WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

When your kid get hurt bad.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Yesterday, my daughter Belle’s team beat their rival school in soccer. It got catty. Towards the end of the game, the other team had a corner kick. Girl grabbed Belle’s arm and pulled her down then screamed foul. Ref saw it and said play on. Belle tells her get off of me and smacks her a bit getting up. Then the girl retaliated and 2 handed pushed her in the chest. She lended on her butt and fell backward hitting her head on the turf. Played out the rest of the game. That evening, she could barely walk. Took her to the ER today to make sure she didn’t have a compression fracture or herniated disk. She had a vasovagal episode after a pain injection and she passed out, delirious. Pulse was 40, extremely low blood pressure. They had to call a code. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she turned gray. Totally unresponsive. They hooked her up to a heart monitor, pushed a liter of an IV and put her on O2. She came around in about 5 minutes. She was able to walk to X-ray so that is a big plus. Waiting for results now. Scary shit.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Fuck me, that’s terrible. Hang in there, Dad!

Reactions: BTR

4Waters

Reaction score
Yesterday, my daughter Belle’s team beat their rival school in soccer. It got catty. Towards the end of the game, the other team had a corner kick. Girl grabbed Belle’s arm and pulled her down then screamed foul. Ref saw it and said play on. Belle tells her get off of me and smacks her a bit getting up. Then the girl retaliated and 2 handed pushed her in the chest. She lended on her butt and fell backward hitting her head on the turf. Played out the rest of the game. That evening, she could barely walk. Took her to the ER today to make sure she didn’t have a compression fracture or herniated disk. She had a vasovagal episode after a pain injection and she passed out, delirious. Pulse was 40, extremely low blood pressure. They had to call a code. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she turned gray. Totally unresponsive. They hooked her up to a heart monitor, pushed a liter of an IV and put her on O2. She came around in about 5 minutes. She was able to walk to X-ray so that is a big plus. Waiting for results now. Scary shit.
Holy shit man! I would definitely be getting the coach/school involved, the ref should be held accountable to some degree as well. Hope all is ok with your little girl.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Damn...That is serious. Hope she is going to be ok

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
That's some terrifying shit.

Question as a dad of 2 daughters...what was your response to seeing it? Hit her back or not type of thing?
It’s just part of the game. Girls soccer is brutal. Men play with finesse. For women, it’s all about brute strength. She was down for a bit then got up and kept playing. Didn’t really think much of it at the time.

JD D05

Reaction score
It’s just part of the game. Girls soccer is brutal. Men play with finesse. For women, it’s all about brute strength. She was down for a bit then got up and kept playing. Didn’t really think much of it at the time.

Ok got it that would have been my exact take also. I'm very happy she is improving!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Ya I think I’d be filing charges to make a point.

DWC

Reaction score
Scary shit. So happy she’s alright. Keep her mind in the right place and she’ll by fine when she gets back on the field.
Needles and i don’t mix. I haven’t passed out in a few years but went through a stage where it happened every single damn time. I always make sure I’m laying down now. :oops: Had a nurse come to the house for an insurance blood draw. She said “don’t worry” it’ll be fine. They were calling 911 when i woke up.

JD D05

Reaction score
Scary shit. So happy she’s alright. Keep her mind in the right place and she’ll by fine when she gets back on the field.
Needles and i don’t mix. I haven’t passed out in a few years but went through a stage where it happened every single damn time. I always make sure I’m laying down now. :oops: Had a nurse come to the house for an insurance blood draw. She said “don’t worry” it’ll be fine. They were calling 911 when i woke up.

Shots don't get me it's the blood draws. But I have had it done probably 200 times now so it just gets me figgity now.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
I take it you have no tattoos.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Woh ... that's heavy . . . glad she's ok . . . tough little trooper you got there.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Damn, nothing scares me more than seeing a kid, yours, mine...really any kid...in the ER. My wife doesn't get it, with as much time as I've been in one myself, she thinks I'd be the mellow one, just another day. My kids though, F'k me...
Really glad it isn't as serious as it could have been. The good thing about being in good shape is the low BP and pulse under normal circumstances. The bad thing can be the same...at rest both can be very low. Good thing is, sounds like your girl is a trooper and a badass. She'll be back up and running quick.

And yes, get the other family deported! F' that, play a sport and play it with some form of sportsmanship. There's a time to haul off and pop someone, but that didn't sound like it.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Been through this more than once with the boy who we call crash... It's the same helpless feeling when you're doing 100 and spot the cop in the rearview except 1000x worse. Glad she is recovering. I dated a girl who went on to play college aoccer. Grown ass 7 foot tall men in the nba flop. Girls soccer players are pulling hair gouging eyes and spiking each other with cleats whenever they think the ref isn't looking. Bad ass bitches play soccer.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Been through this more than once with the boy who we call crash... It's the same helpless feeling when you're doing 100 and spot the cop in the rearview except 1000x worse. Glad she is recovering. I dated a girl who went on to play college aoccer. Grown ass 7 foot tall men in the nba flop. Girls soccer players are pulling hair gouging eyes and spiking each other with cleats whenever they think the ref isn't looking. Bad ass bitches play soccer.
Oh yeah. She’s had full shoe prints with cleat marks on her legs and back.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Kudos for being a parent like that and keeping your wits . . . my EX GF had two girls in soccer . . . she swore she wouldn't be 'That Parent' . . . turns out she became the worst one there . She had to sit away from everyone at the games cause she couldn't shut her yap. Bad-mouthing the parents, coaches, refs, even some of the girls on the same team ! I quit going to the games when I started getting dirty looks from the Dads, LOL. I did go to 1 game later on once she got into high-school, and yeah, those girls weren't foolin around.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Hip check, elbow, my ball. Not physical at all.
370FA3A5-8CB6-4732-A35E-2F00A5C502D8.jpeg

22CD3BE6-67D6-4A43-B887-A6DF2AB52C29.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
Soccer is one of the hardest sports on your body.
Hopefully she is OK. I have been though the ambulance to life flight transfer to emergency surgery with my middle step-son. 14 days later he left the hospital.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Wtf I'm all about competition but cheap shots and bull shit don't fly with me. I would be holding someone accountable. I clearly understand you can't undo what has been done but the ref should know he needs to pay attention and his lackadaisical vision got someone hurt.

