WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where are people moving to?

DWC

Reaction score
2020’s list (not sure why the pics went sideways, literally)

People leaving NY, NJ, Illinois and Ca!
77F3E3D1-FB46-4EC5-9A24-237EF3343F74.jpeg

People moving to Idaho, SC, Oregon for some reason, SD and Arizona
FFB34810-2C1E-4D0C-9E6D-20CCC779E64A.jpeg

Interesting that Montana had as many moving out as in

RodnJen

Reaction score
Seems like Texas should be on that list. This is always interesting data. I particularly like to see it when it is broken down by additional demographics.

Taboma

Reaction score

View attachment 1042644

View attachment 1042645

Oh those leaving Montana are the ones from CA, who last year thought moving there was a great plan 😂

DWC

Reaction score
Seems like Texas should be on that list. This is always interesting data. I particularly like to see it when it is broken down by additional demographics.
Me too to tell the truth. We try to track it for business forecasting but it’s such a guessing game. Everyone out there uses moving company data which can be off for a number of reasons.

Taboma

Reaction score
Exactly what i told my wife. We have good friends thinking about moving there. Born and raised in So Cal. I give it a few years. We’re too soft.

A couple of years ago, my wife's sister and her hubby moved from Grad's hood to Montana. Her hubby was born and raised in Montana and they were able to move into his mother's house and property, that she gave to them. Beautiful area in the Bitterroot Valley.
They've been working their asses off remodeling the place and right now, the area appears gorgeous and very appealing. However, the pictures we get during the winter, are an entirely different story. We're laughing our asses off, because they're indoors and wearing more clothes (Layers) then I thought were possible. 😂
Looking forward to visiting them during the SUMMER 👍

Now they're pissed, because the old guy who owned a large spread next door passed away and left it to his kid's. They promptly had the property split into small lots and their selling them off to those relocating. Now my sis-law has new homes sprouting up around them, and they're trying to plant trees and build fences to regain their much desired privacy. OH also, those relocating there, are apparently afraid of the dark, and how the star filled skies are basked in glowing LED lights, thanks to the new neighbors.

Would seem paradise can be short lived, escape is futile.

PS: I feel I should edit this --- because I mentioned Grad's hood, both these folks bleed RED, not a hint of blue.

Backlash

Reaction score
Montana winters are downright cold and Wyoming winters can be absolutely treacherous. It's a different world than SoCal, no doubt about it. But I will say this, it is breathtaking! I miss it from time to time. I've been casually looking at land, but am not in a position to pull the trigger anytime soon. I would also hold off a bit to see if the land prices would come. We'll see.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
My sister, bil, and their two kids moved from Vancouver, WA to the outskirts of Dallas, TX.

They left this:

2E7698AB-BC89-48B9-BD14-A8ED412F2441.jpeg

They’re super happy and got out at the right time, because sales seemed to be slowing down. Disclaimer: he’s from Texas and my sister lived there for several years in the mid nineties.

Also, they’re red; many of their friends up in the PNW were not.

Wedgy

Reaction score
West Texas is similar to a High Desert climate, with 20 inches of rain. And snow. At 3500 feet on the South Plains, it's a straight shot up the East side of the Rockies, all the way to Canada. Gets into single digits here. Triple digits too.. But I like it! 4 seasons.

That's where all the red dirt around here came from. Canada! Yes it's windy too. Very RED area. Lots of growth and opportunity. Lubbock has excellent medical. Housing prices here are Cali circa 1990s. Don't tell anyone though. Shhh..

