WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where Did All the Eliminator Eagle Vees Go?

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Am I the last to know? Did I miss the official announcement? According to the new Eliminator website, Eagle vee models have disappeared -- only Speedsters and a Fun Deck on the models roster.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Am I the last to know? Did I miss the official announcement? According to the new Eliminator website, Eagle vee models have disappeared -- only Speedsters and a Fun Deck on the models roster.

From a marketing standpoint that is the message, if you want one they will still build one for you. The issue was trying to streamline productions into similar models so they can make them faster versus, 20 different types of boats in production at the same time.

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
they are here at the factory. We put them on hold as they are currently not selling in this market. If anyone wants an eagle please come see Jake or Mark at the factory.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I know you've been a big supporter of the Eagles and tested quite a few, for some reason they seemed to have fallen out of favor. Do you still have any of the info or test results that showed how good they really are? I still remember in 1995 Power Boat testing a 250 Eagle on radar @ 78.9 mph with I believe only about 415 HP.

Reactions: TPC

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
I know you've been a big supporter of the Eagles and tested quite a few, for some reason they seemed to have fallen out of favor. Do you still have any of the info or test results that showed how good they really are? I still remember in 1995 Power Boat testing a 250 Eagle on radar @ 78.9 mph with I believe only about 415 HP.
yes with the 502

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
My 260 Eagle saw 77 m.p.h. on GPS with a bone stock 496HO. I still feel Eliminator is kind of missing the boat (pun intended) by not advertising and building v-hulls. I would have never owned 4 of them if they didn't offer v-hulls....No way I was going to go from a 18' Sea Ray to a Catamaran....I did it in baby steps. They originally "hooked" me with the v-hull.

guest hs

Reaction score
Not very many Large Vee's are being on the West Coast at this time. I remember Advanatge built a 25 Citation and a 28 Victory last summer and that was very odd to see that and those are not that big of boat by todays standards.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
They are known to be pretty fast, I believe a 25' eagle and 25' daytona with similar "mild" power run almost identical numbers. We're talking up to high 70's....once the Cat hull comes into it's own with more power it will walk away.

lavey jr

Reaction score
I know there’s an Eagle for sale over here on Oahu. Was pretty shocked on the setup it has!! I’ve thought about contacting the seller just so I can check it out and ask questions about it like how it handles and how it runs... Pretty unique setup for a 30’ single engine V... From the outside the boat looks pretty hammered and the Arneson conversion doesn’t look to be executed very well, from the outside at least.

100AEF7A-5E1D-40B3-AA4F-FDDFD633B317.jpeg
16143822-16B1-4413-BADB-09798D818AD2.jpeg

GRADS

Reaction score
I'd love to have a non-canopied 30' Eagle but would probably buy used.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
yes with the 502
The most I have gotten out of my 98' 25' Eagle with a 502 was 68mph. Maybe the open bow made it slower. Great boat, it was in the LA Boat Show. Jim Foley was my salesman. Still have it, about 600 hours on it.

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
The most I have gotten out of my 98' 25' Eagle with a 502 was 68mph. Maybe the open bow made it slower. Great boat, it was in the LA Boat Show. Jim Foley was my salesman. Still have it, about 600 hours on it.
awesome!

Reactions: TPC

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
I know there’s an Eagle for sale over here on Oahu. Was pretty shocked on the setup it has!! I’ve thought about contacting the seller just so I can check it out and ask questions about it like how it handles and how it runs... Pretty unique setup for a 30’ single engine V... From the outside the boat looks pretty hammered and the Arneson conversion doesn’t look to be executed very well, from the outside at least.

View attachment 814159 View attachment 814168
that is a unique setup

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

View attachment 814159 View attachment 814168
That thing is so cobbed together it’s an abortion. They don’t have a front passenger seat in the cockpit so that they can cram more people on it. Straight saltwater use and pictures like this don’t scream “well maintained” to me haha.
4965267a.jpg

4965269a.jpg

4965260a.jpg

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
My four favorite Eliminator Eagles were the 236, 250, 260 and 280. The bottoms are all stepped but not too aggressively. Just enough to give a performance advantage but not so radical to make handling sketchy when turning. About 25 years ago I did an Eliminator helicopter photo shoot just inside the Long Beach breakwater. The last boat out for the shoot was a 280 Eagle and by then the typical afternoon ocean breeze was blowing pretty good. White caps were easily two+ footers. Wish I could find the tape of that run -- one of best sustained action sequences at 70+ mph I've ever seen.