DLC

Reaction score
I just hope she makes a full recovery!

and get a video camera!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Guess I read this wrong.... I thought that friggin doctor and the miss prescribed injection caused the issues. Hate doctors & hospitals.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Not to side track the thread. To understand what a vasovagal episode is, look up the cranial nerves in the brain and spinal column. The Vagas nurve is the 10th cranial nerve that controls visceral body functions. Triggering the nerve will drop heart rate, respiratory rate and blood pressure all at once. Usually the nerve is triggered by barorecepters in the carotid arteries.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Oh yeah. She’s had full shoe prints with cleat marks on her legs and back.

Not surprised my gf at the time had stitches in her back from someone walking up.

Your daughters a trooper. They will face them again.

Talk to your daughter and tell her to talk to the team with the coach about what happened to her. The coaches job is to guide them, it's her teamates job to watch each other's back. Any bs starts the team finishes it. Nothing illegal just make sure the ref is watching.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not to side track the thread. To understand what a vasovagal episode is, look up the cranial nerves in the brain and spinal column. The Vagas nurve is the 10th cranial nerve that controls visceral body functions. Triggering the nerve will drop heart rate, respiratory rate and blood pressure all at once. Usually the nerve is triggered by barorecepters in the carotid arteries.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
It took me a minute, then I remembered your training and job.
Always amazes me the pool of knowledge here. 👍 👍

AR33

Reaction score
Glad she’s ok. You’re right, girl soccer players are badass. That’s why I only enjoy girl’s soccer, the guys flop way too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Soccer is one of the hardest sports on your body.
Hopefully she is OK. I have been though the ambulance to life flight transfer to emergency surgery with my middle step-son. 14 days later he left the hospital.
Yeah it is.

My wife played from 4 or 5 club, through college on a scholarship. 9 knee surgeries and two major back surgeries. Snap crackle pop most days getting out of bed.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Fuck that. Cheap, bush league shots can't be taken lightly. Your coach should have blown a gasket. I know I step in immediately when anything cheap happens to my players (18U softball)

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Hip check, elbow, my ball. Not physical at all. View attachment 995810
View attachment 995811
One daughter sports Dad to another, I'm pretty sure #24 is your daughter. The look on her face in the top pic, other than the norm, you got nothing to worry about. Tuff focused and a fighter. I seen this look on my daughter's grille in her sport at about 12, all good after that.

Great pic BTW.

Crazy what you and your daughter went through, glad all is good.

The importance in having your kids in sports starting at a young aged and keeping them focused and succeeding through their teens yields huge rewards in their adult life. Cannot stress this to young parents enough.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

So what is the outcome? Is she gonna be ok)

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
So what is the outcome? Is she gonna be ok)
Yeah. Came home yesterday evening, not admitted. She’s up now. Stiff, sore and high as a kite from the meds. Found out it’s not uncommon for athletes to crash like that. They already have low blood pressure and pulses so the impact of the drugs is more intense. She had 90 over 50 bp and a pulse of 40 when she went unconscious. On the plus side, she says her knees and shin splints feel great after 2 days off. Going to be day to day for her to recover. Feels better moving around a bit. Gets stiff laying in bed or sitting too long. She wants to go see her club team play today. Not yet kid. Your ass is here for a couple days. You can go to the high school game Wednesday but don’t expect to play.

Nokomis

Nobody
Reaction score
Scary stuff.

Very good to hear your daughter is doing well.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Dirty "tricks" in soccer ain't shit compared to what happens with water polo. And yes, the girls are the worst.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Glad she is good and is mentally ready to get back out there. Tough to have to watch that.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Glad she is on the mend with good news. My daughter played softball from 10yrs old through D-1 college. She had some close calls being a pitcher, thank god she never took one straight up the middle. Girls are pretty brutal. I saw and heard stuff when I coached that I can't believe came out of those sweet little girls mouths'. I had to step in more than once to stop or coach some retaliation. Mean little buggers.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Glad she is on the mend with good news. My daughter played softball from 10yrs old through D-1 college. She had some close calls being a pitcher, thank god she never took one straight up the middle. Girls are pretty brutal. I saw and heard stuff when I coached that I can't believe came out of those sweet little girls mouths'. I had to step in more than once to stop or coach some retaliation. Mean little buggers.
Dudes will throw blows then have beers together later. Girls hold a grudge for all eternity and payback is mandatory.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Glad your Kid's OK. I'd be, and have been,, Athletic Director's office. Both Schools.. Orange Glen HS Concussion scandal 2009. They hate that shit. And I guarantee,
Shit runs downhill.. They freak when Parents hold them accountable. Squeaky wheel.. Bullshit is Bullshit. End it now.. Make sure your Kid's can fight. Hard. And defend against more than one attacker. Won't ever come to that? You don't know that. Welcome to Reality.

These idiots don't GAF, about your Kid or any other Kid's. Make sure they know you will hold the District's accountable. You have to hurt them where it hurts and make damn sure they feel it.

• Wow

locogringo

Yo Mama
Reaction score
Crazy and glad she is ok.

Been coaching club soccer for a looong time when my daughter was 12 till 19. Coaches and trainers have to go through a concussion training and signs to watch for. Was the coach involved at all?