Tom Slick

Reaction score

View attachment 1042644

View attachment 1042645

I can personally tell you that a large majority have relocated to Idaho in the last 12 months. This place is bursting at the seems. Crowded roads, crowded schools, crowded stores, crowded restaurants, crowded ski resorts, crowded camp grounds, etc. And sadly the powers that be have zero plans for infrastructure as they line their pockets from developers that are getting away with billions by not being held to accountable.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
I can personally tell you that a large majority have relocated to Idaho in the last 12 months. This place is bursting at the seems. Crowded roads, crowded schools, crowded stores, crowded restaurants, crowded ski resorts, crowded camp grounds, etc. And sadly the powers that be have zero plans for infrastructure as they line their pockets from developers that are getting away with billions by not being held to accountable.
It is sad. For as much shit as everyone talks about So Cal they seem to keep up with roads/schools etc. better than most. We spent 2yrs in North Atl. Builders kept slapping up communities, the roads weren’t expanded and schools weren’t added. We had a 5 mile, 2l land road to get to our place. If it wasn’t the crack of dawn or late it was dead stopped.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Montana winters are downright cold and Wyoming winters can be absolutely treacherous. It's a different world than SoCal, no doubt about it. But I will say this, it is breathtaking! I miss it from time to time. I've been casually looking at land, but am not in a position to pull the trigger anytime soon. I would also hold off a bit to see if the land prices would come. We'll see.

Neither a MT or WY winter are as cold as Idaho. Texas is a safe haven for CA liberals, especially wherever Pronstar lives.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Neither a MT or WY winter are as cold as Idaho. Texas is a safe haven for CA liberals, especially wherever Pronstar lives.

When the Army surveyed this area in the 1800's, the Officer wrote, "This area is so desolate, no one will ever Ilve here..."

I can assure you, West Texas ain't the place for liberal Pussies.

If anyone tried to steal a shopping cart of merchandise ftom a store around here, they would literally become football practice.

Fall is in the air here, and it's Wonderful.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Governor Noem has made South Dakota very appealing. I grew up in the NW corner of the state and absolutely love the area... except from December to March. It will be interesting to see what the numbers are after they spend the first winter. Brutally cold winters, always.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Governor Noem has made South Dakota very appealing. I grew up in the NW corner of the state and absolutely love the area... except from December to March. It will be interesting to see what the numbers are after they spend the first winter. Brutally cold winters, always.

Yes, been in Minot North Dakota @ 60 degrees F below zero. We’re thinking of going to South Dakota in the warm months and stay at our place during the winter months.

fast99

Reaction score
So true! Idaho winters are the worst.
The closer you get to Canada the deeper the snow, usually. Some winters aren't that bad others long and hard. People from warmer areas usually aren't prepared. Some of the lakes freeze over enough to snowmobile and ice fish on.

There are some real nice large lakes, it's another world up there, very pristine, deep clean water, fishing, ect. If on the water keeping an eye on the weather is a must. Can change from flat calm to stormy very quickly.

Post Falls/Coeur d' Alene area is having a building boom. Many are moving there even from Washington state. Finding a place to live is a problem.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
90% of people moving to Oregon are Nor Cal Libtards moving to the Portland area simply escaping the failed politics and extreme home prices of California, just to go there and vote for new failed politics and drive up the home prices.

If Newsome isn’t recalled your going to see an Exodus from California like we’ve never seen before by the remaining 27% of remaining conservatives. The Communists in Sacramento are as we talk already writing legislation to make it mandatory for all Indoor Employees to be vaccinated regardless of Natural Immunity testing. You basically will be barred from going anywhere Indoors without a Vaccine Passport including grocery stores. I’ve already informed my better half that if it passes we’re closing the business, selling our home and getting out of dodge! We’ve dealt with a lot of bullshit the last 18 months but enough is enough!!

Last edited:

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
My brother recently moved from Apple Valley to eastern Texas, took the construction company with him and has developed an RV resort along with tract builds. One BIL moved from Westlake Village to Montana last weekend to take a job paying him true FU money. Next door neighbor here in HB is moving back to Fort Lauderdale. Once my cancer treatments are over we become full time Arizona residents.

CoronaChris

Reaction score
Staying to fight it out in CA, fuck these liberals. AR is locked and loaded. After that retirement in Prescott

Reactions: t&y

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Let me give you clarity. Look at census data. You can see your hood and where they move. On the right...SC. Looking for middle ground...NC. Most from CA go to WA, NV, AZ, and other states commutable by car. No thanks.