would be getting covid, and we know that is not the case. We also don't get flu vaccine boosters.

So according to your statement -- there is no such thing as a vaccine??

No vaccine in history has EVER been 100% effective against the disease it was developed for.
Some are better (polio) than others (chickenpox).

I don't understand why anyone thinks this is cut and dried.
If a person is 50+ yrs old, 100 lbs. overweight, has high blood pressure and pre-diabetes (if they can bring themselves to admitt it) --- they are stupid for not considering this vaccine for the delta variant - even if it is only 50% effective.

If you're 50, 60 or 70 and healthy -- have at it -- you have very little to worry about.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

No vaccine in history has EVER been 100% effective against the disease it was developed for.

If a person is 50+ yrs old, 100 lbs. overweight, has high blood pressure and pre-diabetes (if they can bring themselves to admitt it) --- they are stupid for not considering this vaccine for the delta variant - even if it is only 50% effective.

If you're 50, 60 or 70 and healthy -- have at it -- you have very little to worry about.

That's because every single person's chemical make up is similar, but not exactly the same, there are always outliers in any population.

Those that are naturally immune. Those that cannot be vaccinated. Those that die from vaccination. All outliers.

This bullshit about the booster shot being a vaccine is what we are talking about, real vaccines are 99%.

This bullshit is proven to NOT stop transmission, infection, and CLAIMED to lower symptoms if infected.....lol. If you don't see the problem, you are part of it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Where have I said the vaccine was less safe than not getting it? If you are old or have comorbidities, go get it. For the vast majority of people they are sick on uncomfortable for a day or two after one of the shots and are fine.

There are outliers to every vaccine, none are perfect. This is vaccine 1.0 for Covid. Lets be honest, it is not working that great and results are coming in that it is from 39-80% effective. But if you are old or unhealthy it is better than nothing for a virus you have a 99% chance of surviving anyway.

Last edited:

just_floatin

Reaction score

You are killing the narrative spitting all that truth serum up in here 👏