PlanB

Reaction score
That thing is so cobbed together it’s an abortion. They don’t have a front passenger seat in the cockpit so that they can cram more people on it. Straight saltwater use and pictures like this don’t scream “well maintained” to me haha.
4965267a.jpg

4965269a.jpg

4965260a.jpg

Imagine falling onto the cleaver? I had a girl kick one of my cleavers by accident and it left a 4" gash in her leg. Some stupid shit going on in these pics.

lavey jr

Reaction score
4965267a.jpg

4965269a.jpg

4965260a.jpg

Wow. Just found the for sale ad for it... Most likely not maintained very well at all, and it shows from the outside when I went to look at it.

But now that I see the ad and says it has a Merc 700 in it I’m even more interested on how it runs. Single Arneson on a V is something I’ve always been interested in, well any single v surface drive for that matter. Except the NXT, I know that doesn’t work well on a single v...

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Wow. Just found the for sale ad for it... Most likely not maintained very well at all, and it shows from the outside when I went to look at it.

But now that I see the ad and says it has a Merc 700 in it I’m even more interested on how it runs. Single Arneson on a V is something I’ve always been interested in, well any single v surface drive for that matter. Except the NXT, I know that doesn’t work well on a single v...
Yeah that transom is jacked up something fierce! With a job like that I’d have zero confidence that the boat is set up and runs well. But I too would be curious to see how it runs. I have a buddy back here in Atlanta that has a 32 Activator with a single #6 but he doesn’t have a lot of time in it, so not sure it’s even set up 100%.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
4965267a.jpg

4965269a.jpg

4965260a.jpg

No worry Bruddah da boat is cherry!!! She can handle all da 1/4 mile trips to da sandbar you can do in one day! And all da honeys will luv you wit dis boat!!!!

Meaney77

Reaction score
I have had great luck with my 25' Eagle... She has never let me down and runs pretty good with a blue motor. One of these days I am going to get off my wallet and redo the interior and give her some love.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Nice to see it’s not just fancy bass boats and over priced poontoons!
Fun fact I saw on Instagram yesterday

IMG_2691.png

When’s the elminator regatta held??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverryder

Reaction score
What are you guys doing for the slippery swim step?

Riverryder

Reaction score
Nothing you can do. It’s a Euro Step. :):p

Dam haha I saw another thread where someone sent a template for gator step to do a custom one on another kind of boat. I want to get that on the bow and swim step . Gonna doit before next season.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Dam haha I saw another thread where someone sent a template for gator step to do a custom one on another kind of boat. I want to get that on the bow and swim step . Gonna doit before next season.

Have you seen the swim step extension that Eliminator has. Adds a few feet.

Mike K

Reaction score
In 2004 I bought a new 250 Eagle. It was a perfect boat ... everything was done exactly right. I threw a lot of $ into cool add ons ... the gel coat was laser straight and it rode so nicely ... perfect in every way ... I sold it 2 years ago and regret it it since. Bob Leach knows how to build a boat.

GRADS

Reaction score
In 2004 I bought a new 250 Eagle. It was a perfect boat ... everything was done exactly right. I threw a lot of $ into cool add ons ... the gel coat was laser straight and it rode so nicely ... perfect in every way ... I sold it 2 years ago and regret it it since. Bob Leach knows how to build a boat.
Some of the Eagles of the early 2000's weren't the greatest boats....some of them were built in Havasu and well, let's just leave it at that.

lavey jr

Reaction score
I remember the 2009 regatta Tony C came flying by me in that 43.:cool: I think the original configuration was twin 1025's that ran about 118, sweet boat, not sure what engines it's running now.

That boat (yellow/red) has Mercury 700’s with NXT’s in it. The white/red boat had the Mercury 1075’s on #6’s.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
That boat (yellow/red) has Mercury 700’s with NXT’s in it. The white/red boat had the Mercury 1075’s on #6’s.
Yea, I looked it up, you're right, I don't know where the hell I got that Idea. :confused: Sure seems like the magazines were talking about it running into the high 120's with 1075's, maybe they were just projecting, and that was all before the red and white one was built.

lavey jr

Reaction score
Yea, I looked it up, you're right, I don't know where the hell I got that Idea. :confused: Sure seems like the magazines were talking about it running into the high 120's with 1075's, maybe they were just projecting, and that was all before the red and white one was built.

Not sure about the final speed number that boat put up but I know it ran really good. One time at the SCOPE poker run I was in the Lavey Craft 39 EVO running around 100-105mph about halfway to Catalina Island and Tony C was driving the white/red 1075 boat and he just motored on by us at a good pace. It had a really good running attitude in the ocean.